Who, Me? Worry!

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:An English news reporter, after 911 stated that the US has showed great restraint against our enemies. He seemed to feel we had every right to turn the majority of the Middle East into a Nuclear Glass parking lot. Why not? do to them before they do to you.
Lemme get this straight. Osama the nutcase has a beef with us (justified/unjustifed doesn't matter) and kills 3,000 innocent people. So we turn around and vaporize 30,000,000 innocent people. And somehow we're better than him??

Amazing logic there.......
HEY, I'm just the messenger. this was an article in an English paper. Now a few tactical drops in my book might go a long way in eliminating some very dicy problems over there, but I didn't condone the elimination of the entire reagion, YET!
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

Dr. NO wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:An English news reporter, after 911 stated that the US has showed great restraint against our enemies. He seemed to feel we had every right to turn the majority of the Middle East into a Nuclear Glass parking lot. Why not? do to them before they do to you.
Lemme get this straight. Osama the nutcase has a beef with us (justified/unjustifed doesn't matter) and kills 3,000 innocent people. So we turn around and vaporize 30,000,000 innocent people. And somehow we're better than him??

HEY, I'm just the messenger. this was an article in an English paper. Now a few tactical drops in my book might go a long way in eliminating some very dicy problems over there, but I didn't condone the elimination of the entire reagion, YET!
"Yeah... don't shoot me. I'm just the messenger, even though I actually do agree with the message. Kill 'em all. Oh, that's too harsh? Lemme backpedal a little, but not all the way -- kinda like JibJab. How about this: We shouldn't carpet-bomb the whole region... YET. Oh, that makes me a MUCH better person, right?"

I love posts from Dr. No. His logic and use of facts are about as good as his spelling.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

JerseyGuy wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:

"Yeah... don't shoot me. I'm just the messenger, even though I actually do agree with the message. Kill 'em all. Oh, that's too harsh? Lemme backpedal a little, but not all the way -- kinda like JibJab. How about this: We shouldn't carpet-bomb the whole region... YET. Oh, that makes me a MUCH better person, right?"

I love posts from Dr. No. His logic and use of facts are about as good as his spelling.
When have I back peddled? I may have changed my opinion over the years, but when have I backpedaled?
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

My logic is Kill before being killed. It took 2 cities to end WW II. Don't know what it will take to stop the BS in the Middle East, but if necessary, stop it using any means possible. Unless of course you would prefer IED's and snipers in your back yard.

Shut up and Ski!

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Dr. NO wrote:My logic is Kill before being killed. It took 2 cities to end WW II. Don't know what it will take to stop the BS in the Middle East, but if necessary, stop it using any means possible. Unless of course you would prefer IED's and snipers in your back yard.
Maybe JerseyGuy can humor us with his plan to stop the violence in the Middle East...
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
JerseyGuy wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:

When have I back peddled? I may have changed my opinion over the years, but when have I backpedaled?
To paraphrase Ben Franklin:

One always simply "changes one's opinions" in the first person. It is only in the second or third person -- "your" change of opinion, "his or her" change of opinion -- at which time we can freely use the terms "backpedaling" or "flip-flopping".

C'mon, now. You're not gonna make me go through old posts to find all the times at which you've retracted statements, changed your mind, amended previous exclamations, and so on? Lord, who has that kind of time?
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

Dr. NO wrote:My logic is Kill before being killed. It took 2 cities to end WW II. Don't know what it will take to stop the BS in the Middle East, but if necessary, stop it using any means possible. Unless of course you would prefer IED's and snipers in your back yard.
Oh, please. You're not gonna trot out the shopworn old "fight them there so we don't have to fight them here" line, are you? Hey, guess what? Fighting them THERE seems to have created a hell of a lot more people who are just dying -- literally -- to come and fight us here, now hasn't it?

If I go into someone else's backyard to pick a fight with them, I make damn sure that his friends and relatives aren't gonna be inclined to come kick my ass once I'm done flexing my muscles and acting tough.

"Any means possible", huh? Well said, Malcolm X. Just making sure -- you ARE far too old to actually be one of the people "killing" before "being killed", right?

Well, at least you can sit on your ass in Rutland, Vermont and watch the fighting unfold on TV. I'm sure it'll be just like actually being there...
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

JerseyGuy wrote:
"Any means possible", huh? Well said, Malcolm X. Just making sure -- you ARE far too old to actually be one of the people "killing" before "being killed", right?
Ah, the old "unless you're a Marine fighting on the front lines, you can't have an opinion."

:roll:
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

JerseyGuy wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
JerseyGuy wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote: Lemme get this straight. Osama the nutcase has a beef with us (justified/unjustifed doesn't matter) and kills 3,000 innocent people. So we turn around and vaporize 30,000,000 innocent people. And somehow we're better than him??

To paraphrase Ben Franklin:

One always simply "changes one's opinions" in the first person. It is only in the second or third person -- "your" change of opinion, "his or her" change of opinion -- at which time we can freely use the terms "backpedaling" or "flip-flopping".

C'mon, now. You're not gonna make me go through old posts to find all the times at which you've retracted statements, changed your mind, amended previous exclamations, and so on? Lord, who has that kind of time?
Sometimes others show me the light and I change my opinion accordingly ... should it be any other way? How else does one form an opinion?
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Maybe JerseyGuy can humor us with his plan to stop the violence in the Middle East...
Why? We don't need a plan! Just an Army of John Rambos, asking if we get to "win" this time. Seems to be working so far...

Maybe there ISN'T a military solution to this problem... something that many of our top generals (and not just the retired ones) are now starting to say out loud. Hell, maybe most the Middle Eastern peoples will end up wiping themselves off the map -- but at least our boys won't get caught in the crossfire.

(And don't say that that level of mass bloodshed and out-of-control regional violence would never be tolerated by the US. It IS tolerated... in Africa. But then again, Africa can't provide us enough of that good ol' sweet black crude to spark our interest and involvement...)

But then, the GOP won't be able to use the War on Terrorism as a campaign strategy. (By the way, didja ever notice that whenever GOP politicians declare "War" on an amorphous concept -- Terrorism, Drugs, Inflation, you name it -- we usually end up losing the war, or at best, declaring a painful and uneasy truce? Do you think we can get the Republicans to declare a War on Snow? Why, we'll have nine-foot bases on the slopes of K-Mart in no time at all!)
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

JerseyGuy wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Why? We don't need a plan! Just an Army of John Rambos, asking if we get to "win" this time. Seems to be working so far...

Maybe there ISN'T a military solution to this problem... something that many of our top generals (and not just the retired ones) are now starting to say out loud. Hell, maybe most the Middle Eastern peoples will end up wiping themselves off the map -- but at least our boys won't get caught in the crossfire.

(And don't say that that level of mass bloodshed and out-of-control regional violence would never be tolerated by the US. It IS tolerated... in Africa. But then again, Africa can't provide us enough of that good ol' sweet black crude to spark our interest and involvement...)

But then, the GOP won't be able to use the War on Terrorism as a campaign strategy. (By the way, didja ever notice that whenever GOP politicians declare "War" on an amorphous concept -- Terrorism, Drugs, Inflation, you name it -- we usually end up losing the war, or at best, declaring a painful and uneasy truce? Do you think we can get the Republicans to declare a War on Snow? Why, we'll have nine-foot bases on the slopes of K-Mart in no time at all!)
In other words, you don't have an alternative.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

JerseyGuy wrote:
Oh, please. You're not gonna trot out the shopworn old "fight them there so we don't have to fight them here" line, are you? Hey, guess what? Fighting them THERE seems to have created a hell of a lot more people who are just dying -- literally -- to come and fight us here, now hasn't it?

If I go into someone else's backyard to pick a fight with them, I make damn sure that his friends and relatives aren't gonna be inclined to come kick my ass once I'm done flexing my muscles and acting tough.

Well, at least you can sit on your ass in Rutland, Vermont and watch the fighting unfold on TV. I'm sure it'll be just like actually being there...
I served my time, 1970 to 1978, as a volunteer. What is your excuse?

Shut up and Ski!

JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

Dr. NO wrote:
JerseyGuy wrote:

Oh, man. I had no idea. Wree you stationed in Vietnam? Cambodia? In a ship just off the coast? How much action did you see? How many enemy combatants did you kill before they had a chance to kill you? What was your combat specialty?
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
JerseyGuy wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

In other words, you don't have an alternative.
Hey, here's a good start:

http://www.usip.org/isg/

Of course, this report contains a sad lack of blowin' stuff up, so I fear for its long-term utility...
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

JerseyGuy wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
Oh, man. I had no idea. Wree you stationed in Vietnam? Cambodia? In a ship just off the coast? How much action did you see? How many enemy combatants did you kill before they had a chance to kill you? What was your combat specialty?
WOW! I never thought I'd say this, but you're a real f*** asshole.

Dr. No, have a Merry Christmas and thank you for your service.