Democrats warn Chavez: Don't bash Bush

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Democrats warn Chavez: Don't bash Bush

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Lets face it, you just don't see Nancy defending the President everyday. Wow

I think Ray Nagin and Chavez should share a home ... they're equally immature.
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Two of President Bush's staunchest domestic critics leapt to his defense Thursday, a day after one of his fiercest foreign foes called him "the devil" in a scorching speech before the United Nations.

"You don't come into my country; you don't come into my congressional district and you don't condemn my president," Rep. Charles Rangel, D-New York, scolded Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-California, was blunt in her criticism of the Venezuelan leader. "He is an everyday thug," she said. (Watch Rangel rip Chavez -- 1:28 )

During his speech before the U.N. General Assembly on Wednesday, Chavez launched into a caustic verbal attack of Bush that shocked diplomats and observers accustomed to the staid verbiage of international diplomacy. (Full story)

"The devil came here yesterday," Chavez said, referring to Bush, who addressed the world body during its annual meeting Tuesday. "And it smells of sulfur still today."

Chavez accused Bush of having spoken "as if he owned the world" when the U.S. president addressed the world body on Tuesday. (Watch how Chavez's belligerence may backfire -- 3:11)

"As the spokesman of imperialism, he came to share his nostrums to try to preserve the current pattern of domination, exploitation and pillage of the peoples of the world. An Alfred Hitchcock movie could use it as a scenario. I would even propose a title: 'The Devil's Recipe.' "

Bush's domestic foes fumed Thursday.

"If there's any criticism of President Bush, it should be restricted to Americans, whether they voted for him or not," Rangel said at a Washington news conference.

"I just want to make it abundantly clear to Hugo Chavez or any other president: Don't come to the United States and think, because we have problems with our president, that any foreigner can come to our country and not think that Americans do not feel offended when you offend our chief of state," Rangel said.

"Hugo Chavez abused the privilege that he had speaking at the United Nations," Pelosi said. "In doing so, in the manner which he characterized the president, he demeaned himself and demeaned Venezuela."

Bush administration officials dismissed the Chavez tirade.

"We're not going to address that sort of comic-strip approach to international affairs," John Bolton, the U.S. ambassador to the U.N., said shortly after Chavez spoke Wednesday.

Chavez's tirades against Bush have become common. In May, he accused Bush of committing genocide and said the U.S. president should be imprisoned by an international criminal court.

Chavez also alleged during the U.N. speech that the United States is planning, financing and setting in motion a coup to overthrow him. The U.S. has denied such accusations in the past.

As he was exiting the U.N. building in New York, Chavez told reporters that Bush is not a legitimate president because he "stole the elections."

"He is, therefore, a dictator," Chavez said.(Watch Chavez's bellicose comments -- :57)

During a stop in Harlem on Thursday, Chavez said he has no quarrel with the American people.

"We are friends of yours, and you are our friends," he said.

Underscoring his point, he announced he is expanding his heating-oil program to help impoverished Americans from 40 million gallons last year to 100 million gallons this year, and from 180,000 families to 459,000 families.

But in the heart of Rangel's congressional district, he blasted away at Bush for a second day.

"He walks like this cowboy John Wayne," said Chavez. "He doesn't have the slightest idea of politics. He got where he is because he is the son of his father. He was an alcoholic, an ex-alcoholic. He's a sick man, full of complexes, but very dangerous now because he has a lot of power."

Chavez, clad in a fire-engine-red shirt, called Bush a "menace" and a "threat against life on the planet."

In the United States, rich people are getting richer, and poor people are getting poorer, he said. "That's not a democracy; that's a tyranny."

Democrats have also been strident in their criticism of Bush, especially on the Iraq war.

"The war in Iraq has made our effort to defeat terrorism and terrorists more difficult," Pelosi said in a written statement released a day after Bush addressed the nation on the fifth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. "Last night's speech demonstrated that the president will go to any lengths to distract attention from his failures in Iraq, which have diverted focus from the war on terrorism."
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

Fukc Rangel and Pelosi. Bush is the devil. The reason we're fukkced is that they all belong to the same club and we have no viable options to improve the situation.

I'm afraid the joke is on us.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Cityskier wrote:...The reason we're fukkced is that they all belong to the same club and we have no viable options to improve the situation.

You finally figured this out? The electorate gets what it deserves.

Vote for gridlock!
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

I thought Chavez was great! He got a rounding applause. The UN is neutral territory. I especially like the part when he said, "yesterday the devil came here, and it still smells of sulphur today, this table that I am now standing in front of."

He made perfect sense to me:

Late Wednesday at an event at Cooper's Union college in Manhattan, Chavez urged Americans to "wake up" and fight to change "for the good of humanity."

He also urged the crowd to "recover the heroic essence of the founders of this nation . . . who did not give their lives for an Empire to be born here."

Chavez emphasized that there was a clear difference between the US government and the American people. "One thing is imperialism and another thing is the people, the American society," he said.

Bush IS the devil.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

Vinny Vincenzo wrote:I thought Chavez was great! He got a rounding applause. The UN is neutral territory. I especially like the part when he said, "yesterday the devil came here, and it still smells of sulphur today, this table that I am now standing in front of."

Late Wednesday at an event at Cooper's Union college in Manhattan, Chavez urged Americans to "wake up" and fight to change "for the good of humanity."

He also urged the crowd to "recover the heroic essence of the founders of this nation . . . who did not give their lives for an Empire to be born here."

Chavez emphasized that there was a clear difference between the US government and the American people. "One thing is imperialism and another thing is the people, the American society," he said.

Bush IS the devil.
Venezuela is a corrupt 3rd world hell-hole. Chavez should focus his attention there.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Geoff wrote:
Vinny Vincenzo wrote:I thought Chavez was great! He got a rounding applause. The UN is neutral territory. I especially like the part when he said, "yesterday the devil came here, and it still smells of sulphur today, this table that I am now standing in front of."

Bush IS the devil.
Venezuela is a corrupt 3rd world hell-hole. Chavez should focus his attention there.
... was thinking the same thing.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Geoff wrote:

Bush IS the devil.
That's exactly who Chavez' speech was aimed at. Positioning himself as David taking on Goliath scores him lots of points not only with Venezuelians, but with a large number of South Americans.

Interesting that Pelosi and Rangel don't complain when we name call other world leaders. They're both making dopey arguments, but they too are pandering to the home crowd.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Bush IS the devil.
So, making speaches against our president and government at a college and in Harlem is not within our country? And to state that he is a Devil and have the other ass say he is a tyrant and dictator is somewhat of a stretch, proving they have no knowledge of how our country works. Bush will be gone in 2 years and 4 months, whether things get better or worse.

We could always have another Jimmy or Bubba in the White House. That way the world would appreciate us so much more, like taking a navel vessel or an embassy, or maybe finally sinking one of our navel vessels. And we could retaliate by crashing helicopters and C130's in the dessert or launching Cruise Missiles into non productive Milk plants. Exactly when was Bubba supposed to get us out of Bosnia? Oh, troops are deploying there still today.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Dr. NO wrote:

Bush IS the devil.
So, making speaches against our president and government at a college and in Harlem is not within our country? And to state that he is a Devil and have the other ass say he is a tyrant and dictator is somewhat of a stretch, proving they have no knowledge of how our country works. Bush will be gone in 2 years and 4 months, whether things get better or worse.

We could always have another Jimmy or Bubba in the White House. That way the world would appreciate us so much more, like taking a navel vessel or an embassy, or maybe finally sinking one of our navel vessels. And we could retaliate by crashing helicopters and C130's in the dessert or launching Cruise Missiles into non productive Milk plants. Exactly when was Bubba supposed to get us out of Bosnia? Oh, troops are deploying there still today.
Should I take this rant about Bubba personally?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Dr. NO wrote: proving they have no knowledge of how our country works. Bush will be gone in 2 years and 4 months, whether things get better or worse.
I don't think this is really an appropriate place to point this out, but I don't want to start a new thread for it so I'll hijack my own thread.

Speaking of having 'no knowledge of how our country works' ... wouldn't you know in center city philadelphia I overheard five people, two women, three men discussing crime/guns/drugs/poverty in philadelphia. You know what they said the problem is?

This same group of people said Philadelphia wouldn't have so much crime if it wasn't for the federal government placing drugs and guns into the black community. I kid you not.

So I guess Chavez isn't the only one whom is clueless
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Dr. NO wrote: proving they have no knowledge of how our country works. Bush will be gone in 2 years and 4 months, whether things get better or worse.
I don't think this is really an appropriate place to point this out, but I don't want to start a new thread for it so I'll hijack my own thread.

Speaking of having 'no knowledge of how our country works' ... wouldn't you know in center city philadelphia I overheard five people, two women, three men discussing crime/guns/drugs/poverty in philadelphia. You know what they said the problem is?

This same group of people said Philadelphia wouldn't have so much crime if it wasn't for the federal government placing drugs and guns into the black community. I kid you not.

You didn't know that? haven't you been listening to Jesse? He know it aw da time and tew da peoples dat da goberment be da uns dumpin da dope an gun on da blat man! I thought every one knowed dat.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Dr. NO wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

You didn't know that? haven't you been listening to Jesse? He know it aw da time and tew da peoples dat da goberment be da uns dumpin da dope an gun on da blat man! I thought every one knowed dat.
I know Jesse and Al have been saying that, but I always found it hard to beleive anyone actually beleived that nonsense, until now.
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

I don't beleive in the devil but every time I see Bush on TV I smell sh*t coming out of the speakers. I hope it's not one of my cats!

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

Bubba wrote:
Cityskier wrote:...The reason we're fukkced is that they all belong to the same club and we have no viable options to improve the situation.

Vote for gridlock!
Don't mistake my anti-Bush sentiment with the belief that I think the Democrats are our saviors.

The last 6 years have been a disaster. Let's just say I'm hoping for something less bad.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

Cityskier wrote:
Bubba wrote:

Vote for gridlock!
Don't mistake my anti-Bush sentiment with the belief that I think the Democrats are our saviors.

The last 6 years have been a disaster. Let's just say I'm hoping for something less bad.
Sadly, both parties are constructed to nominate candidates from the lunatic fringe. The Republicans will put up the WASP equivalent of an Islamic Jihadist. The Democrats will put up a closet Marxist. It's pretty slim pickings if you happen to be a fiscal conservative/social liberal.