Muslims press U.N. for truce in Lebanon

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
ABushismaDay
Blue Chatterbox

Muslims press U.N. for truce in Lebanon

Post by ABushismaDay »

This business is most definately getting out of hand. Note the highlighted quote, BigKahuna's words are ringing true:

" Israel's actions have turned moderate muslim popular opinion completely against them,...."

PUTRAJAYA, Malaysia - The Islamic world's largest organization of countries demanded on Thursday that the U.N. implement an immediate cease-fire in Lebanon and investigate what it called flagrant human rights violations by Israel.

Leaders of key countries in the 56-nation Organization of the Islamic Conference, including Iran, Indonesia, Pakistan and Turkey, voiced strong support for the Lebanese people "in their legitimate and courageous resistance against the Israeli aggression."

"We demand that the United Nations Security Council fulfill its responsibility ... by deciding on and enforcing an immediate and comprehensive cease-fire," the OIC said at an emergency summit.

The U.N. Human Rights Council should launch "a full investigation into these criminal acts perpetrated by Israel," which include the killing of civilians and destruction of homes in Lebanon, the declaration added.

"We hold Israel responsible for the loss of lives and suffering ... and demand that Israel compensate (Lebanon) and its people for the losses sustained resulting from Israeli aggression," the leaders said.

Malaysia, which chairs the OIC, rallied presidents, prime ministers and policy-makers of 17 Muslim-majority nations for one-day talks to articulate their opposition to Israel's attacks in Lebanese and Palestinian territories.

"This war must stop, or it will radicalize the Muslim world, even those of us who are moderate today," said Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, who leads the world's most populous Muslim country. " From there, it will be just one step away to that ultimate nightmare: a clash of civilizations."

Lebanese Prime Minister Fuad Saniora said in a video statement to the conference that more than 900 Lebanese had been killed and 3,000 injured in more than three weeks of Israel-Hezbollah fighting. He said 1 million Lebanese had been displaced.

Malaysian Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi called for a U.N.-backed force to stabilize the Israeli-Lebanon border. Muslims "must show preparedness to contribute forces for peacekeeping operations under the United Nations banner," Abdullah told the conference.

Pakistan's Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz said hostilities must be halted "before the spiraling violence engulfs the entire region and kills the hope for a durable and just peace in the Middle East."

Lebanon's Foreign Minister Fawzi Salloukh said his country's "sole request is a comprehensive cease-fire."

"After that, there will be a large margin to tackle issues between Israel and Lebanon," Salloukh said.

Israel and Hezbollah guerrillas controlling southern Lebanon have been locked in fierce fighting for three weeks, resulting in hundreds of Lebanese civilian casualties.

___

Associated Press correspondents En-Lai Yeoh and Eileen Ng contributed to this report.
This bussiness will get out of Hand!
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Of course they will blame Isreal for everything and expect Isreal to pull back and stop shooting. But maybe they should look within and say the Hezbollah guerrillas should cease aggressions against Isreal and disarm as they were supposed to in 2000. But the optimal word here is guerrillas so the nations have no control over them and they will not stop their aggressions.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Dr. NO wrote:Of course they will blame Isreal for everything and expect Isreal to pull back and stop shooting. But maybe they should look within and say the Hezbollah guerrillas should cease aggressions against Isreal and disarm as they were supposed to in 2000. But the optimal word here is guerrillas so the nations have no control over them and they will not stop their aggressions.
There are no flagrant human rights violations, IMHO. Civilians were never targeted. Unfortunately, civilians have been harnessed by the Hezbollah to make Isreal look like criminals and it worked.

Israel held a self declared cease-fire of airstrikes for a 24/48 hour period, only to have to resort to airstrikes because Hezbollah was using the oppurtunity to fire more rockets.

The one sided nature of the Muslim community is equally as sickening to the likes of Limbaugh and Coulter. There is already a class of civilizations its the West vs the Mid East. A fight that was sparked for a plethora of reasons of decades and decades.

Hezbollah was on the news asking for a cease-fire ... I think Hezbollah is on its way out, otherwise they'd be fighting to the death like they said during the initial start of the war.

A cease-fire will do nothing, but make things worse. Israel's proposal is both realistic and feasabile and could actually lead to a safe corridor in this part of the region.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:Of course they will blame Isreal for everything and expect Isreal to pull back and stop shooting. But maybe they should look within and say the Hezbollah guerrillas should cease aggressions against Isreal and disarm as they were supposed to in 2000. But the optimal word here is guerrillas so the nations have no control over them and they will not stop their aggressions.
There are no flagrant human rights violations, IMHO. Civilians were never targeted. Unfortunately, civilians have been harnessed by the Hezbollah to make Isreal look like criminals and it worked.

Israel held a self declared cease-fire of airstrikes for a 24/48 hour period, only to have to resort to airstrikes because Hezbollah was using the oppurtunity to fire more rockets.

The one sided nature of the Muslim community is equally as sickening to the likes of Limbaugh and Coulter. There is already a class of civilizations its the West vs the Mid East. A fight that was sparked for a plethora of reasons of decades and decades.

Hezbollah was on the news asking for a cease-fire ... I think Hezbollah is on its way out, otherwise they'd be fighting to the death like they said during the initial start of the war.

A cease-fire will do nothing, but make things worse. Israel's proposal is both realistic and feasabile and could actually lead to a safe corridor in this part of the region.
Not by Isreal, but by Hezbollah as they continue to hide in the civilian areas drawing Isreali fire and causing civilian deaths.

Shut up and Ski!

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Dr. NO wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:There are no flagrant human rights violations,
Not by Isreal, but by Hezbollah as they continue to hide in the civilian areas drawing Isreali fire and causing civilian deaths.
Doesn't matter. Radical (now Moderate too, as it appears) Muslims want their cake and eat it too.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Dr. NO wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

You and XJ get into a fight. You pull a gun. XJ runs into my house. You shoot at him and hit my wife. I'm blaming you.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Bit of a difference between a murder and a war. True, Isreal is dropping the bombs, but should they stop, do you think the terrorists will stop also? No! So, you go back to dropping bombs, but now they are entrenched in your house with your family and the bombs are falling on you. Maybe you should have made an effort to rid yourself of them prior to the bombs dropping.

Shut up and Ski!

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

BigKahuna13 wrote: You and XJ get into a fight. You pull a gun. XJ runs into my house. You shoot at him and hit my wife. I'm blaming you.
You and DR get into a fight. You pull a gun. DR runs into my house. You shoot at him and hit my wife. I'm blaming you both.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Dr. NO wrote:Bit of a difference between a murder and a war. True, Isreal is dropping the bombs, but should they stop, do you think the terrorists will stop also? No! So, you go back to dropping bombs, but now they are entrenched in your house with your family and the bombs are falling on you. Maybe you should have made an effort to rid yourself of them prior to the bombs dropping.
Unrealistic at best. They have guns. The civilians don't.

But this is all crap anyway. Whether the arab civilian populace is right or wrong in blaming Israel is immaterial. They do, and anyone with half a brain should have been able to foresee that.

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:Bit of a difference between a murder and a war. True, Isreal is dropping the bombs, but should they stop, do you think the terrorists will stop also? No! So, you go back to dropping bombs, but now they are entrenched in your house with your family and the bombs are falling on you. Maybe you should have made an effort to rid yourself of them prior to the bombs dropping.
Unrealistic at best. They have guns. The civilians don't.

But this is all crap anyway. Whether the arab civilian populace is right or wrong in blaming Israel is immaterial. They do, and anyone with half a brain should have been able to foresee that.
As for the guns, the newly formed government was "supposed" to remove that threat.

Seems Hezbollah failed to realize Isreal did not care about oppinions, only about their security. They even stated the did not expect such a harsh response. The rest of the world and mostly the muslim world, seems to care quite a bit about Isreal once again spanking those that attack her.

Shut up and Ski!

BrockVond
Powderhound

Post by BrockVond »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
You and XJ get into a fight. You pull a gun. XJ runs into my house. You shoot at him and hit my wife. I'm blaming you.

Your wife has been in bed with Dr. No for years, sorry to say, and continuously prayed for XJ's death and took actions/inactions that furthered events towards that end. I say the bitch deserved to die.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

BrockVond wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:
Your wife has been in bed with Dr. No for years, sorry to say, and continuously prayed for XJ's death and took actions/inactions that furthered events towards that end. I say the bitch deserved to die.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

BrockVond wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:

Maybe so, but Dr No also whacked my 14 kids. Did they deserve to die too?

yeti
Powderhound

Post by yeti »

Maybe those civilians will think twice before celebrating everytime a suicide bomber walks into a bus.
Thanks for the mammaries! (.)(.)
BrockVond
Powderhound

Post by BrockVond »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
BrockVond wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:

Maybe so, but Dr No also whacked my 14 kids. Did they deserve to die too?
ugh. I think I muddled up this analogy. Sorry about that. Probably beyond repair now. But to answer your question: no, they did not deserve to die. Hezbollah pulled the gun, and they are responsible for the deaths of the children.