Didn't want to screw up the vibe on the main board

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Dr. NO wrote:Militarily, I can't understand why we'd want to get into an armed conflict with NK. We couldn't beat them back in the 50's, I don't know why we think we still can today.

Um, NK did NOT defeat us in the 50's. We had pushed them nearly to China when the Chinese felt that we had gone too far and sent several hundred thousand troops across the boarder to over run out positions and troops. Study of the war shows that many of our positions were cut off and then rescued by some pretty hairy operations.

Should have let MacArther NUKE Peking.
I was with ya 'til that last absurd comment... :roll:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Bubba wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:Militarily, I can't understand why we'd want to get into an armed conflict with NK. We couldn't beat them back in the 50's, I don't know why we think we still can today.

Um, NK did NOT defeat us in the 50's. We had pushed them nearly to China when the Chinese felt that we had gone too far and sent several hundred thousand troops across the boarder to over run out positions and troops. Study of the war shows that many of our positions were cut off and then rescued by some pretty hairy operations.

Should have let MacArther NUKE Peking.
I was with ya 'til that last absurd comment... :roll:
Well, you know what I like !
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
ski_adk
Bumper

Post by ski_adk »

See, that's just the thing though. Why would China tolerate us encroaching so closely to them? That's their historical sphere of influence. I don't care how great things were going...we were still stopped. And there was never a formal surrender nor clear end to the war. Technically, the war is still going on. How sure are you that the North Koreans still don't have some form of alliance with the Chinese?

Regardless, I don't want to experience a nuclear war. Anyone honestly advocating for such should think about where they live and their locale's ranking on any enemy's target list. Are you sure your neighborhood or town can survive on its own, completely cut off from gas and electric? Are you sure you can live without food being trucked to your local grocery store. Are you still sure that nuclear war is a good idea?
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

ski_adk wrote:See, that's just the thing though. Why would China tolerate us encroaching so closely to them? That's their historical sphere of influence. I don't care how great things were going...we were still stopped. And there was never a formal surrender nor clear end to the war. Technically, the war is still going on. How sure are you that the North Koreans still don't have some form of alliance with the Chinese?

Regardless, I don't want to experience a nuclear war. Anyone honestly advocating for such should think about where they live and their locale's ranking on any enemy's target list. Are you sure your neighborhood or town can survive on its own, completely cut off from gas and electric? Are you sure you can live without food being trucked to your local grocery store. Are you still sure that nuclear war is a good idea?
The North Koreans do have an aliance and trade practice with the Chinese, thus the Chinese are reluctant to side with anyone else. ( of course, a conflict in NK could be to china's advantage)

The war with North Korea is NOT over, it is an amistace(still not sure I can spell that f'n word) and cease fire. No treaty ever signed.

WE, the USA and our courageous flyers bailed their sorry asses out. Flying Tigers are still GODS in China. Yet they hate us as a nation and would like to bring us down. They NEVER had dominance over the entire pacific rim. NOW they want it but cannot control it, and nobody on it wants them. Should have finished it when the commies took over. Go MacArther!

It would be in China's interest to negotiate a peace with NK, maybe even get a treaty to end hostility with SK. China needs world trade, markets and money to continue it's growth. Failure to join the world efforts will only deter it's growth in the short term.

Shut up and Ski!

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Dr. NO wrote:
ski_adk wrote:See, that's just the thing though. Why would China tolerate us encroaching so closely to them? That's their historical sphere of influence. I don't care how great things were going...we were still stopped. And there was never a formal surrender nor clear end to the war. Technically, the war is still going on. How sure are you that the North Koreans still don't have some form of alliance with the Chinese?

The North Koreans do have an aliance and trade practice with the Chinese, thus the Chinese are reluctant to side with anyone else. ( of course, a conflict in NK could be to china's advantage)

The war with North Korea is NOT over, it is an amistace(still not sure I can spell that f'n word) and cease fire. No treaty ever signed.

WE, the USA and our courageous flyers bailed their sorry asses out. Flying Tigers are still GODS in China. Yet they hate us as a nation and would like to bring us down. They NEVER had dominance over the entire pacific rim. NOW they want it but cannot control it, and nobody on it wants them. Should have finished it when the commies took over. Go MacArther!

It would be in China's interest to negotiate a peace with NK, maybe even get a treaty to end hostility with SK. China needs world trade, markets and money to continue it's growth. Failure to join the world efforts will only deter it's growth in the short term.
Your logic, or lack of same, is mind boggling to say the least.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
yeti
Powderhound

Post by yeti »

Barring outside interference, South Korea would utterly destroy North Korea. (SK has a very large, modern, and powerful military). They could accomplish this mission without our help.

However they would suffer massive civilian casualties - the North has thousands of artillery tubes within range of Seoul and several other South Korean towns... and it would simply be impossible to destroy them all before they inflict huge damage on their targets (and that is assuming they don't start shooting chemical weapons).

No one wants the fighting to resume in Korea. A nice stroke or heart attack would be very handy right about now....

The hell of it is, a reunified Korea would be an incredible nation. Oh well, until that day these mofo's can talk to the hand. The hand holding the gun, that is - because no way in hell are they exporting their brand of BS to here.
Thanks for the mammaries! (.)(.)
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

yeti wrote:Barring outside interference, South Korea would utterly destroy North Korea. (SK has a very large, modern, and powerful military). They could accomplish this mission without our help.

However they would suffer massive civilian casualties - the North has thousands of artillery tubes within range of Seoul and several other South Korean towns... and it would simply be impossible to destroy them all before they inflict huge damage on their targets (and that is assuming they don't start shooting chemical weapons).

No one wants the fighting to resume in Korea. A nice stroke or heart attack would be very handy right about now....

The hell of it is, a reunified Korea would be an incredible nation. Oh well, until that day these mofo's can talk to the hand. The hand holding the gun, that is - because no way in hell are they exporting their brand of BS to here.
Similar to Germany?
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

Bubba wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:

You're way too nice. The scary part of democracy is that he gets a vote.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Cityskier wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:

You're way too nice. The scary part of democracy is that he gets a vote.
It does work both ways !

Shut up and Ski!