Ken Lay DEAD....in Aspen

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

yeti wrote:All I know is that the f-er got away with it.
Yeah, but that a tough way to win, drop dead, you'll only win once that way. :lol:
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Bubba wrote:Sounds like Rommel all over again
That one went right over my head. Care to explain? Only thing I know about Rommel is that he a reputation of being a decent person, unlike most of the other Nazi military leadership, and was a good general.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
That one went right over my head. Care to explain? Only thing I know about Rommel is that he a reputation of being a decent person, unlike most of the other Nazi military leadership, and was a good general.
Rommel was forced to commit suicide after it was learned that he was somehow aware of the plot to kill Hitler but didn't do anything about it. The deal was that he would be given a hero's funeral and his family taken care of. Other plotters were summarily hanged after show trials.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Bubba wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:
Rommel was forced to commit suicide after it was learned that he was somehow aware of the plot to kill Hitler but didn't do anything about it. The deal was that he would be given a hero's funeral and his family taken care of. Other plotters were summarily hanged after show trials.
Okay. Didn't get to that part in "Rise and Fall" yet. But given Hitler's track record with promises - I don't think he kept a single one that he ever made, I wouldn't be surprised if he also had Rommel's family whacked too.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
Bubba wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:
Okay. Didn't get to that part in "Rise and Fall" yet. But given Hitler's track record with promises - I don't think he kept a single one that he ever made, I wouldn't be surprised if he also had Rommel's family whacked too.
No, in fact at least one of Rommel's kids has been interviewed on WW II documentaries.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe