Day of National Observance.

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
swiftskier
Bumper

Day of National Observance.

Post by swiftskier »

At least they are honoring a former skier by finding another excuse to take a day off. However, don't expect to use the post office tomorrow. Futhermore, the stock exchange is closed so the Banks might be on red alert to keep their customers from sleeping in the ATM's. Once again, I wouldn't ski Kiddie Town this week again. I'm celebrating a year of pain and suffering directly attributed to being up there this week in '06.
Ski-N-Sail
Wanted Poster

Post by Ski-N-Sail »

I think the stock market wanted a four day weekend. I don't think a majority of those who work in the markets give a crap that Ford is dead. JMHO
swiftskier
Bumper

Post by swiftskier »

The fact would be that N.Y. voted overwhelmingly to oust him because of his refusal to cover the city's defaults on loans. This lead to the double digit inflation of Carter's administration.
HelmetCam
Postaholic

Post by HelmetCam »

The guy was in office for 29 months and was never elected to be there (or #2 for that matter) in the first place. The main thing written about his presidency was that he was the next guy after Watergate and he pardoned Nixon one month into his term. The next 28 months? Basically forgettable.

Close the government for this? A little overkill if you ask me.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Pretty much SOP when any President dies isn't it?
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

swiftskier wrote:The fact would be that N.Y. voted overwhelmingly to oust him because of his refusal to cover the city's defaults on loans. This lead to the double digit inflation of Carter's administration.
Yes, refusing to bailout the city lead to hyper inflation. Swift.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

swiftskier wrote:The fact would be that N.Y. voted overwhelmingly to oust him because of his refusal to cover the city's defaults on loans. This lead to the double digit inflation of Carter's administration.
New York is One of 50 states. Yes, a large Electoral Vote, but not all. When was the last time NY voted for a Republican? I believe Ike was one and then Reagan vs. Dukaka! Otherwise they tend to go for the Dems. Gotta keep the Federal Cash flow going.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?