Prepare to Deploy

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Will you have Internet access over there?
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

yeti
Powderhound

Post by yeti »

I think so (90% certain). I plan on recording hundreds of hours of TV (commercials and all) onto DVD and taking it with me.

Not much to do at Balad other than pump iron, and watch the tube. They have these giant white rats that some guys delight in picking off with pellet guns.

I am told that watching the Phalanx cannons blast incoming mortar rounds out of the sky is quite entertaining. They bet on how many seconds it takes the counter battery fire mission to engage. A typical scene (word of mouth I have obviously never seen this): a klaxon goes off simultaneously accompanied by the sound of a giant zipper from Hell - the CIWS firing. There is an explosion in the air when the incoming shell is vaporized. The radar that tracked the shell extapolates back to the launch point of the mortar round, sends that data to the artillery - which then conducts a FM against the enemy tube say about 20 seconds later. After a few tons of ordinance is dropped on those bastards, a squad of Rangers in Humvee's armed to the teeth go out to kick around any body parts that may be laying about.
Thanks for the mammaries! (.)(.)
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

yeti wrote:I think so (90% certain). I plan on recording hundreds of hours of TV (commercials and all) onto DVD and taking it with me.

Not much to do at Balad other than pump iron, and watch the tube. They have these giant white rats that some guys delight in picking off with pellet guns.

I am told that watching the Phalanx cannons blast incoming mortar rounds out of the sky is quite entertaining. They bet on how many seconds it takes the counter battery fire mission to engage. A typical scene (word of mouth I have obviously never seen this): a klaxon goes off simultaneously accompanied by the sound of a giant zipper from Hell - the CIWS firing. There is an explosion in the air when the incoming shell is vaporized. The radar that tracked the shell extapolates back to the launch point of the mortar round, sends that data to the artillery - which then conducts a FM against the enemy tube say about 20 seconds later. After a few tons of ordinance is dropped on those bastards, a squad of Rangers in Humvee's armed to the teeth go out to kick around any body parts that may be laying about.
Cool...giving away secrets now... :wink: Good luck over there.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dr Z
Powderhound

Post by Dr Z »

Be safe man and keep your head down. It would probably be better if it was one of those "weels in the well" tours.

I am - entertainment for the lift line!