1/7/07, 10 am: Highway Star Freeskiing Clinic

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Mtn Man
Guru Poster

Post by Mtn Man »

Keithus wrote:I've been curious about snowblades ever since they gave away a Corona pair at the Inn at Six Mountains poker tourney last year.

Please give us a report on 'em after you've had them out.
I used shatski's a couple times in the past, we have the same sole length. As Skiladi says, you find your center of gravity very quickly. You lean too far forward or back, you go down QUICKLY. Plus they constantly want to turn, so no straightlining. They are fun, but I couldn't do them all day. I like speed and high arc turns as well as slalom quick turns.

B)
Mmmmmm, sidecountry....
FritzdeCat'sSuperGayLover
Black Carver

Post by FritzdeCat'sSuperGayLover »

Holy moly!
didn't have chance to read through the drama......

...but did Highway Star get busted for illegally instructing within a permit area?

Who should I call?
"Riding Killington around 35 days a year along with Stowe, Sugarbush, Jaypeak and Smugglers notch!!! And only the Blacks and Double Blues!!" - GAYSTAR RYDER
Black Carver

Highway Star gave a FREESKIING "clinic" on blue groomers?

How stupid is that?

What's next, drinking lessons with Shirely Temple's?
Driving lessons at the School of the Blind?
"Riding Killington around 35 days a year along with Stowe, Sugarbush, Jaypeak and Smugglers notch!!! And only the Blacks and Double Blues!!" - GAYSTAR RYDER
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

FritzdeCat'sSuperGayLover wrote:Highway Star gave a FREESKIING "clinic" on blue groomers?

How stupid is that?

He had no choice but to give the clinic on groomed runs. We had a 60 degrees day on Saturday followed by a freeze Saturday into Sunday. The only thing you could ski on Sunday were groomed trails or trails with snowmaking on them.

Stop making uninformed comments.
Black Carver

tyrolean_skier wrote:
FritzdeCat'sSuperGayLover wrote:Highway Star gave a FREESKIING "clinic" on blue groomers?

How stupid is that?

He had no choice but to give the clinic on groomed runs. We had a 60 degrees day on Saturday followed by a freeze Saturday into Sunday. The only thing you could ski on Sunday were groomed trails or trails with snowmaking on them.

Stop making uninformed comments.
Skiing icy moguls and cruising groomers is called............

skiing icy moguls and cruising groomers.

Sorry to inform you of this, and to hear about the lack of snow at your ski area.
kmudrick
Blue Chatterbox

Post by kmudrick »

FritzdeCat'sSuperGayLover wrote: Skiing icy moguls and cruising groomers is called............
skiing icy moguls and cruising groomers.
Yeah but he skiied them faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast!!!
MarkinNY
Black Carver

Post by MarkinNY »

spinmaster wrote:Let me just remind you all of the closed trail policy. Ski Closed Trail = loose ticket or pass! And Yes, Ski Patrol does know all about this!
How long has this new policy of skiing closed trails only with loose tickets been in effect?