Print this out and save it.

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Dr. NO wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Hezbollah's greatest weapon is the media. As long as Israel is killing civilians (intentionally or not) most of the arab world will be against Israel.
The Media and UN rage against Isreal bombing in civilian areas, but at the same time limited coverage and condemnation of indiscriminante rocket attacks on strictly civilian areas by Hezbollah continues. So, Isreal is BAD for attacking strong holds of Hezbollah while Hezbollah should get a cease fire to restock and continue to lob Missiles into Isreal.

Wasn't the UN and Lebanon supposed to disarm Hezbollah some 6 years ago? Yep, must be Isreals fault.
Doesn't matter, not one bit. Hezbollah started it, but the fact remains, Israel has killed MANY MORE civilians than Hezbollah. Sure Hezbollah is targeting civilians, but they're unsuccessful in comparrison to Israel's 'collateral damage'. I suspect the Media/UN coverage would be very different if Hezbollah had killed more civilians then Israel.

Essentially, IMHO, the media is concerned about civilian deaths and that's their concern, the worlds concern, and it should be. Israel needs to do something to deal with Hezbollah more effectively.

Now my post makes me sound like I'm against Israel responding, I'm not.

Israel needs to flip the media coverage in their defense. I'm not sure how they would do this, but minimizing civilian deaths would be a GREAT start and they should be focusing on this now. Getting the media to cover Hezbollah from the inside and show how Hezbollah finds families to base their HDQ's would also help. Hezbollah is playing the 'innocent child' and it's working.

The UN? Nuff said, it useless, I won't even talk about it.
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Cityskier wrote:Well said, Kahuna. I personally believe SS's response belongs in fantasy land.

I don't belittle your opinion, I would appreciate if you would reciprocate. Why do you always resort to this?

Turning informant would do nothing but dramatically shorten the informant's life expectancy. I understand Shortski's theory, but I believe a dose of reality is desperately needed.

The reality is the majority of Muslims and Arabs hate Israel, nothing will change until the general population realizes this is a loosing proposition and demand their leaders acknowledge Israels right to exist.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

shortski wrote:
Cityskier wrote:Well said, Kahuna. I personally believe SS's response belongs in fantasy land.

I don't belittle your opinion, I would appreciate if you would reciprocate. Why do you always resort to this?

Turning informant would do nothing but dramatically shorten the informant's life expectancy. I understand Shortski's theory, but I believe a dose of reality is desperately needed.

The reality is the majority of Muslims and Arabs hate Israel, nothing will change until the general population realizes this is a loosing proposition and demand their leaders acknowledge Israels right to exist.
Get over yourself, dude. I didn't call you a fukcing lunatic. If I were belittling you I would call you a dumb schmuck.

I don't believe what you say is rooted in reality, so I said so. End of story. Stop whining and be a little more informed and the debate will be worthwhile.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

shortski wrote: The reality is the majority of Muslims and Arabs hate Israel, nothing will change until the general population realizes this is a loosing proposition and demand their leaders acknowledge Israels right to exist.
As with most other things some small percentage of muslims are murderous, vocal fanatics who want to wipe Israel off the map. Most - and I'd lump the most Palistinians into this group - are probably too worried about putting food on the table and making sure their kids reach adulthood to give a damn beyond wanting the slaughter to stop.

Stereotyping doesn't help the situation any.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
shortski wrote: The reality is the majority of Muslims and Arabs hate Israel, nothing will change until the general population realizes this is a loosing proposition and demand their leaders acknowledge Israels right to exist.
As with most other things some small percentage of muslims are murderous, vocal fanatics who want to wipe Israel off the map. Most - and I'd lump the most Palistinians into this group - are probably too worried about putting food on the table and making sure their kids reach adulthood to give a damn beyond wanting the slaughter to stop.

Until their leaders started talking about a 2 state solution, the majority of Palestinians living in refuge camps, most of them living there for generations since 1948, thought they'd be returning "home" to Israel after Israel was destroyed. It was only since 1977 that a 2 state solution was recognized in the Arab world and then only by Egypt. Until 1992, following Gulf War I, other Arab states wouldn't even sit down with Israel. When Arafat rejected the best deal he'd ever been offered, a 2 state solution with East Jerusalem as the capital of Palestine, he rejected it on the basis that it didn't include the "right of return" through which those in the camps would return to the land they abandoned in 1948, some taking the keys to their homes thinking they'd be right back. Remember, of course, that those refuges in 1948 were told that if they didn't leave the newly born Israel, they'd be destroyed along with the Jews.

The point is that while the majority are not murderous, vocal fanatics, the vast majority of those living in refuge camps as well as some (still) in the Palestinian leadership believe Israel should be destroyed and that is their ultimate goal. Arafat simply couldn't bring himself to acknowledge that there was no "right of return", no way to destroy Israel from the inside, and chose to return to violence rather than settle for something less than Israel's destruction. Hamas, now the majority party, cannot even bring itself to abide by deals struck to date between Fatah and Israel and still have as their goal the destruction of Israel. So does Islamic Jihad. So does Hezbollah. Until the leadership speaks directly to its people about a 2 state solution, not the other way around, there can be no final peace.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Cityskier wrote:
shortski wrote:

Get over yourself, dude. I didn't call you a fukcing lunatic. If I were belittling you I would call you a dumb schmuck.

I don't believe what you say is rooted in reality, so I said so. End of story. Stop whining and be a little more informed and the debate will be worthwhile.
Stick it up your ass, you self righteous bitch. I have always conducted discussions putting forth my beliefs in the light as I see it while accepting differing opinion as such, with out resorting to name calling, stereotyping or belittling or by generally disparaging the opposite position. You on the other hand are nothing more than a sorry ass sore loser that still clings to the opinion that the majority is wrong and your're right ...well you are right you are the sorriest piece of sh*t and excuse for a thinking human being I have ever had the displeasure of exchanging ideas. You're the little piece of crud that clings to the corner of my eye when I awake in the morning, your're the little piece of sh*t that clings to the butt hairs as I try to wipe it from my ass, your the little piece of spittle the still remains after expunging the vile taste left after any interaction with you.

So how do you like it. See how this moves the debate along.
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

shortski wrote:
Cityskier wrote:
shortski wrote:

Stick it up your ass, you self righteous bitch. I have always conducted discussions putting forth my beliefs in the light as I see it while accepting differing opinion as such, with out resorting to name calling, stereotyping or belittling or by generally disparaging the opposite position. You on the other hand are nothing more than a sorry ass sore loser that still clings to the opinion that the majority is wrong and your're right ...well you are right you are the sorriest piece of sh*t and excuse for a thinking human being I have ever had the displeasure of exchanging ideas. You're the little piece of crud that clings to the corner of my eye when I awake in the morning, your're the little piece of sh*t that clings to the butt hairs as I try to wipe it from my ass, your the little piece of spittle the still remains after expunging the vile taste left after any interaction with you.

So how do you like it. See how this moves the debate along.
I think it's absolutely fantastic! Your predictibility is tremendous. I mean it really is. It took so few words on my part to draw that out of you. It's really freakin' funny. I expected some venom but that's just over the top. Kudos dude...you've reached the peak of low.

Glad I could help.
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Cityskier wrote:I think it's absolutely fantastic! Your predictibility is tremendous. I mean it really is. It took so few words on my part to draw that out of you. It's really freakin' funny. I expected some venom but that's just over the top. Kudos dude...you've reached the peak of low.

Glad I could help.
Just as in your new advatar, the dawn never quite comes over Marblehead. You'll never get it.
Cogito, ergo sum

ImageImage
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Bubba wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:

Until their leaders started talking about a 2 state solution, the majority of Palestinians living in refuge camps, most of them living there for generations since 1948, thought they'd be returning "home" to Israel after Israel was destroyed. It was only since 1977 that a 2 state solution was recognized in the Arab world and then only by Egypt. Until 1992, following Gulf War I, other Arab states wouldn't even sit down with Israel. When Arafat rejected the best deal he'd ever been offered, a 2 state solution with East Jerusalem as the capital of Palestine, he rejected it on the basis that it didn't include the "right of return" through which those in the camps would return to the land they abandoned in 1948, some taking the keys to their homes thinking they'd be right back. Remember, of course, that those refuges in 1948 were told that if they didn't leave the newly born Israel, they'd be destroyed along with the Jews.

The point is that while the majority are not murderous, vocal fanatics, the vast majority of those living in refuge camps as well as some (still) in the Palestinian leadership believe Israel should be destroyed and that is their ultimate goal. Arafat simply couldn't bring himself to acknowledge that there was no "right of return", no way to destroy Israel from the inside, and chose to return to violence rather than settle for something less than Israel's destruction. Hamas, now the majority party, cannot even bring itself to abide by deals struck to date between Fatah and Israel and still have as their goal the destruction of Israel. So does Islamic Jihad. So does Hezbollah. Until the leadership speaks directly to its people about a 2 state solution, not the other way around, there can be no final peace.
Ultimately I think the Palestinians are going to come to regret electing Hamas, but given the Hobson's Choice of Hamas or the endlessly corrupt and inept Fatah.....
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

shortski wrote:
Cityskier wrote:I think it's absolutely fantastic! Your predictibility is tremendous. I mean it really is. It took so few words on my part to draw that out of you. It's really freakin' funny. I expected some venom but that's just over the top. Kudos dude...you've reached the peak of low.

Glad I could help.
Just as in your new advatar, the dawn never quite comes over Marblehead. You'll never get it.
:lol:

get a grip dude...i'm sorry you can't deal. go take a ride in your vette or something.
BrockVond
Powderhound

Post by BrockVond »

shortski wrote:
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

If the Muslims all put down their guns, there would be peace.

If the Israelis all put down their guns, they would cease to exist.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Vinny Vincenzo wrote:If the Muslims all put down their guns, there would be peace.

As shortski so profoundly stated in his previous sig

"sometimes it is just that simple"
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Vinny Vincenzo wrote:If the Muslims all put down their guns, there would be peace.

Good way of putting it