Another freakin' hypocrite bites the dust.....

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

[url=http://www.invisibleengine.com/shorts/foley.html[Foley's Conversation Video[/url]
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

powbmps
Bumper

Post by powbmps »

What's with the tribal drum beating?
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Anyone know what the age of consent is in DC? I kinda remember reading that it's 16. Given that it may not be all that clear whether Foley actually broke a law. Doesn't make him any less a mutt.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

BigKahuna13 wrote:Anyone know what the age of consent is in DC? I kinda remember reading that it's 16. Given that it may not be all that clear whether Foley actually broke a law. Doesn't make him any less a mutt.
CHAPTER 41 SEXUAL ABUSE § 22-4101. Definitions.

§ 22-4108. First degree child sexual abuse.
Whoever, being at least 4 years older than a child, engages in a sexual act with that child or causes that child to engage in a sexual act shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life and, in addition, may be fined an amount not to exceed $250,000. (May 23, 1995, D.C. Law 10-257, § 207, 42 DCR 53.)

§ 22-4109. Second degree child sexual abuse.
Whoever, being at least 4 years older than a child, engages in sexual contact with that child or causes that child to engage in sexual contact shall be imprisoned for not more than 10 years and, in addition, may be fined in an amount not to exceed
$100,000. (May 23, 1995, D.C. Law 10-257, § 208, 42 DCR 53.)

Q: If you are 20 or older and have sex with a 16 year old you are entitled to prison.

A: That is incorrect, because the code defines a child as "anyone who has not attained the age of 16 years." (It doesn't matter how much older you are, so long as the other person is at least 16). Same if you are 18 and you have sex with a 14yo This is correct. Again by definition, if you have sex with a child that is 14, and if you are 18 or older, you will go to jail. The DC government will prosecute § 22-4108. First degree child sexual abuse and §22-4110. Enticing a child.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

BigKahuna13 wrote:Anyone know what the age of consent is in DC? I kinda remember reading that it's 16. Given that it may not be all that clear whether Foley actually broke a law. Doesn't make him any less a mutt.
Radio reported age of consent in DC is 16. Age of consent of Federal Lands is 16 also.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

"I did not have [phone] sex with that page..."
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
BrockVond
Powderhound

Post by BrockVond »

State law has never been a factor in this case. Most states have the age of consent at 16. Foley is being pursued under federal statutes, some of them newly passed by the Republican administration and congress, that put the age of consent at 18 and increase the penalties for predatory behaviour on the internet, the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006 , being the most notable example.

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

BrockVond wrote:
State law has never been a factor in this case. Most states have the age of consent at 16. Foley is being pursued under federal statutes, some of them newly passed by the Republican administration and congress, that put the age of consent at 18 and increase the penalties for predatory behaviour on the internet, the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006 , being the most notable example.
Ain't that a bitch. This guy is beyond stupid.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

BrockVond wrote:

Thanks. Ain't that a sweet little bit of irony.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

Hee hee hee... let's watch as the GOP takes a page or two from the Democrat playbook and implodes over this scandal:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- House Speaker Dennis Hastert's office was notified of concerns about then-Rep. Mark Foley before 2005, casting doubt on top GOP leaders' statements that they heard nothing of Foley's inappropriate behavior before then, a former aide to Foley says.

Hastert's office has denied the claim.

Kirk Fordham made his remarks after resigning Wednesday amid allegations that he tried to protect Foley from congressional inquiries into his inappropriate contact with congressional pages.

Fordham elaborated in an interview with ABC News and said he told Hastert's chief of staff, Scott Palmer, that Foley was too friendly with the pages, and that Palmer talked to Foley.

Hastert's spokesman Ron Bonjean told ABC News, "That [warning] never happened."

Added Palmer, "What Kirk Fordham said did not happen."

In a statement to CNN, Bonjean said only that "this matter has been referred to the Standards Committee and we fully expect that the bipartisan panel will do what it needs to do to investigate this matter and protect the integrity of the House." (Full story)

A GOP leadership aide, however, questioned why Fordham told AP on Wednesday morning that he "had no inkling that this kind of blatantly reckless -- just obscene -- behavior was going on behind our backs," but later said he had warned Hastert about it.

"It's contradictory from what he said just this morning. He's changed his story," the aide said.

Fordham was the top aide to Rep. Tom Reynolds, R-New York, and once held the same job for Foley. In his resignation statement, Fordham vigorously denied taking any inappropriate action on Foley's behalf.

"When I sought to help Congressman Foley and his family when his shocking secrets were being revealed, I did so as a friend of my former boss, not as Congressman Reynolds' chief of staff," Fordham said. "I reached out to the Foley family, as any good friend would, because I was worried about their emotional well-being. At the same time, I want it to be perfectly clear that I never attempted to prevent any inquiries or investigation of Foley's conduct by House officials or any other authorities."

Reynolds is the chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee, which is working to keep the GOP in control of the House in November's elections. The scandal has not only rocked the Republican leadership but it has become an issue in Reynolds' upstate New York district just weeks before the vote. (Watch how the scandal is threatening Speaker Hastert's leadership -- 2:07)

"It is clear the Democrats are intent on making me a political issue in my boss's race, and I will not let them do so," Fordham wrote in his resignation letter.

Reynolds would not say Wednesday whether he asked Fordham to quit. However, Reynolds said he thought it was "inappropriate" for his chief of staff to negotiate with a news outlet over its coverage. And he said Fordham believed he was becoming a "distraction." (Watch how the scandal is having a ripple effect among Republicans -- 2:02)

Foley, a six-term Florida Republican, resigned Friday after his e-mails to a teenage boy who had served as a congressional page became public -- and as ABC News was about to air more explicit records of instant messages the congressman exchanged with other pages.

ABC reported that Fordham offered the network an exclusive on Foley's resignation if it agreed not to air transcripts of the most explicit messages. Wednesday, citing unnamed GOP sources, it said Fordham had interceded with Republican leaders to keep concerns raised by the family of a Louisiana teen from the full three-member board that oversees the page program.

The network also reported that Fordham's associates consider him a scapegoat for Hastert, R-Illinois, who has been sharply criticized for his handling of the issue. But Bonjean, a spokesman for the speaker, said Hastert had no advance knowledge of Fordham's resignation, nor did he demand it.
BrockVond
Powderhound

Post by BrockVond »

JerseyGuy wrote: ABC reported that Fordham offered the network an exclusive on Foley's resignation if it agreed not to air transcripts of the most explicit messages.
Funny stuff.

NYTimes is reporting that the FBI will be questioning Fordham today. Sounds like he'll cut a deal faster than you can say" obstructing justice".
ABushismaDay
Blue Chatterbox

The latest spin on Foley is it's the Page's fault.

Post by ABushismaDay »

Limbaugh Blames Pages For Foley’s Misconduct
Today on his radio program, Rush Limbaugh blamed Congressional pages for Mark Foley’s misconduct. He said that the communications reported by ABC were example of “young kids” who like to “make fun of gay people.” Rush’s evidence? As a child, he used to order refrigerators over the phone for adults he thought were “odd or weird” as a prank. Here’s an excerpt:

Back in these days you could call Sears and order a refrigerator on the phone. I had a teacher living up the street and it was the biggest thrill in the world to just call and order a refrigerator and watch Sears deliver it to an unsuspecting teacher and his wife, and far stranger things than that. But we always picked out adults that we just thought were odd or weird, and it would be fun to make fun of them, and I don’t think kids today are any different…

But you know as well as I do that young kids make fun of gay people. They make fun of the way they talk; they make fun of the way some of them walk and so forth. Who knows what the word around town about fellow Foley was. Who knows? We all know that young people gay bash. Young people do a lot of stuff. They don’t have the maturity to understand this kind of stuff…

I tell you, folks, you’ve got this page out there; you probably have a bunch of pages laughing and making fun of Foley and the way he comes on to them, and he’s gay and so forth, so they egg him on and so forth….
This bussiness will get out of Hand!
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Although I don't agree ... that's a reasonable assumption. You never played along with a joke to get a laugh?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Although I don't agree ... that's a reasonable assumption. You never played along with a joke to get a laugh?
You are kidding, right?.........right?.............right?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe