New postal law lets Bush peek through your mail

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
DMC_Freeride
Black Carver

New postal law lets Bush peek through your mail

Post by DMC_Freeride »

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/ ... 8789c.html

"President Bush added a "signing statement" in recently passed postal reform bill that may give him new powers to pry into your mail - without a warrant. "
"I asked you nicely to be nice. " - ShitSki

Thats like Hitler asking someone to buy kosher.

And now I am put on the Troll list like Diss was..
ABushismaDay
Blue Chatterbox

Post by ABushismaDay »

All hail King George!!!, protector of the common man and of all mankind.
This bussiness will get out of Hand!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

I hope he takes some of my bills.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Man ... what a f*** this man has caused.

Real question ... if a democrat is elected in 2008, do you think they'll correct all the "spy openings" GWB administered? If so, they might get my vote.
ABushismaDay
Blue Chatterbox

They got my vote...

Post by ABushismaDay »

They got my vote, but it yet remains to be seen if they will deliver.I hope they actually fulfill their role in performing oversight on the executive branch of government.
This bussiness will get out of Hand!
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: They got my vote...

ABushismaDay wrote:They got my vote, but it yet remains to be seen if they will deliver.I hope they actually fulfill their role in performing oversight on the executive branch of government.
IMHO ... nothing will change, but I'm hoping for the best.
BadDog
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by BadDog »

Yes, more treason by "Benedict" Bush.

Since it is a signing statement, there is good hope that it will be thrown out -- or at least not applicable for the next President.

"Stop throwing the Constituion in my face...It's just a goddamed piece of paper." -- George W. Bush, 2005

"Constitution is an outdated document." -- Alberto Gonzales

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States." -- Oath of office, United States Constitution (Article II, Section 1)
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

BadDog wrote:Yes, more treason by "Benedict" Bush.

Since it is a signing statement, there is good hope that it will be thrown out -- or at least not applicable for the next President.

"Stop throwing the Constituion in my face...It's just a goddamed piece of paper." -- George W. Bush, 2005

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States." -- Oath of office, United States Constitution (Article II, Section 1)
From what I've read ... the first two quotes are "unconfirmed". I couldn't find a credible source that reported these quotes.

I'm not 100% certain that this would be a direct case of treason. Unethical, yes.
DMC_Freeride
Black Carver

Post by DMC_Freeride »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: From what I've read ... the first two quotes are "unconfirmed". I couldn't find a credible source that reported these quotes.
Mayybe it was from the guy that said the Iraqis had Yellow Cake..?

"The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa."
"I asked you nicely to be nice. " - ShitSki

Thats like Hitler asking someone to buy kosher.

And now I am put on the Troll list like Diss was..
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

DMC_Freeride wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: From what I've read ... the first two quotes are "unconfirmed". I couldn't find a credible source that reported these quotes.
Mayybe it was from the guy that said the Iraqis had Yellow Cake..?

"The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa."
Could be ...
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

From what I've read ... the first two quotes are "unconfirmed". I couldn't find a credible source that reported these quotes.

I'm not 100% certain that this would be a direct case of treason. Unethical, yes.
Whether the quotes are confirmed or not doesn't really matter. The President's actions clearly show a complete disdain for the Constitution.

Interesting tidbit about George Washington. He veto'ed one of the first bills put before him not because he disagreed with it, he actually thought it was a good idea. He vetoed it because he viewed it, good idea or not, as unconstitutional. In his remarks after vetoing the bill he flatly said that it was he wouldn't be fulfilling his role as defender of the Constitution if he'd signed it.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Whether the quotes are confirmed or not doesn't really matter. The President's actions clearly show a complete disdain for the Constitution...
The Supreme Court, through its actions and decisions over the past 200+ years, has proven that the Constitution is open to interpretation. "Disdain for the Constitution" in your eyes is "interpretation" in the eyes of others.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Man ... what a f*** this man has caused.

Real question ... if a democrat is elected in 2008, do you think they'll correct all the "spy openings" GWB administered? If so, they might get my vote.
Hmm, lets see, did the Republicans reverse all the illegal land grabs from the previous Democrat administration?

Answer, probably not!
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
BadDog
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by BadDog »

Bubba wrote: The Supreme Court, through its actions and decisions over the past 200+ years, has proven that the Constitution is open to interpretation. "Disdain for the Constitution" in your eyes is "interpretation" in the eyes of others.
The constitution was not written primarily by lawyers and judges, it was written by de facto parlimentarians.

Judges and lawyers are granted their powers from the Constitution, which gets it's authority from the people, the not the other way around.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Bubba wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Whether the quotes are confirmed or not doesn't really matter. The President's actions clearly show a complete disdain for the Constitution...
The Supreme Court, through its actions and decisions over the past 200+ years, has proven that the Constitution is open to interpretation. "Disdain for the Constitution" in your eyes is "interpretation" in the eyes of others.
Bubba you don't really believe that the administration's interpretation of it's powers under the Constitution bears any relation to reality. Do you?
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre