sad day for conservatives

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
GladeMasterB
Blue Chatterbox

sad day for conservatives

Post by GladeMasterB »

I've always like the writings of Peggy Noonan but this article defines precisly my feeling about the White House I supported and the President who I have now lost all respect for. First it was Harriet Myers. Then it was the Daubi ports fiasco. Now he's insulting conservsatives concerned about the amnesty bill. I remember how proud I was of him in the early days prior to 9/11 and for the few years after. I never thought he would turn on conservatives like this. :cry:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/pnoonan/
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

great article, thanks for sharing
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

My sentiments exactly ... it's disgraceful that GWB calls himself a Republican ... truth be told, his spending is much more in line with Democrats.

The Republican party needs help.
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

Waah, waah, waah. Peggy Noonan needs to stop wanking off to her framed, signed picture of Ronald Reagan and realize that the problems of the Republican Party in 2007 go WAY beyond one simplistic, arrogant, ill-informed idiot and his henchmen occupying the West Wing.
"Default on aug 3rd just like clown lips said."
-- Racist Maddie, finally revealing himself as the hateful racist that he really is

"The rest of your post is something my pathetic little mind can't even remotely fathom."
-- Racist Maddie: uncut, uncensored, unedited and unhinged

"when is JG gonna figure out that since i OWN HIM, there is no need to respond to him"
-- tellitlikeheiwishesitwas, stumbling into a new way to handle being publicly called out for lying: a clumsy duck and weave with a dollop of self-delusion

"blah blah Okemo is awesome blah"
-- SkippyShill, in an accidental moment of misplaced clarity

"Go f*** yourself."
-- StreetSkippy, who be hatin' on tha haters
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:My sentiments exactly ... it's disgraceful that GWB calls himself a Republican ... truth be told, his spending is much more in line with Democrats.

It's a disgrace that most Republicans call themselves Republicans.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:My sentiments exactly ... it's disgraceful that GWB calls himself a Republican ... truth be told, his spending is much more in line with Democrats.

Ah Duh jibblett...GW is one of the most liberal leaders America has ever seen....take a step out side the box and look at it 180 degs...GW Sucks Ass!
robrules
Poster Child Poster

Post by robrules »

Republicans / Democrats, who cares, they are all politicians one in the same. No matter if there is a D or R next to a candidates name, you can know one thing is for sure - they are in it for themeselves and will screw you in the end, no matter what.

By having a two party system, gov't and those in power makes it seems like you have a choice, you don't, so you might as well put your head down, go to work, and do what you think is right for yourself, your friends, and your family and ignore the politicians- its not like you can change anything - you'll just get yourself more and more angry. In the end you will only be remembered by those who love you - the gov't doesn't love you, they only love your money.
people with the snobords smokes the funystuffs
millerm277
Postaholic

Post by millerm277 »

robrules wrote:By having a two party system, gov't and those in power makes it seems like you have a choice, you don't, so you might as well put your head down, go to work, and do what you think is right for yourself, your friends, and your family and ignore the politicians
So, vote for a third party, the more votes they get, the more legitimate they become in the public's eyes.
Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

millerm277 wrote:
robrules wrote:By having a two party system, gov't and those in power makes it seems like you have a choice, you don't, so you might as well put your head down, go to work, and do what you think is right for yourself, your friends, and your family and ignore the politicians
So, vote for a third party, the more votes they get, the more legitimate they become in the public's eyes.
BINGO joel liberman for prez.....
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

Bling Skier wrote:
millerm277 wrote:
BINGO joel liberman for prez.....
Or even "Joe Lieberman". Seriously, either guy will work out just fine.
"Default on aug 3rd just like clown lips said."
-- Racist Maddie, finally revealing himself as the hateful racist that he really is

"The rest of your post is something my pathetic little mind can't even remotely fathom."
-- Racist Maddie: uncut, uncensored, unedited and unhinged

"when is JG gonna figure out that since i OWN HIM, there is no need to respond to him"
-- tellitlikeheiwishesitwas, stumbling into a new way to handle being publicly called out for lying: a clumsy duck and weave with a dollop of self-delusion

"blah blah Okemo is awesome blah"
-- SkippyShill, in an accidental moment of misplaced clarity

"Go f*** yourself."
-- StreetSkippy, who be hatin' on tha haters
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

BigKahuna13 wrote:

It's a disgrace that most Republicans call themselves Republicans.
Repuclican by party, Conservative by choice. Problem is, there is no other way to have a voice within the parties. You can be Independent or Libertarian, but you have no voice in the primaries so you lose half of your ability to have any voice. Of course you could register as a Democrat and vote for the biggest loser, but ain't that how Bill Clinton got elected?
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?