the IT industry REEEEEAAAAALLLLLYYYY sucks!

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

SkiDork wrote:My boss just informed me that the CIO has signed off on my hiring papers! Now I can take some days off for skiing this winter... Yippee!!!
This is great news Dork. Benefits. Vacation Days. Holidays.

And best of all, cake!
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

congrats.

and xj, in current usage there is no difference in meaning between consultant and contractor. At one time consultant may have referred to management consultants and the like but not anymore.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

BigKahuna13 wrote:congrats.

and xj, in current usage there is no difference in meaning between consultant and contractor. At one time consultant may have referred to management consultants and the like but not anymore.
It really depends on your perspective. The definitions are different and I see them as different roles within the organization.

To each his own.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:congrats.

It really depends on your perspective. The definitions are different and I see them as different roles within the organization.

To each his own.
Fine. Just be aware the much of the rest of the industry uses the terms interchangeably. (We actually had a conversation yesterday about bringing on some developer consultants to relieve the full calendar we have for next year.)

G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

shortski wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote: Do they have decent pizza out West? Dunno, I've only see the middle of the country from 30,000'.
Hence the reason liberal Democrats call it fly over country. :D

No, we call it that in case we have to sh*t out the window.
Anybody who still supports Bush must like the smell anyway!

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/
RipeBanana
Slalom Racer

Post by RipeBanana »

I work for an employee owned niche software company, and there's no chance of outsourcing. I'm also not going to get rich working there, but at least it's secure.
Two sniffs, a snort, a fly, a turn and a grunt; and it was so simple like the jitterbug it plumb evaded me.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Being the new guy I am .... got shafted this morning and I have to move my desk for some new douche bag ... so much for seniority.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Being the new guy I am .... got shafted this morning and I have to move my desk for some new douche bag ... so much for seniority.
Don't feel bad. I rate an office, but we're so tight on space I don't even get a window cube.

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

BigKahuna13 wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Being the new guy I am .... got shafted this morning and I have to move my desk for some new douche bag ... so much for seniority.
Don't feel bad. I rate an office, but we're so tight on space I don't even get a window cube.
Well none of us have window cubes, so that doesn't bother me. I just don't get why I should move my sh*t for a new guy. I don't know, I tend to get a chip on my shoulder easily. My boss could have at least asked or give me the heads up ... sh*t I only started here in June!
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:
Well none of us have window cubes, so that doesn't bother me. I just don't get why I should move my sh*t for a new guy. I don't know, I tend to get a chip on my shoulder easily. My boss could have at least asked or give me the heads up ... sh*t I only started here in June!
Is the new guy a higher level than you? Or a peer?
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

SkiDork wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:
Well ... lower level, but he's been with the company for a few years. I still think it's BS my boss didn't give me the heads-up at best. Being the new guy sucks sometimes though, so I accept that at face value.
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
SkiDork wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:
Well ... lower level, but he's been with the company for a few years. I still think it's BS my boss didn't give me the heads-up at best. Being the new guy sucks sometimes though, so I accept that at face value.
When you said "new" I thought you meant new to the company just like you.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

SkiDork wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
SkiDork wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote: Don't feel bad. I rate an office, but we're so tight on space I don't even get a window cube.
When you said "new" I thought you meant new to the company just like you.
Well there is a slim chance it could be someone new, but how things are today, it looks like an internal hire.

Now that I'm moved, my new office is nicer than the old, but I wish my boss gave me the heads-up so I could have dressed appropriately. I had to move all the furniture, etc. Now I'm a sweaty fat disgusting pig :D