north korea detonates a nuke

Post by Steve »

this is actually interesting..

what do we do?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: north korea detonates a nuke

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Steve wrote:this is actually interesting..

what do we do?
To start with, the UN will impose immediate sanctions and not enforce them.
BrockVond
Powderhound

Re: north korea detonates a nuke

Post by BrockVond »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Steve wrote:this is actually interesting..

what do we do?
To start with, the UN will impose immediate sanctions and not enforce them.
No, first we need Hans Brix to write an angry letter, telling Kim how angry we are. Then come the sanctions that aren't enforced.
HelmetCam
Postaholic

Post by HelmetCam »

So does the IAEA's Mohamed ElBaradei have to give up his 2005 Nobel Peace prize now?

"for their efforts to prevent nuclear energy from being used for military purposes and to ensure that nuclear energy for peaceful purposes is used in the safest possible way"

Something tells me no.....
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

We should invade immediately and kick that little motherf**ker's ass.
Oh, wait. We don't have anyone left to invade with. Nevermind.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

BigKahuna13 wrote:We should invade immediately and kick that little motherf**ker's ass.
It won't happen today, tomorrow, or this year. Ultimately, in my lifetime, we'll bomb NK to get rid of any weapons facilities because the UN and the international community will fail. Once again the US will be looked to as the 'World Police' as we have time and time again.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:We should invade immediately and kick that little motherf**ker's ass.
It won't happen today, tomorrow, or this year. Ultimately, in my lifetime, we'll bomb NK to get rid of any weapons facilities because the UN and the international community will fail. Once again the US will be looked to as the 'World Police' as we have time and time again.
With 2 Billion Chinese on the other side, I don't think we will be bombing NK anytime soon. Maybe he will screw up and piss off the Chi-coms and they might do it for us, but that is the only way he will get spanked.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
ABushismaDay
Blue Chatterbox

Post by ABushismaDay »

It will be hard for Bush to sell an invasion of Iran because it might someday make nuclear weapons when North Korea definitely has them now. I'm very curious to see how the Invasion of Iran will be spun.
This bussiness will get out of Hand!
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

ABushismaDay wrote:It will be hard for Bush to sell an invasion of Iran because it might someday make nuclear weapons when North Korea definitely has them now. I'm very curious to see how the Invasion of Iran will be spun.
If we're honest with outselves, it's obvious. Iran would have a nuke in an area that's already unstable and contains something we all rely on, oil. Iran is a much greater risk considering the oil they could potentially control if they became a nuclear power.

Although, I don't see GWB (or anyone else in the government) ever admitting that the current war and a future Iran war is for one thing only, oil.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
ABushismaDay wrote:It will be hard for Bush to sell an invasion of Iran because it might someday make nuclear weapons when North Korea definitely has them now. I'm very curious to see how the Invasion of Iran will be spun.
If we're honest with outselves, it's obvious. Iran would have a nuke in an area that's already unstable and contains something we all rely on, oil. Iran is a much greater risk considering the oil they could potentially control if they became a nuclear power.

Although, I don't see GWB (or anyone else in the government) ever admitting that the current war and a future Iran war is for one thing only, oil.
Ummm....we have allies on SE Asia, specifically South Korea and Japan that are seriously theatened by a nuclear North Korea. We are obligated to assist in the defense of South Korea and to flat out defend Japan - since they are by constitution a pacifist nation. (Although that will probably change since the new PM Shinzou Abe is a nationalist and wants to rewrite the constitution. North Korea's actions will give him all the ammunition he needs to do that).

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

BigKahuna13 wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Ummm....we have allies on SE Asia, specifically South Korea and Japan that are seriously theatened by a nuclear North Korea. We are obligated to assist in the defense of South Korea and to flat out defend Japan - since they are by constitution a pacifist nation. (Although that will probably change since the new PM Shinzou Abe is a nationalist and wants to rewrite the constitution. North Korea's actions will give him all the ammunition he needs to do that).
When push comes to shove ... are we going to be more concerned about our allies in SE Asia or oil? I say the latter.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Did we have continental drift while I wasn't looking? Viet Nam is Southeast Asia. South Korea and Japan get snow. 8)

I see China fixing this for us. They'll turn North Korea into a parking lot with US approval. If you haven't noticed, their economy is going gangbusters and the US is their biggest export market. If you thought Japan, Inc of the 1980's posed a risk to US workers, China is that squared. In another 20 years, they'll be market leaders in all kinds of markets that are dominated today by other players. Cars. Telecomms. Computers. Consumer electronics. I'm glad I'll be retired by then because the impact to what I do for a living is going to be frightening.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Make the East Asia. My sense of direction sucks :)

Appears that the blast was < 1 kiloton. Would seem that ole Kim Jong may have shot his load a bit prematurely.

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

BigKahuna13 wrote:Make the East Asia. My sense of direction sucks :)

Appears that the blast was < 1 kiloton. Would seem that ole Kim Jong may have shot his load a bit prematurely.
1 KILO? sh*t that is a suitcase bomb, but a realistic start.

SMALL minute man was at least 10 KILO or more. Big un went much higher, in the MEGA ton, but mostly reserved for TITAN missiles.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Where do we, the number 1 nuclear power in the world, get off telling someone they can't have nuclear weapons? We are handling this all wrong, making a big stink out of it, that is what N. Korea is hoping for. Very simple way to handle this, draw nice pics of their nuclear weapons next to ours. Then send them a congratulations on their achievement and warn them of the implications of ever using those weapons.