Democrats win Montana; Senate now tied

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
ABushismaDay
Blue Chatterbox

Democrats win Montana; Senate now tied

Post by ABushismaDay »

WASHINGTON - Democrats won a cliffhanger race in Montana on Wednesday that took them to the brink of control of the Senate, :D

Well, that all depends which way Lieberman will vote. As I see it, Dem's are stil out 1 seat to be tied. Lieberman will be posed to play both sides of the fence as he sees fit.
This bussiness will get out of Hand!
DMC_Freeride
Black Carver

Re: Democrats win Montana; Senate now tied

Post by DMC_Freeride »

ABushismaDay wrote:WASHINGTON - Democrats won a cliffhanger race in Montana on Wednesday that took them to the brink of control of the Senate, :D

Well, that all depends which way Lieberman will vote. As I see it, Dem's are stil out 1 seat to be tied. Lieberman will be posed to play both sides of the fence as he sees fit.
Lieberman has agreeed to caucus with the democrats..
"I asked you nicely to be nice. " - ShitSki

Thats like Hitler asking someone to buy kosher.

And now I am put on the Troll list like Diss was..
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

DMC_Freeride wrote:
ABushismaDay wrote:WASHINGTON - Democrats won a cliffhanger race in Montana on Wednesday that took them to the brink of control of the Senate, :D

Lieberman has agreeed to caucus with the democrats..
Yeah, but wait until the more liberal Dems try to keep him from one or more Committee chairmanships as some said they'd try to do prior to the election.

Or, how's this for Plan B - Bush nominates Lieberman to a Cabinet post which, if he got through a Democrat controlled confirmation process, would mean a Republican governor would appoint his replacement as Senator, throwing the majority back to the Republicans. The Senate would be forced to reject his nomination if they wanted to keep their majority. Machiavelli would be proud. :lol:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Don't forget, tie goes to the Vice President to vote, as long as Dick is still there it's not a tie.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
ABushismaDay
Blue Chatterbox

Post by ABushismaDay »

Bubba and shortski bring up 2 possibilities. I doubt that Lieberman would get confirmed.
This bussiness will get out of Hand!
2pink1stink
Slalom Racer

Post by 2pink1stink »

Burns has not conceded. This thing is going to the courts.

It's gonna be a while before a "winner" is declared.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Joe has stated he is and always will be a Democrat and will try to heal things with his party, so I doubt he would move toward the Republicans. Should they screw him on chiars and committees, he will remain Independent and use that against them.

Now the nomination would be interesting, especially with Reil in office. But GOD only knows who she would nominate to replace Joe, and the Dems would go BS for anyone too conservative.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?