Senate in Connecticut

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Steve
Wanted Poster

Senate in Connecticut

Post by Steve »

Liberman lost yesterday's democratic primary..
He's vowing to run as an independent - which dem leaders fear will split the democratic vote.

looks like CT might have a republican senator next year.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

He'll pull out. I don't think he has much choice, especially if he dreams of ever running for office as a democrat again.

I'm interested in what this may or may not say about the future of senators from both parties who supported Bush's Iraq policies.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

BigKahuna13 wrote:He'll pull out. I don't think he has much choice, especially if he dreams of ever running for office as a democrat again.

I'm interested in what this may or may not say about the future of senators from both parties who supported Bush's Iraq policies.
I don't think so. He's been leading in statewide polls in a 3 person race and the Republican candidate has been in trouble with gambling issues and debt related problems so most Republicans will vote for Joe. Dems know that if he wins he'll caucus with the Dems anyway so they won't fight him too hard, especially if he wins. This won't be like Jim Jeffords where Republicans wouldn't even speak with him after he switched to Independent.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Bubba wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:He'll pull out. I don't think he has much choice, especially if he dreams of ever running for office as a democrat again.

I don't think so. He's been leading in statewide polls in a 3 person race and the Republican candidate has been in trouble with gambling issues and debt related problems so most Republicans will vote for Joe. Dems know that if he wins he'll caucus with the Dems anyway so they won't fight him too hard, especially if he wins. This won't be like Jim Jeffords where Republicans wouldn't even speak with him after he switched to Independent.
A ski waxing says he drops out :)
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

2pink1stink
Slalom Racer

Post by 2pink1stink »

Lamont will never win with Jesse Jackson and "Rev." Al Sharpton supporting him. Those two assclowns are the kiss of death. Especially in a lilly white state like Connecticut.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Jesse "dun go da bushes" Jackson and Al "she was raped" sharpton should just stay the F out of CT. They have nothing in common with anyone in this state.

Unless someone really gets to Joe, he will run, and now with the MI-5 deal in GB, He may win and LaMont will be a has been. I think many voters may now have 2nd thoughts over how Joe feels about the war and Isreal vs. Terrorism.

Then again, they voted on the LaMont cry of end the war and don't support Bush. LaMont will continue that cry, and Joe will continue to say he supports our efforts in the Middle East, but he voted WITH his party 90% of the time. The Replublican will use that part against Joe since we are now considered one of the top taxed states in the country with an out of control state budget. We also have a Democrat running for Governor wanting to give away health care. Hmm, but nobody has asked how he can pay for it since we are struggling to pay for what we already have.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
2pink1stink
Slalom Racer

Post by 2pink1stink »

Dr. NO wrote:Jesse "dun go da bushes" Jackson and Al "she was raped" sharpton should just stay the F out of CT. They have nothing in common with anyone in this state.
Of course they don't. They're black.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

2pink1stink wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:Jesse "dun go da bushes" Jackson and Al "she was raped" sharpton should just stay the F out of CT. They have nothing in common with anyone in this state.
Of course they don't. They're black.
Yes they are, and the SUCCESSFUL blacks in this state have absolutely no use for them or their Bigotry.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?