OT: Understanding Homosexuality

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

OT: Understanding Homosexuality

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Totally random post, but something I've searched for on the internet and can't find an explanation for (I like to think there is an explanation for everything haha).

To start with, I'm not against Homosexuality and I'm also not against gay marriage.

In fact, the purpose of posting this is because I work with a man who is Homosexual (I think this is the PC term for it).

One thing I've always wondered ... why is it that some Homosexual males begin to have a tisk when they talk after most of their lives they've lacked a tisk? I don't feel comfortable asking my coworker this, for obvious reasons, but it's still something that I'd like to understand.

I've run into a few homosexual men in my days and some have the tisk and some don't.

Does anyone know why this occurs? Just curious

Posted it in this forum because I'm sure many view my question as controversial.
DMC_Freeride
Black Carver

Post by DMC_Freeride »

Probably just due to hanging out with other people that talk like that...

i know NY'ers that move to the south and after a while they speak with a twang...

I work with a gay guy - he's a good friend.. And he only talks with a "tisk" :) when he gets pissed off... It's pretty funny...
"I asked you nicely to be nice. " - ShitSki

Thats like Hitler asking someone to buy kosher.

And now I am put on the Troll list like Diss was..
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

DMC_Freeride wrote:Probably just due to hanging out with other people that talk like that...

i know NY'ers that move to the south and after a while they speak with a twang...

I work with a gay guy - he's a good friend.. And he only talks with a "tisk" :) when he gets pissed off... It's pretty funny...
Interesting.

Don't you ever wonder how that started though?

I guess at some point, someone in Boston spoke differently and it carried through the generations ... guess it's similar to that, but what I view is a larger community of people.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
DMC_Freeride wrote:Probably just due to hanging out with other people that talk like that...

Interesting.

I guess at some point, someone in Boston spoke differently and it carried through the generations ... guess it's similar to that, but what I view is a larger community of people.
Right....homosexuality started in Boston. Damn, you can say the stupidest things.... :roll:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Bubba wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Interesting.

Right....homosexuality started in Boston. Damn, you can say the stupidest things.... :roll:
You really didn't get what I meant buddy? C'mon.

I used Boston as an example. The people in Boston speak much differently then those in Philadelphia ... I always wondered what it is that made people speak so much differently even though they're merely 300 miles away.

I'd imagine a similar thing happened in the Homosexual community, but at a larger scale.
Last edited by XtremeJibber2001 on Jan 18th, '07, 10:11, edited 1 time in total.
DMC_Freeride
Black Carver

Post by DMC_Freeride »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Don't you ever wonder how that started though?
no... It is what it is...
Once you work with a roomfull of Indians IT Professionals - other accents are really a moot point and go almost unoticeable... :)

DMC_Freeride
Black Carver

Post by DMC_Freeride »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:The people in Boston speak much differently then those in Philadelphia ...
I thinks it the other way around...

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

DMC_Freeride wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:The people in Boston speak much differently then those in Philadelphia ...
I thinks it the other way around...
No, no it's not, it's the way I stated! :lol:
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

DMC_Freeride wrote:
Once you work with a roomfull of Indians IT Professionals - other accents are really a moot point and go almost unoticeable... :)
Try talking to a Cajun. Make the most meaning grunts you've ever heard.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

BigKahuna13 wrote:
DMC_Freeride wrote:
Try talking to a Cajun. Make the most meaning grunts you've ever heard.
Hmm ... grunts? Some of the older staff on my team clear their throat in the most awkward and disgusting way possible, does that count?
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Re: OT: Understanding Homosexuality

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
I've run into a few homosexual men in my days...
TAILGATER!
KBL Ed
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by KBL Ed »

Bubba wrote:Right....homosexuality started in Boston. Damn, you can say the stupidest things.... :roll:
Isn't that what Santorum said? :lol:
BadDog
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by BadDog »

Apparently, affected lisping has been going on since the 13th century.

"Somewhat he lisped his words, in playfulness,
To make his English sweet upon his tongue "
-- The Canterbury Tales

This is used to describe a "wanton" friar -- who's a bit of a dandy. (This character is straight but I can see how the association of a lisp with a merry wanton dandy could have evolved into a "gay" affectation.)

I suspect it developed as an aid for recognizing "fellow travelers" in a largely closeted society.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

WTF is a "tisk"? You mean the talk with their tongue in their teeth so the "t's" and other letters are tisked? Listen to the news. Many of the people in the "literary" groups or news have that same sound. BUBBA is guilty of that "sound" for sure, but it is his education and upbringing. Don't know where it comes from, but it is there.

Why many gays have it? Who knows, but why ask. Most gays that have it are feminine in their gestures so maybe that is it. My experiance is, One I know is gay, tisk, feminine. Another is gay, non feminine and a prick. His OTHER is gay, tisk and feminine for sure, but makes a GREAT martini.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?