DID YOU KNOW?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

DID YOU KNOW?

Post by Dr. NO »

DID YOU KNOW?

As you walk up the steps to the building which houses the U.S. Supreme Court, you can see near the top of the building, a row of the world's law givers. Each one is facing toward the middle, looking at the center figure who is facing forward with a full frontal view. This one in the middle is Moses and he is holding the Ten Commandments!
DID YOU KNOW?

As you enter the Supreme Court courtroom, the two huge oak doors have the Ten Commandments engraved on each lower portion of each door.

DID YOU KNOW?

As you sit inside the courtroom, you can see the wall right above where the Supreme Court judges sit, a display of the Ten Commandments!

DID YOU KNOW?

There are Bible verses etched in stone all over theFederal Buildings and Monuments in Washington, D.C.

DID YOU KNOW?

James Madison, the fourth president, known as "The Father of Our
Constitution" made the following statement: " We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God."

DID YOU KNOW?

Patrick Henry, that patriot and Founding Father of our country said:
"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great
nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians, not on
religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ".

DID YOU KNOW?

Every session of Congres! s begin s with a prayer by a paid preacher, whose salary has been paid by the taxpayer since 1777.

DID YOU KNOW?

Fifty-two of the 55 founders of the Constitution were members of the
established orthodox churches in the colonies.

DID YOU KNOW?

Thomas Jefferson worried that the Courts would overstep their authority and instead of interpreting the law would begin making law an oligarchy . the rule of few over many.

DID YOU KNOW?

The very first Supreme Court Justice, John Jay, said: "Americans should select and prefer Christians as their rulers." How, then, have we gotten to the point that everything we have done for 220 years in this country is now suddenly wrong and unconstitutional? Lets put it around the world and let the world see and remember what this great country was built on.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Since Moses was a Jew and the 10 commandments come from the old testament, I think this means that we're really a Jewish country and not a Christian one.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

The outrage! I'm going to file suit right away! Damn those that think this country was built with the belief of God in mind!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

BigKahuna13 wrote:Since Moses was a Jew and the 10 commandments come from the old testament, I think this means that we're really a Jewish country and not a Christian one.
Mandatory circumcisions!
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:The outrage! I'm going to file suit right away! Damn those that think this country was built with the belief of God in mind!
It was also built with slavery and an almost complete lack of legal rights for women as two fundamental precepts. Where do I file suit to bring THOSE back, too?
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

I thought there were 15 commandments - Homer J.
As a non Christian I find you pretty offensive but as cranky old guy I love you anyway.
Beer is proof that we don't need god - G-smashed
You can't argue with my logic. You can't even spell logik.

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

JerseyGuy wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:The outrage! I'm going to file suit right away! Damn those that think this country was built with the belief of God in mind!
It was also built with slavery and an almost complete lack of legal rights for women as two fundamental precepts. Where do I file suit to bring THOSE back, too?
Probably with some white supremacists.

African Americans and women do not yet have equal rights.

- Women are not part of the draft.

- The African American that sat next to me in college got a full ride because of the color of his skin.
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

what draft?
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Cityskier wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

what draft?
We still have a "draft registration" at age 18. Women are exempt from this. Men must register or be disqualified from such things as government funding of student loans etc. didn't you "register" for the draft?
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Dr. NO wrote:
Cityskier wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

what draft?
We still have a "draft registration" at age 18. Women are exempt from this. Men must register or be disqualified from such things as government funding of student loans etc. didn't you "register" for the draft?
Thanks Mr. Dr. No haha
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Not to pick nits but draft registration and the draft are two different things.
The country swallowed draft registration back in 1980 or whenever it was. I seriously doubt there's much - if any - popular support for a draft.

Actually I think any politican who actually voted to reinstate the draft would be committing political suicide.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

BigKahuna13 wrote:Not to pick nits but draft registration and the draft are two different things.
The country swallowed draft registration back in 1980 or whenever it was. I seriously doubt there's much - if any - popular support for a draft.

Actually I think any politican who actually voted to reinstate the draft would be committing political suicide.
I see your point, but lets not argue semantics, you knew what I meant :D
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:Not to pick nits but draft registration and the draft are two different things.

Sen. Kerry, is that you?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Bubba wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Sen. Kerry, is that you?
/takes bow
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

Yes, I registered for the draft. My point was that the military does not fill its ranks by use of the draft. If our military was made up by a compulsory draft that included kids from all strata of the socioeconomic landscape and the potential existed for the 18 yo son of a member of congress to have to go fight in a conflict such as the one currently festering in Iraq, maybe the policy of our gov't. would be different and they would be a little more discerning about what was worth fighting for.