Jim
Slalom Racer

we won

Post by Jim »

the house and senate :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
DMC_Freeride
Black Carver

Post by DMC_Freeride »

Still holding my breath on the Senate.. But I will enjoy it if they force a big recount and the same people who told me to not complain about recounts in the past elections will now have to bitch about their own party.... :)
"I asked you nicely to be nice. " - ShitSki

Thats like Hitler asking someone to buy kosher.

And now I am put on the Troll list like Diss was..
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

A little premature there. The Dems need 2 more seats in the Senate and those are still too close to call.

The Democrats won the chance to try to the right thing - nothing more. I'm skeptical that they actually will.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Hopefully this improves the state in which our country has been operated. It was assuring to hear a Democratic Strategist say that there are absolutely no plans to attempt to impeach the president. He also listed the items the dems are going to work hard to fix, I hope they follow through, unlike the republican party
DMC_Freeride
Black Carver

Post by DMC_Freeride »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Hopefully this improves the state in which our country has been operated. It was assuring to hear a Democratic Strategist say that there are absolutely no plans to attempt to impeach the president. He also listed the items the dems are going to work hard to fix, I hope they follow through, unlike the republican party
they can work and not be bothered by attempts to change the constitution to ban gay marriage... and other stuff...

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

DMC_Freeride wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Hopefully this improves the state in which our country has been operated. It was assuring to hear a Democratic Strategist say that there are absolutely no plans to attempt to impeach the president. He also listed the items the dems are going to work hard to fix, I hope they follow through, unlike the republican party
they can work and not be bothered by attempts to change the constitution to ban gay marriage... and other stuff...
I always thought gay marriage was a state issue anyway (I think you feel the same). Over half of the states (or close to it) within the nation already have a gay marriage ban anyway.

For the record I really could careless.
KnuckleDragger
Powderhound

Post by KnuckleDragger »

I dont know how much progress I expect from the Dems but if they accomplish nothing more than reigning in Bush and forcing more oversight and scrutiny of the White House's actions then I say "Mission Accomplished."
DMC_Freeride
Black Carver

Post by DMC_Freeride »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: I always thought gay marriage was a state issue anyway (I think you feel the same). Over half of the states (or close to it) within the nation already have a gay marriage ban anyway.

For the record I really could careless.
Even Cheney thinks it should be a state issue...
But there was that lame attempt to change the consitution a while back.. Even though we had more important things to worry about...

And thats my point..

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

KnuckleDragger wrote:I dont know how much progress I expect from the Dems but if they accomplish nothing more than reigning in Bush and forcing more oversight and scrutiny of the White House's actions then I say "Mission Accomplished."
Well put! That was slick.
DMC wrote:Even Cheney thinks it should be a state issue...
But there was that lame attempt to change the consitution a while back.. Even though we had more important things to worry about...

And thats my point..
I think that was done just to fire-up/satisfy the hardcore conservatives. At least that's what I hope it was, because it was ridiculous.
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

Let's hope you're all right! As much as I'd like to see Bush and his band of misfits pay for their actions I think we should move ahead now and fix things. Hopefully the Republicans will now dump the neocons and theocreats and get some decent leadership in case the Dems don't do it.
History will judge Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld just like it did with Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, and Saddam.

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Why? The President may or may not have lied and/or broken laws with respect to the Iraq war. Airing out that question in the only forum we have available - impeachment - would be good for the republic. The good of the republic should always outweigh mere politics.

Sometimes I really wish we had the ability to have no confidence vote in our leadership.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

DMC_Freeride
Black Carver

Post by DMC_Freeride »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
KnuckleDragger wrote:I dont know how much progress I expect from the Dems but if they accomplish nothing more than reigning in Bush and forcing more oversight and scrutiny of the White House's actions then I say "Mission Accomplished."
Well put! That was slick.
DMC wrote:Even Cheney thinks it should be a state issue...

And thats my point..
I think that was done just to fire-up/satisfy the hardcore conservatives. At least that's what I hope it was, because it was ridiculous.
I got an old Subaru in the driveway - I can fire it up... But it really doesn't go anywhere... Just kinda wastes my time..

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

BigKahuna13 wrote:
Why? The President may or may not have lied and/or broken laws with respect to the Iraq war. Airing out that question in the only forum we have available - impeachment - would be good for the republic. The good of the republic should always outweigh mere politics.

Sometimes I really wish we had the ability to have no confidence vote in our leadership.
You're not going to like my answer, but it's a waste of time. He's out in 2008 and impeachment would not take place until after that point anyway (IMHO, I'm sure). There are more important topics right now I'd prefer to see congress engage in ... rather then see our congress tied up in the impeachment process while troops are dying, the border is open, SS is disappearing, etc etc.

If there was a no confidence vote, most of congress would be gone. :lol:
ABushismaDay
Blue Chatterbox

Post by ABushismaDay »

I would like to see it enacted. So what that he is on hs way out. They did it to Clinton for much less than GWB is potentially guilty of. I think congress owes it to the American people.
This bussiness will get out of Hand!
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

ABushismaDay wrote:I would like to see it enacted. So what that he is on hs way out. They did it to Clinton for much less than GWB is potentially guilty of. I think congress owes it to the American people.
Perhaps you're right, but if that's the case, doesn't congress owe the American people a lot more then this?