voting shenanigans?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Curious - did everyone have the Iraq war question on their ballot . . . I swear I did not see it on mine :roll: :? :roll: :?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

No such question on our ballot here.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

We voted this morning after our parent-teacher conference with Iceman's teacher. The Snow Princess watched SkiDork vote and Iceman joined me behind the curtain.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

MrsG wrote:Curious - did everyone have the Iraq war question on their ballot . . . I swear I did not see it on mine :roll: :? :roll: :?
What Iraq war question? Was this some MA thing?

Voted where I always vote - my kids old 4th grade school. Used the same machine I always use. Saw the same old people I always see.

btw - is it some kind of law that you have to be at least 80 to be a poll
worker?
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
MrsG wrote:Curious - did everyone have the Iraq war question on their ballot . . . I swear I did not see it on mine :roll: :? :roll: :?

Voted where I always vote - my kids old 4th grade school. Used the same machine I always use. Saw the same old people I always see.

worker?
I think they call that VOLUNTEERS.

And no, we did not have a "war" question on our ballot, only some thing about Charter Changes and Hiring a Town Manager. Town Manager? WTF is that, we pay the 1st Selectman a full time salary and she can't do the job?
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

BigKahuna13 wrote:

worker?
The Iraq war question was showing on the news line results on TV and I mentioned that I did not see that question on my ballot . . . MrG did have it on his - so I either missed it :? , or it was a random question in MA.
Very curious!!!
MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

Bubba wrote:LOL...I went to the Killington Town Offices, paid my November property tax installment just to get myself in the right mood, then went to vote. Your name is checked against a list of registered voters after which you're then given a card where you black out a circle next to the name of the person you want to vote for (kind of like an SAT test) and you then put your card into an electronic reader. You give another person your name on the way out and they check your name once again. The system works.
That's the way we do it here. We don't need no stinkin' voting machines!
MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

MrsG wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:

worker?
The Iraq war question was showing on the news line results on TV and I mentioned that I did not see that question on my ballot . . . MrG did have it on his - so I either missed it :? , or it was a random question in MA.
Very curious!!!
Hey - how 'bout that wine question in MA? I was surprised to hear this morning that it didn't pass.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

[quote="MarieM Hey - how 'bout that wine question in MA? I was surprised to hear this morning that it didn't pass.[/quote]

I know :roll: - MA is finally moving into the 21st Century, but not allowing wine in a grocery store!?!?!?!
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

MrsG wrote:[quote="MarieM Hey - how 'bout that wine question in MA? I was surprised to hear this morning that it didn't pass.
I know :roll: - MA is finally moving into the 21st Century, but not allowing wine in a grocery store!?!?!?![/quote]

We don't allow wine sales in supermarkets down here either.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
MrsG wrote:[quote="MarieM Hey - how 'bout that wine question in MA? I was surprised to hear this morning that it didn't pass.
I know :roll: - MA is finally moving into the 21st Century, but not allowing wine in a grocery store!?!?!?!
[/quote]

We don't allow wine sales in supermarkets down here either.[/quote]

Same in PA. Heck, they finally just authorized the sale of alcohol on Sunday's :shock:
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
We don't allow wine sales in supermarkets down here either.[/quote]

I guess there are many states that do not allow wine in supermarkets, but, here in MA, it is allowed in some supermarkets, but not all - MA does not allow wine in more than three locations of the same store - for example, the three Trader Joe's or Stop and Shop's near Boston can sell wine, but here in Western MA, it is not allowed - the "yes" vote would have allowed all convenience/grocery/supermarkets to sell wine. Seems the liquor stores paid a lot to advertise the negative aspects of allowing the "yes" vote. Oh well!!!
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

MrsG wrote:
Bubba wrote:LOL...I went to the Killington Town Offices, paid my November property tax installment just to get myself in the right mood, then went to vote. Your name is checked against a list of registered voters after which you're then given a card where you black out a circle next to the name of the person you want to vote for (kind of like an SAT test) and you then put your card into an electronic reader. You give another person your name on the way out and they check your name once again. The system works.
. . . and here, in our little country town in MA, it is the same 8) :wink: 8)
Little town in Vermont, they know you when you walk in, went to give my name women says already checked off and hands me the ballot, old paper style about 2'X3' and mark an "x" in the box with a pencil.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

MrsG wrote:
shortski wrote:
MrsG wrote:
. . . and here, in our little country town in MA, it is the same 8) :wink: 8)
Little town in Vermont, they know you when you walk in, went to give my name women says already checked off and hands me the ballot, old paper style about 2'X3' and mark an "x" in the box with a pencil.

Wow, that's some huge ballot :lol: :lol:
SS ... you confuse your belly with the ballot and 'X' mark your belly-button?
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

MrsG wrote: Wow, that's some huge ballot :lol: :lol:
I have no idea why it was so huge, maybe a lot of old folks in the town easier to read. :lol:
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage