Sheehan: War is 'wrong and immoral'

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Sheehan: War is 'wrong and immoral'

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036697/

So she'd rather live under Chavez ... why doesn't she just go there then?
DMC Freeride
Tree Psycho

Re: Sheehan: War is 'wrong and immoral'

Post by DMC Freeride »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036697/

Cause she's an American and has a right to say whatever the f*** she wants no matter what you say or want her to think...
<b>Shortski - Nazi douchebag..... Moderator and asswipe - if I you can't ignore an asshole like Shortski - who happens to be a moderator then this board is total sh*t...</b>
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Her comment is a rebuke to the President, not the country in general.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

DMC Freeride wrote:

Cause she's an American and has a right to say whatever the f*** she wants no matter what you say or want her to think...
I agree she can say whatever she wants, but it would also be nice if she along with the Baldwin and Sheens and all the others that get the press coverage to disseminate their views would also exercise their other freedom of unimpeded free travel and actually move to the places they think are so much better. I think if Ms Sheehan moved to Venezuela and spoke of Mr Chavez in the same way she has spoken of Mr. Bush she would really appreciate her freedoms.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

shortski wrote:[
I agree she can say whatever she wants, but it would also be nice if she along with the Baldwin and Sheens and all the others that get the press coverage to disseminate their views would also exercise their other freedom of unimpeded free travel and actually move to the places they think are so much better. I think if Ms Sheehan moved to Venezuela and spoke of Mr Chavez in the same way she has spoken of Mr. Bush she would really appreciate her freedoms.
They use the press to disseminate their views same as politicians and any other public figure. that's the way it works. And the beauty of our country is that you can publicly speak out and voice unpopular opinions without fear of dissapearing into the night forever. isnt that what the first amendment is all about? God forbid we end up with an administration you dont care for. I certainly think you may end up posting and talking about subject matter not appealing to that admin. and its supporters.
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

2knees wrote:
shortski wrote:[
They use the press to disseminate their views same as politicians and any other public figure. that's the way it works. And the beauty of our country is that you can publicly speak out and voice unpopular opinions without fear of dissapearing into the night forever. isnt that what the first amendment is all about? God forbid we end up with an administration you dont care for. I certainly think you may end up posting and talking about subject matter not appealing to that admin. and its supporters.
Bingo, but if was not for the left leaning tendencies of the main stream press this women's views wouldn't be national news and neither would the views of some second rate actors and actresses. Please just once let them do what they say. As far a change in administration I'm looking forward to it, I a firm believer in put up[ or shut up and when the power shifts I'm hoping it's for the better for everyone, and I need new topics to discuss the old ones are getting welll...............old. .
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage
ski_adk
Bumper

Post by ski_adk »

If the country (in your own eyes) is broken, then wouldn't a true patriot remain and attempt to change it?
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

ski_adk wrote:If the country (in your own eyes) is broken, then wouldn't a true patriot remain and attempt to change it?
Yeah a true patriot would but then again I don't think Ms Sheehan is a true patriot, IMHO, and that's not what she said, she said she would rather live under Chavez, I'm saying put your money where your mouth is.
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage
ski_adk
Bumper

Post by ski_adk »

If she's not a patriot, then why? How can you prove or disprove her patriotism?
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

shortski wrote:
ski_adk wrote:If the country (in your own eyes) is broken, then wouldn't a true patriot remain and attempt to change it?
Yeah a true patriot would but then again I don't think Ms Sheehan is a true patriot, IMHO, and that's not what she said, she said she would rather live under Chavez, I'm saying put your money where your mouth is.
What you're suggesting isn't what she said either. She said she'd rather under Chavez instead of Bush, not in Venuzela instead of the United States.

Unless she's being very loose with her language I read that as a criticism of the President not the country.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
shortski wrote:
What you're suggesting isn't what she said either. She said she'd rather under Chavez instead of Bush, not in Venuzela instead of the United States.

Unless she's being very loose with her language I read that as a criticism of the President not the country.
Sheehan says:
"Actually, um, I don't hate the President either and um, I don't trash the President, I trash the President's foreign policy, which is fundamentally inherently wrong and immoral. And I don't tell people around the world anything that they don't know."

It appears she doesn't hate the President, but rather prefers the foreign policies of Hugo Chavez?

"Well, you know he says a terrorist is somebody who kills innocent men, women, and children. And there has been over 100,000 innocent men, women and children killed in Iraq on his orders."

Interesting. Does anyone know the orders that were given to our troops to kill men, women, and children?
DMC Freeride
Tree Psycho

Post by DMC Freeride »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:"Well, you know he says a terrorist is somebody who kills innocent men, women, and children. And there has been over 100,000 innocent men, women and children killed in Iraq on his orders."

Interesting. Does anyone know the orders that were given to our troops to kill men, women, and children?
He gave te order to invade Iraq.. Thousands of innocent civilians have been killed in the Xfire...

Seems pretty simple to me... Don't know why you can't grasp the fact that we've accidently killed civilians.....
<b>Shortski - Nazi douchebag..... Moderator and asswipe - if I you can't ignore an asshole like Shortski - who happens to be a moderator then this board is total sh*t...</b>
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

DMC Freeride wrote:[
He gave te order to invade Iraq.. Thousands of innocent civilians have been killed in the Xfire...

Seems pretty simple to me... Don't know why you can't grasp the fact that we've accidently killed civilians.....
come on DMC. Its called collateral damage. Not killing civilians. get with the program please.
DMC Freeride
Tree Psycho

Post by DMC Freeride »

Opinions that are not relevant do not get press... Only things that people are interested in get press coverage and pick up traction...

If people in this country didn't believe in what she says - then she would just fade away... But she hasn't...

That should tell you something...
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
shortski wrote:

Well unless Mr Chavez is planning on taking over the United States which is the only way Ms Sheehan could live under him without leaving the United States, and I'd be happy to see her do just that, would be for her to move to Venezuela, unless or course you see a different way. If I'm missing something could you please point it out, thanking you in advance for your enlightenment.
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage