Blown up Iraqi jet

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
yeti
Powderhound

Blown up Iraqi jet

Post by yeti »

Left over from Clinton's Wag the Dog bombing campaign, then shot up by the 101st as they swung through the neighborhood a few years ago...

There are all kinds of neat sights out here.
Thanks for the mammaries! (.)(.)
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Very kool Yeti. Stay safe out there!
yeti
Powderhound

Post by yeti »

One thing is for sure - I have been stripped of many notions concerning topics that are casually bandied about on this board.

I was flying from (somewhere) in a CH-47 the other night. 150 knots about 50 feet off the ground at night. Sitting the the back just jawing with some 20 year old soldiers about the various females on post. We generally leave the doors and emergency exits wide open now to facilitate faster egress. Talk about spectacular. Then a rocket came flying right across the open rear cargo ramp and exploded about 20 feet aft. The small arms fire from the brush looks like flash bulbs as we roar by.

After some of that, get get to where we are going, are assigned a hootch, and watch movies on our laptops. The next morning email friends, and begin a mission brief to go out and kill the guys shooting at us (rockets fired at coalition aircraft merit a strong response).

It is surreal in some ways, in other ways it is like Groundhog Day the movie. The same thing over and over.
Thanks for the mammaries! (.)(.)
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Stay safe Yeti. Atomic was just telling me yesterday about a person from his ski house who is no longer around because she was a soldier and had to return to Iraq. Would have liked to wish her well if I had known.
MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

Definitely surreal. E-mail is wonderful. Thanks for keeping in touch Yeti!