I've been e-mailing

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
SkiDork
Site Admin

I've been e-mailing

Post by SkiDork »

with Cindy Sheehan this morning.

I asked her how we could eliminate (or at least reduce) the al_queda problem without any sort of warfare/fighting.

Her stance on that? Basically for the US to stop meddling with the Middle East, especially Israel. Here is her quote:

"I think the only solution is one that looks at the root causes of terrorism and our part in it and trying to solve things diplomatically and without killing innocent people."

And this from her sister (who initially inrercepts her e-mails):

"But you must know that we are hated by Islam because of our policies in the middle east. I sincerely believe if we stopped occupying and condoning Israels history of occupying Arab lands we could secure Peace on Earth. Through diplomacy and not violence."

Interesting stuff. Carry on.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
ski_adk
Bumper

Post by ski_adk »

I don't let Cindy Sheehan speak for me, but I think she brings up an interesting point. If we want peace with the Middle East, we should either kill them all or get the hell out. Those seem to be the only realistic approaches at this point.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

ski_adk wrote:I don't let Cindy Sheehan speak for me, but I think she brings up an interesting point. If we want peace with the Middle East, we should either kill them all or get the hell out. Those seem to be the only realistic approaches at this point.
George Wallace's running mate General Curtis LeMay said pretty much the same thing about Viet Nam.

"What would I do about Viet Nam? I'd bomb 'em into the stone age."

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Cindy Sheehan is a fool, a well-meaning fool, if that's what she believes.

As for getting out of the Middle East, it has been the history of this planet in the past 100 years that when we get out, bad things happen. What needs to happen in the Middle East is an Islamic Reformation, similar to what occurred with Christianity in the 1400 - 1600 time frame. Since Islam is about 500 years younger than Christianity, we ought to see this Reformation in about 300 more years.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Bubba wrote:Cindy Sheehan is a fool, a well-meaning fool, if that's what she believes.

As for getting out of the Middle East, it has been the history of this planet in the past 100 years that when we get out, bad things happen. What needs to happen in the Middle East is an Islamic Reformation, similar to what occurred with Christianity in the 1400 - 1600 time frame. Since Islam is about 500 years younger than Christianity, we ought to see this Reformation in about 300 more years.
Bubbs -

Did you forget how to add? 1400 + 500 = 1900. 1600 + 500 = 2100.
Best case, it's about to happen and everything will be rosy soon.
Worst case it already happened and we're still screwed.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

Bubba wrote:As for getting out of the Middle East, it has been the history of this planet in the past 100 years that when we get out, bad things happen.
As opposed to all the good things that have happend while we have a presence over there???? I don't follow that "logic" one bit.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

I think Sheehan has some good points and is generally not a 'fool' when she's not a puppet for Code Pink and other hard left wingers. Of course, she aligns herself with them because they can give her the limelight and a pulpit to which she may speak.

I think if we became like Switzerland, we'd still have a plethora of problems with Radical Islam. Just the other night I was watching some Discovery show about some Islamic group ... one of the Jihadists said that there mission would not be complete until the World is under Islamic rule.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
Bubba wrote:Cindy Sheehan is a fool, a well-meaning fool, if that's what she believes.

Bubbs -

Did you forget how to add? 1400 + 500 = 1900. 1600 + 500 = 2100.
Best case, it's about to happen and everything will be rosy soon.
Worst case it already happened and we're still screwed.
That was the beginning of the Reformation - it didn't happen overnight. 500 years later, the Catholics and Protestants were still fighting it out in Ireland. Actually, we're beginning to see an Islamic Reformation, or at least the glimmer of one, in some of the more moderate Islamic states today. How long such change takes to really take hold, your guess is as good as mine.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
MarieM
Post Office

Re: I've been e-mailing

Post by MarieM »

SkiDork wrote: I sincerely believe if we stopped occupying and condoning Israels history of occupying Arab lands we could secure Peace on Earth. Through diplomacy and not violence."

Interesting stuff. Carry on.
"Interesting stuff" is certainly an understatement. "Peace on Earth???" Yup...interesting perspective for sure.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Who is Cindi sheehan and who cares what she thinks?

As for get out and leave it be, once they destroy Isreal, then what? Full take over of Turkey, Greece Italy and so on? You think they will like us any more without Isreal? We are the devil to them, the Great Satin (even though we took care of them in WW II and when Sadam was going crazy). They would hate us if we stayed out before and they will still hate us after and they will still attempt to destroy us by flying planes into our buildings.

Go with plan A, Kill the terrorists, their cells and their supporters. Once complete re-educate those still standing.

as for the year problem between the christians and muslims, time and history have been accelerated so it should happen faster, I hope.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Dr. NO wrote:Who is Cindi sheehan and who cares what she thinks?

As for get out and leave it be, once they destroy Isreal, then what? Full take over of Turkey, Greece Italy and so on? You think they will like us any more without Isreal? We are the devil to them, the Great Satin (even though we took care of them in WW II and when Sadam was going crazy). They would hate us if we stayed out before and they will still hate us after and they will still attempt to destroy us by flying planes into our buildings.

Go with plan A, Kill the terrorists, their cells and their supporters. Once complete re-educate those still standing.

as for the year problem between the christians and muslims, time and history have been accelerated so it should happen faster, I hope.
That explains it! You're on a different reference frame than the rest of us. Now it all makes sense. :)

We took care of them? Much of our current problems with that part of the world stems from the fact that we support some extremely unpopular people. Remeber the Shah? Or how about the
House of Saud? Or the Kuwaiti emirs?

And it helps us not one bit that we're viewed -rightly or not - as being reflexively defensive of Israel.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:Who is Cindi sheehan and who cares what she thinks?

That explains it! You're on a different reference frame than the rest of us. Now it all makes sense. :)

We took care of them? Much of our current problems with that part of the world stems from the fact that we support some extremely unpopular people. Remeber the Shah? Or how about the
House of Saud? Or the Kuwaiti emirs?

And it helps us not one bit that we're viewed -rightly or not - as being reflexively defensive of Israel.
As in we ran the Germans out. What happened after, well, we did some medling, but I think the Brits were a bigger factor in who got what at the time.

My time reference is that with todays technology and smaller world from that technology, things happen at a faster rate. So, change tends to come about more quickly. If we are doomed to repeat History, then that will occur more quickly.

Shut up and Ski!

2pink1stink
Slalom Racer

Post by 2pink1stink »

The Jewish lobby would NEVER EVER let that happen.

They basically set the foreign policy agenda in the middle east for this country.

Jews make up less then 2% of the U.S. population. Yet since 1973 the U.S. has given Israel OVER $240 BILLION dollars in aid. 1/3 of the entire foreign aid budget goes to Israel. Talk about the tail wagging the dog.

f*** em. Let's see how long they can last without the massive amount of aid. I give em two weeks tops.
St. Jerry
Powderhound

Post by St. Jerry »

2pink1stink wrote:The Jewish lobby would NEVER EVER let that happen.

They basically set the foreign policy agenda in the middle east for this country.

Jews make up less then 2% of the U.S. population. Yet since 1973 the U.S. has given Israel OVER $240 BILLION dollars in aid. 1/3 of the entire foreign aid budget goes to Israel. Talk about the tail wagging the dog.

f*** em. Let's see how long they can last without the massive amount of aid. I give em two weeks tops.
No one appreciates your anti-semitism here, regardless of what you say is true or not.
Ron Paul 2012
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

St. Jerry wrote:
2pink1stink wrote:The Jewish lobby would NEVER EVER let that happen.

No one appreciates your anti-semitism here, regardless of what you say is true or not.
I do not see how arguing against our support of Isreal is anti-semitism. He stated what he thinks is facts and feels we should leave them to their own devises. I see no derogatory words regarding the people, their religion or their plight. This is like throwing the race card because you feel people of color or other backgrounds are getting "special" treatment.

Shut up and Ski!