Pelosi Says She Would Drain GOP 'Swamp'

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Bubba wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Dem's already back peddling ...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/08/ ... index.html

This is utterly pathetic.
Oy....OK...what are they back peddling on?
And I'm the one making myself look foolish?
With some critics already jeering, Democrats Tuesday kick off their "first 100 legislative hours," during which they vow to pass much of the agenda that helped them win control of Congress from President Bush's Republicans in last year's elections.

The newly elected House convened Thursday with plenty of fanfare and the majority party vowing to put it on a five-day work week after ridiculing the Republicans for having worked just three days a week in the legislative chamber. (What what the Democrats promise to pass Video)

But Democrats pushed back until this week the start of votes on their much ballyhooed agenda. And everyone got Monday off for the college football championship game between Ohio State and the University of Florida.
This farking gov't really has some balls, first it was the Republicans running amuck and farking everything up ...now it's the Dem's taking off for football. Meanwhile, soldiers die in Iraq, SS is a mess, illegals are coming into our country, the borders are open, the ports aren't safe, but football is important?

Where is BadDog and DMC bad mouthing the new Dem controlled congress??

chirp chirp chirp
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Bubba wrote:

With some critics already jeering, Democrats Tuesday kick off their "first 100 legislative hours," during which they vow to pass much of the agenda that helped them win control of Congress from President Bush's Republicans in last year's elections.

The newly elected House convened Thursday with plenty of fanfare and the majority party vowing to put it on a five-day work week after ridiculing the Republicans for having worked just three days a week in the legislative chamber. (What what the Democrats promise to pass Video)

But Democrats pushed back until this week the start of votes on their much ballyhooed agenda. And everyone got Monday off for the college football championship game between Ohio State and the University of Florida.
This farking gov't really has some balls, first it was the Republicans running amuck and farking everything up ...now it's the Dem's taking off for football. Meanwhile, soldiers die in Iraq, SS is a mess, illegals are coming into our country, the borders are open, the ports aren't safe, but football is important?

chirp chirp chirp
That's back peddling? I thought you were referring to Iraq funding.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Bubba wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Bubba wrote:

chirp chirp chirp
Committing to 100 hours, but then backing off because you couldn't do it with the time in which you've committed is back peddling in my eyes.
DMC_Freeride
Black Carver

Post by DMC_Freeride »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Where is BadDog and DMC bad mouthing the new Dem controlled congress??

chirp chirp chirp
I'm actually in Texas.. I have to work for a living... :)
"I asked you nicely to be nice. " - ShitSki

Thats like Hitler asking someone to buy kosher.

And now I am put on the Troll list like Diss was..
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Bubba wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Bubba wrote:

chirp chirp chirp
Committing to 100 hours, but then backing off because you couldn't do it with the time in which you've committed is back peddling in my eyes.
Nonsense...they just started the clock later.

By the way, the question you ought to be asking (as opposed to the BS issue you've brought up) is what mode of transportation are these congressmen and/or women using to get from DC to Phoenix? Are they using commercial airlines or are they flying on private jets paid for by lobbyists and others. In other words, are they doing the same thing they were castigating Republicans for or are they "draining the swamp" of one of the allegedly corrupt practices they campaigned against?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
BadDog
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by BadDog »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:ing to 100 hours, but then backing off because you couldn't do it with the time in which you've committed is back peddling in my eyes.
They are backpedaling on working 5 days a week every week, if that's what they, because of stupid football. This week they are only working 4 days.

They are not back pedaling on the 100 hours -- which was always, even way back when they were just starting to talk about as the idea as platform, which I would put at July or August or so, the first 100 hours of session.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Bubba wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Bubba wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Bubba wrote: Oy....OK...what are they back peddling on?

chirp chirp chirp
Nonsense...they just started the clock later.

By the way, the question you ought to be asking (as opposed to the BS issue you've brought up) is what mode of transportation are these congressmen and/or women using to get from DC to Phoenix? Are they using commercial airlines or are they flying on private jets paid for by lobbyists and others. In other words, are they doing the same thing they were castigating Republicans for or are they "draining the swamp" of one of the allegedly corrupt practices they campaigned against?
They said there first 100 hours would have a major impact and several items would be resolved. Now they've conveniently given themselves the day off so they can watch football, thus pushing back their 100 hours.

I don't really care what they're doing, I give up ... each party sucks.
BadDog
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by BadDog »

From ABC News:

Quote:

But the real reason was that some lawmakers, including House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio, and other members of the delegations from Ohio and Florida, wanted to travel to Arizona to watch tonight's college football championship between Ohio State and the University of Florida.

The explanations for the day off have already fueled partisan rancor, with both parties blaming the other.

Democratic congressional sources claim that their leadership wanted a normal Monday in session, but that when Boehner's office requested the day off due to the football game, it relented in the interest of keeping the peace. (The Senate was in session today.) Members of the House typically arrive late Monday evening to vote on noncontroversial suspension bills, such as naming a post office.

"He did in fact request that votes not commence this week until tomorrow" because of the football game, Boehner spokesman Brian Kennedy told ABCNews.com, calling the brouhaha "much ado about nothing."

End Quote
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Much ado about nothing......

Must be a slow news day
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

BadDog wrote:From ABC News:

Quote:

But the real reason was that some lawmakers, including House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio, and other members of the delegations from Ohio and Florida, wanted to travel to Arizona to watch tonight's college football championship between Ohio State and the University of Florida.

The explanations for the day off have already fueled partisan rancor, with both parties blaming the other.

Democratic congressional sources claim that their leadership wanted a normal Monday in session, but that when Boehner's office requested the day off due to the football game, it relented in the interest of keeping the peace. (The Senate was in session today.) Members of the House typically arrive late Monday evening to vote on noncontroversial suspension bills, such as naming a post office.

"He did in fact request that votes not commence this week until tomorrow" because of the football game, Boehner spokesman Brian Kennedy told ABCNews.com, calling the brouhaha "much ado about nothing."

End Quote
That's the hugest bunch of sh*t I've ever heard.

The dem's are not interested in peace, they're interested in change ... I'm surprised after all of Pelosi's chest-thumping, she did a complete 180 and instead admits she'd rather keep the peace rather than her promise.

In the business world, she'd be fired.
BadDog
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by BadDog »

BigKahuna13 wrote:Much ado about nothing......

Must be a slow news day
Wait about another day and half, after "Benedict" Bush announces his intended surge of bringing about more American deaths.

Hope the Dems have the cojones to stand up to the traitor.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

BadDog wrote:

Must be a slow news day
Wait about another day and half, after "Benedict" Bush announces his intended surge of bringing about more American deaths.

... or when congress secretly passes a bill that grants illegal aliens rights to social security.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

BadDog wrote:

Must be a slow news day

Me too. Place wasn't worth a single drop of the blood already shed. Certainly not worth any more.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

BadDog wrote: Hope the Dems have the cojones to stand up to the traitor.
Like the cojones they displayed when they said "Hm, ok Mr. Republican, yes we'll give congress a day off for football"?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
BadDog wrote:From ABC News:

Quote:

End Quote
That's the hugest bunch of sh*t I've ever heard.

The dem's are not interested in peace, they're interested in change ... I'm surprised after all of Pelosi's chest-thumping, she did a complete 180 and instead admits she'd rather keep the peace rather than her promise.

In the business world, she'd be fired.
OK, let me get this straight:

First, you're pissed off because the Dems are "backpedaling".

Well, OK, they're not exactly "backpedaling" -- they'll "taking the day off" for football.

So, OK, scratch the first diatribe. You're now really angry about the "Dem's taking off for football", or more specifically, "giving themselves the day off so they can watch football".

Except, well, THEY didn't want the day off at all -- the House Minority Leader, a Republican (among others), wanted to fly out to Arizona to watch his politically beloved Buckeyes get their asses kicked by Florida. (And this was confirmed by Boehner's own spokesman -- well, everything but the "getting their asses kicked" part.)

So, OK, scratch the second diatribe. NOW, instead, you're "upset" that the Dems -- what? Didn't force a Monday session to spite Boehner? And this shows -- what? That they're more interested in "change" than "peace"? Which means what, exactly?

Sometimes, instead of "Yeah, but... but... but...", it really is OK to just say, "Oh, never mind. Forget I said anything."