Ann Coulter.... Deadhead...

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
DMC Freeride
Tree Psycho

Ann Coulter.... Deadhead...

Post by DMC Freeride »

http://www.jambands.com/Features/conten ... 3.06.phtml

I've always know this - but hearing her elude to others who listened to the GD is interesting..

just kinda shows that the GD transcend all levels...
<b>Shortski - Nazi douchebag..... Moderator and asswipe - if I you can't ignore an asshole like Shortski - who happens to be a moderator then this board is total sh*t...</b>
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Always knew that deadheads were f**ed up. This just confirms it :)
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

b-5
Wanted Poster

Post by b-5 »

the dead sucks!
hot tuna is a better band hands down...i also hear that a band named the third rail smokes the dead!
St. Jerry
Powderhound

Post by St. Jerry »

When I was younger, it seemed as if those hippy freaks used to follow me where ever I went. Good riddence I say!
Ron Paul 2012
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

That chick's an asswipe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Havenu Shalom Alachem
ski_adk
Bumper

Post by ski_adk »

She sounds like a typical NeoCon. Do as I say, not as I do...and when you catch me doing not as I say, well, too bad. But if you do not as I say, then we should bomb your country, take your women and convert your people to Christianity.
yeti
Powderhound

Post by yeti »

While I am sure my opinion is unpopular amongst deadheads - a group of people that I rarely mix with anyway - I find that the vast majority of their live performances do indeed suck yet some of their studio albums are quite good.
Thanks for the mammaries! (.)(.)
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

yeti wrote:While I am sure my opinion is unpopular amongst deadheads - a group of people that I rarely mix with anyway - I find that the vast majority of their live performances do indeed suck yet some of their studio albums are quite good.
In a bass guitar player forum that I'm in someone posted a thread regarding most overrated bands. One guy mentioned that he thought the Dead absolutely sucked until he listened to them stoned.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

St. Jerry
Powderhound

Post by St. Jerry »

yeti wrote:While I am sure my opinion is unpopular amongst deadheads - a group of people that I rarely mix with anyway - I find that the vast majority of their live performances do indeed suck yet some of their studio albums are quite good.
Surprisingly, most deadheads agree with that.
Ron Paul 2012
St. Jerry
Powderhound

Re: Ann Coulter.... Deadhead...

Post by St. Jerry »

DMC Freeride wrote:http://www.jambands.com/Features/conten ... 3.06.phtml

I've always know this - but hearing her elude to others who listened to the GD is interesting..

just kinda shows that the GD transcend all levels...
In all seriousness, I did find the article an interesting read.
Ron Paul 2012
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

St. Jerry wrote:
I found that many dead shows I've heard are not as good as the albums. At least compared to the ones I've heard.

On the other hand, most of the live Phish songs are better live then on a CD, IMHO. Then again I guess Phish lovers aren't really Deadheads, but Phisheads ... close enough IMHO
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

I thought the whole Dead experience was live was the best, hands down.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

SkiDork wrote:I thought the whole Dead experience was live was the best, hands down.
I thought that was the whole deal with the Dead...that no two shows were ever the same...I thought they were the greatest "jam" band ever...

??
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

St. Jerry wrote:
oh the sarcasm. i think i have a copy of workingman's somewhere, but thats about it for studio albums.
yeti
Powderhound

Post by yeti »

Well, listen to the studio version of Terrapin Station... that is well written and pretty tight. I am sure that someone has captured a decent live version of that tune, but most of the live versions I have heard are quite frankly fscked.

Seriously, never mind the fact that none of the instruments are even in tune (or so it sounds)... sometimes it sounds like no one on stage is even playing the same song. WTF?

"Duude... 'Space' is the ultimate experience, man" well I checked out a show, was thouroughly disgusted by the smell of some of the people around me all the while eagerly awaiting this transcendental experience of drums... Well JHC my three year old has kicked out better than that on the coffee table while throwing a tantrum.

Look, people can live their lives however they want. Wear tie dye, shower not often, exist in constant serious need of a shave and hair cut, and preach about the environment all the while belching fumes into the air from an old van simply to follow a band of old men - matters not a bit to me. But do not even attempt to tell me that band sounds even remotely good live.

A long time ago I used to play guitar and the cello. I can even still read sheet music, however I tried to play a few months back and didn't do very well (I haven't played cello since I was 17 and guiter since my 20's). However the fact that I still retain a vestige of musical training perhaps influences my prejudice against this band's live recordings.
Thanks for the mammaries! (.)(.)