UN ... worthless?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Cityskier wrote:You can argue semantics all day long, but that won't solve anything. I was just looking for a quick example of certain representations that were made. It was all a bunch of sh*t. That doesn't mean we walk away like some are suggesting, but at a minimum we should hold those who caused this mess accountable for their actions.

It has turned into a very costly series of missteps. Whether you measure by dollars, lives lost, or credibility lost, this country has paid a huge price.
I vote for reassembling congress from scratch ... obniously they all (for the most part) don't represent what we, the american people want. They are too corrupt and too many corporations, lobbying groups, etc have their hands in the pockets of each congressman.

No doubt it has. I always wonder what would happen if we generally kept our head out of the Middle East. What would happen if we never helped Kuwait, Syria, or even Afghanistan against the Russians. What if we just let them 'do their thing'. If oil was absent that's probably what we'd do. Don't see GWB lashing out at all the killing in Africa by ruthless regimes.
Talisman
Black Carver

Post by Talisman »

Can we at least the whole weapons of mass distruction issue was an over promise and under deliver by Bush?