Just Tell Me

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Just Tell Me

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

BadDog wrote:
robrules wrote:
BadDog wrote:Good thing Catastrophic Climate Change is just a myth (according the Gov'ment.)

The warm weather and lack of snow is just in your mind!

(Just too bad that the war heo who snowboards didn't fight the Ohio election fraud in 2004...)
Yeah, because we all know that Busch controls the weather and Kerry would have made the climate colder. :roll: f***' liberals.
No, those who are part of the "reality based community" (as the Bush administration disparingly refers to realists) are pretty sure that Kerry would have made a good start at dealing with this challenge -- and cerrtainly the legitmate President of the United States (Al Gore) would have as well.

Bush withdrew from the Kyoto treaty and has encouraged catostrophic climate change warming with his pro-oil policies.

F***** Neo-cons (Bush-shites).

And -- not that it's any sort of long term solution -- since the technology to "control" the weather by seeding clouds has existed since the '50's -- why exactly don't you think the governement has the ability to "control" the weather?

Oh, that's right -- Bush-shites don't believe in science.

And Conservatives -- by definition -- should be good enviromentalists. As was my favourite President, Republican big business muckraker and trust-buster Teddy Roosevelt. And our most "colorful" Republican President, the brilliant but disturbed Mr. Richard Nixon, whose cabinet members have gone on record saying that Nixon would be rolling in his grave over "Benedict" Bush's enviormental policies.

Just another example of how the Neo-cons and Bush-shites have shanghaid and poisoned the words Conservative and Republican.

By the way, Jimmy Carter is a pretty good skier too, according to at least one instructor who went out with him. And Kerry at least tries to ride -- whereas that p*ssy Bush is afraid of horses. 'Nuff said.

But that's enough politics for a chatter forum -- sorry to bring it up -- let's take it over to the Political Forum, where I will be happy to (rhetorically) kick your butt...
How was Bush sure that Kerry was going to have a "good start" if elected? By raising taxes?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's the Kyoto treaty done so far ... anything?

If the science has been around for 50 years, what stopped Clinton from using it? Clinton didn't believe in Science?

"Just another example of how the Neo-cons and Bush-shites have shanghaid and poisoned the words Conservative and Republican."

No argument there!
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

Still defending the asshole? I could go down to the Lincoln Tunnel and pick a random homelss guy to be president and he'd do a better job than this piece of crap. Most people have improved perceptions when they smoke a lot of dope but that doesn't seem to be working for you.

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

G-smashed wrote:Still defending the asshole? I could go down to the Lincoln Tunnel and pick a random homelss guy to be president and he'd do a better job than this piece of crap. Most people have improved perceptions when they smoke a lot of dope but that doesn't seem to be working for you.
Defending? No, certainly not ... looking for logic/reasoning/explanations, Yes!

I hardly think a homeless person would be better then GWB, despite your unrealistic "assumption".

When I smoke dope, I ask a lot of questions and try to think outside the box, see below. Now, take a moment and direct me to the part where I defend GWB, after you fail at doing so, try answering the questions :D

After answering the questions below, you might just see the light!

- How was Bush sure that Kerry was going to have a "good start" if elected? By raising taxes?

- What's the Kyoto treaty done so far ... anything?

- If the science has been around for 50 years, what stopped Clinton and others from using it? Clinton didn't believe in Science?
"Just another example of how the Neo-cons and Bush-shites have shanghaid and poisoned the words Conservative and Republican."
No argument there!
:D
BadDog
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by BadDog »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I hardly think a homeless person would be better then GWB, despite your unrealistic "assumption".
Well. some homeless people would do better than Bush: c.f. the Wall Street documentary "Trading Places". :)

Seriously, not taking the time to thoughtfully address your other points at this points:

Some people, myself included, don't believe that sheer ignorance and incompetance explain the policies of "Bendict" Bush. After all, even a broken clock is wrong twice a day. Or: as the SATs demonstrate, it's not easy to get every question wrong.

Therefore: since every single thing Bush has done is bad for the United States of America and it's people, then it is deliberate. (Simplist explanation: he is Fifth Column. After all, ganddaddy was convicted of trading with the enemy (Nazis) during WW II when he bankrolled them. And Bush he has publicly go on record disavowing the Constitution of the United States.)

Therefore: even a complete idiot could do a better job than Bush, since the odds are that he'll randomly be correct. (C.f. Ronald Reagan, who wasn't wrong 100% of the time, despite suffering from Alzheimer dementia.)

Therefore: unless the homeless person in question was also Fifth Column Nazi (perhaps plucked from the streets of Buenos Aires?), even given the worst case scenario that the homeless person in question was a completely insane jibbering idiot, odds are overwhelming that he (or she) would be a better President than Bush.

"Remember 9/11 -- Impeach the Traitor!"
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Great ... you told me a lot I already knew and added to the assumptions that G-Smash made, but you decided to avoid my questions ... why?
BadDog
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by BadDog »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Great ... you told me a lot I already knew and added to the assumptions that G-Smash made, but you decided to avoid my questions ... why?
Why is Bush a traitor? I think he became a traitor because his grandfather was one and he has issues with his father. But you'll have to ask him yourself...

If your other why question is why Clinton didn't try to control weather even though the science existed...I imagine that he knew better (chaos theory and unintended consequences of tampering with large systems).

(On the other hand, look at Killington snowfall figures during the Presidency of avowed skier Jimmy Carter. Might we have had a friend in the Whitehouse? :)
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

BadDog wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Great ... you told me a lot I already knew and added to the assumptions that G-Smash made, but you decided to avoid my questions ... why?
Why is Bush a traitor? I think he became a traitor because his grandfather was one and he has issues with his father. But you'll have to ask him yourself...

If your other why question is why Clinton didn't try to control weather even though the science existed...I imagine that he knew better (chaos theory and unintended consequences of tampering with large systems).

(On the other hand, look at Killington snowfall figures during the Presidency of avowed skier Jimmy Carter. Might we have had a friend in the Whitehouse? :)
I'm particularly interested in your answer to this question:
What's the Kyoto treaty done so far ... anything?
You keep avoiding it ... not sure why.
BadDog
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by BadDog »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: You keep avoiding it ... not sure why.
Because I would have to do some research and don't quite have the time and focus right now...

I would (glibly) say that the Kyoto Treaty would have done more with the participation of the United States, especially since we produce such a high percentage per capita of pollutants and other system de-stablizers.

(The participation of some other major industrialized nations c.f. Bubba's note elsewhere would help as well.)

Here are more current Kerry remarks concerning plans for decreasing oil dependence -- you might find them interesting reading:

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/062606R.shtml
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

I've been told (I haven't verified the number) that more than 50% of greenhouse gas emissions come from mobile, not stationary, sources. You want to decrease greenhouse gas emissions? Increase gasoline taxes. Oh, it's easier to blame the auto companies for not increasing efficiency than it is to take the politically unpalatable act of raising gas taxes? Oh well....I guess reelection is more important than global warming then.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
BadDog
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by BadDog »

Bubba wrote:You want to decrease greenhouse gas emissions? Increase gasoline taxes.
I agree with this.

But some (all) of the revenue from increased gas taxes should go to an "Apollo Project" for Energy Independence/Alternate Energy Sources, as has been frequently called for.

(Personally, I want one of the wicked looking Microwave Transmitters like they have in SimCity... :)
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

BadDog wrote:
Because I would have to do some research and don't quite have the time and focus right now...

I would (glibly) say that the Kyoto Treaty would have done more with the participation of the United States, especially since we produce such a high percentage per capita of pollutants and other system de-stablizers.

(The participation of some other major industrialized nations c.f. Bubba's note elsewhere would help as well.)

Here are more current Kerry remarks concerning plans for decreasing oil dependence -- you might find them interesting reading:

In otherwords, you were making baseless assumptions :D

I have a hard time reading documents with an overbearing bias.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
BadDog wrote:

You seem to have had no trouble watching Fox News though....
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Bubba wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
BadDog wrote:

You seem to have had no trouble watching Fox News though....
Well ... all news is biased. CNN, CSPAN, ABC, NBC, FOX, whats left to watch? I have to watch some kind of news, dont I?

To be honest though, I watch CNN. I cant get enough of Lou Dobbs, hes da man!
BadDog
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by BadDog »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: In otherwords, you were making baseless assumptions :D
Based on everything I've read over the last 8 years or so...just because I don't have time to provide a thorough bibliography doesn't mean I've drawn baseless conclusions.

CNN is owned by the Saudis, ain't it?
St. Jerry
Powderhound

Post by St. Jerry »

Wow, I do agree with you on Lou Dobbs. For what ever reason, I never really watched him until recently.

Am very impressed with him. It seems like he is very open minded and does not have an agenda, which is refreshing compared to most, such as Wolf Blitzer.
Ron Paul 2012