BMMC Recap

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

girlskiier
Beginner On Rentals

BMMC Recap

Post by girlskiier »

Thanks to all of you who made my BMMC memorable. I wanted to be the first to post, since unfortunately, I am also the first to leave Killington this weekend. I have to be at work in Manhattan by 9am Sunday, so I am on my way.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Great day out there today. First, the skiing. Bright blue skies, cool temperatures - probably around 30 early, 40 later - and the first year in several without liquid precipitation. It was, as one would expect, very firm early. I got out closer to 10:30 and it was still pretty fast and firm on Rams Head and Snowdon. The Glades were dust on crust around 11:00 or a little later although East Fall was softening. Headed over to Bear around 11:30 or so and easily found KZone's set up. Had a brew and some chow, headed back out for some more runs, Bear Trap to Bear Claw and Skye Burst to Bear Claw. Much softer, bumps forming, and as you'll see in the pics, cover thinning rapidly. Headed back to the KZone group for a couple of hours, then took one more run with Panelman and friend on 4 Way down to Great Eastern to Falls Brook (there are a couple of other trail names along that route - I just can't remember them) as we all decided that our legs didn't have much left, either due to lots of skiing or lots of partying. Found my way back to the KZone crowd for an additional brew, a little background music by Blue Oyster Cult, and finally headed home around 4:30 via the OL chair to Great Eastern to the Snowshed Crossover and down to Bloodshed for a bus ride home. Ski home trail is officially toast.

As for the partying, thanks to all the folks who got out early and grabbed a good location, got the set up going, and brought all the food and drink. I have no idea where my donation of food ended up, having given it to Stormchaser the night before. I assume it went to assembled multitude but I never saw it. Of course, all the other food supplies I ate were great, including an excellent burger, marinated shrimp, a pork kabob and, without a doubt, the vodka jello boob I hungrily nibbled. Pics follow..

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/558448748YSaPOm
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Ski-N-Sail
Wanted Poster

Post by Ski-N-Sail »

Why'd you piss off Snow Princess Bubba? Nothing worse than having a 6 yo flip you the birds. :lol:

Image :lol:
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Since I totally hate it when people talk behind their hand, I must be wipeing(sp) the snot off my nose :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good time had by all in our group - thanks to the early-birds for getting out there and setting it all up!!!! Dork - you rule!!!

P.S. Oh, and just an observation . . . . but our site was on the "trail" off Falls Brook, and our group left skis way outside our site into the middle of the trail - may want to watch that next year 8)
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

Nice meeting you Mrs G.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

SPORE wrote:Nice meeting you Mrs G.
You too SPORE . . . and Shizzle - nice meeting you too - stop by Bay1 tomorrow . . . you can too SPORE, if you want to :wink: :wink:
Finn
Postaholic

Post by Finn »

Had a great time at K Zone party. Thanks for the great food samples..hope you enjoyed whatever I contributed.
Enjoyed meeting and hanging out with you all. Nice to meet new zoners and see the old ones.

I started skiing at 8:30 am on main mountain, canyon area, glades snowdon, then to super star and back to cascade-firm but oh so good. over to Bear via superstar the back way to bear trap-bear claw, okay early. around 11:30 am so suprised that #1 was just coming down the course. party..ski again dreamaker over to cruise then bitter then back to up ss chair and the back way to bear-much softer and lots on people, snow shed cross over to dream maker then bear claw real soft sandy snow. Another food stop then back up and out cruise , bitter and to the car.....by then the legs were screaming
shizzle
Bumper

Post by shizzle »

It was great meeting a bunch of you folks, too! Will probably be at Pico tomorrow to say ciao for the season. Hope to catch up with y'all again in Bay 1.
Went for some snow and after returning the lure of BOC was too much-got up this close...

Their fingers were turning red from the cold!
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

It's always nice meeting new people. I also enjoyed riding the chairs with you and skiing with you. Come back and visit with us again. Bay 1 on the weekend officiially starts tomorrow.
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

hey great meeting all the k-zoners i did and thanks for the hospitality.
the food was great!
the sun was great.
the vibe was great!
cheers!

MORE SUNDAY!!!
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

All this time I thought shizzle was a guy...

I actually like being the one to obtain the campsite. Source of pride for me.

Thanks to C (can't remember his KZone handle) for coming with me yesterday morning and helping out a lot.

Thanks to Mr Moose for bringing the 8 bales of hay, we only needed 4 but it was cool to get a lot of the 1st one down the back of my shirt.

Nice meeting some new zoners including girlskier (I got called by work yesterday at around 3 PM, as if i'm gonna respond the them...)

Cool having a bunch of TGR folks hand at the campsite, thank to Steve for putting the nickel change stickers up on the KZone sign. those will remain permanently.

Thanks to Ty for preparing a bunch of stuff for all to eat

Thanks to a lot of friends of people who helped out with the grilling, and of course SheCanski who took her usual turn at the grill (excellent shrimp)

Thanks to a bunch of folks for lugging stuff up the hill, and MtnMan for bringing the tent (didn't need it this year)

Oh, the story of the finger by Snowprincess? She had hurt it somehow and I asked her to show it to me. She raised it just like that. Bubba and I were dying laughing, she didn't know what she did. Bubba had to take a pic of it.

Sorry to those of you I forgot to mention. I know a bunch more folks helped out a lot with stuff.

Iceman got a 4.27 because he fell off the first jump. Strange course this year, the first kicker was almost immdediate. Apparently the guy at the starting line told him not to do a 3 on the 2nd kicker because it was too icy. Late, his friend Max landed the 3 and got a 13.79. I'll post both their runs on Youtube when I get back to broadband.

Fun day.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
Keithus
Slalom Racer

Post by Keithus »

Yesterday was sure a good one.
Great weather, fine folks, and a heckuva campsite. Nice job 'dork!
It was nice putting some more KZ names with real names with faces.

I thought the skiing was also wonderful, especially early when it was still hard and fast.

Fell into some family obligations (my mother in law is moving up this weekend) so never made it back for BOC. :cry:
shizzle
Bumper

Post by shizzle »

If it helps, I am quite the tomboy.

Next weekend is the Farewell to the All4One season pass road trip to Maine, so I'll miss y'all next weekend, but the next weekend, I'll be there! Thanks to all for your wonderful hospitality!
Eski
Postaholic

Post by Eski »

t'was nice to meet up again with some familiar folks, thanks for providing a friendly place to take a load off ... wound up closing out Pico today and ran into Pizza-Pizza for some late day glade frolic ... using the last of SkiVT pass tomorrow at Okemo, on the way back home ... never been there so Ill get to judge it for myself ... sad to see the season winding down
Mtn Man
Guru Poster

Post by Mtn Man »

Here's the link to Bead's and my pics.
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/558469302YsLQiU

It was great to see the Kzone/TGR folks come together for a good time and great weather. It was about damn time that we got a good one!

B)
Mmmmmm, sidecountry....