Dobbs on the Money again ... rips Bush and Kennedy

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Bubba wrote:You really come across as a simpleton on occasion, you know that?
Sure do, but I can only speak to what I know. Where are the numbers, Bubz?
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

nancie2k wrote:it seems to me that he actually read the bill, which neither one of us has done.
And a Congressman who's for the bill is gonna say just the opposite. Why do you choose to believe one over the other?
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Bubba wrote:You really come across as a simpleton on occasion, you know that?
Sure do, but I can only speak to what I know. Where are the numbers, Bubz?
Oh ye of little intellect.....

Here are some easily available numbers, quoting from the U.S. Department of Justice · Office of Justice Programs
Bureau of Justice Statistics

The FY 2004 National Drug Control Budget reflects a significant restructuring from prior years. The drug budget now contains only those expenditures aimed at reducing drug use, rather than those associated with the consequences of drug use. The requested drug control funding amount for FY 2008 is approximately $12.9 billion. Budget figures presented here reflect this restructuring.

Total Federal drug control budget
(in millions)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FY 2001 final 9,467.0
FY 2002 final 10,646.4
FY 2003 final 11,083.3
FY 2004 final 11,867.4
FY 2005 final 12,644.3
FY 2006 final 12,999.2
FY 2007 estimate 13,128.1
FY 2008 request 12,961.4

Of those totals, the following apply to 2006 - 2008 in order:

Domestic law enforcement 3,474.7 3,597.0 3,652.2
Interdiction 3,285.6 3,372.9 3,292.1
International 1,434.5 1,356.2 1,399.3

For comparison purposes, in FY01, asset seizures totaled $425 million.

That's Federal only, not including (to the best of my knowledge) military budgets such as the Coast Guard and the Army which are also active in drug enforcement and interdiction. These figures don't include state and local level activity at all.

Ummm.......in the intellectual and factual game of chess, you have been checkmated in one move.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
nancie2k
Slalom Racer

Post by nancie2k »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
nancie2k wrote:it seems to me that he actually read the bill, which neither one of us has done.
And a Congressman who's for the bill is gonna say just the opposite. Why do you choose to believe one over the other?
they don't say the opposite-they just don't tell you about these parts of the bill. Menendez had an editorial in the paper and none of these things were mentioned.
it is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it :)
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

nancie2k wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:
they don't say the opposite-they just don't tell you about these parts of the bill. Menendez had an editorial in the paper and none of these things were mentioned.
Seriously. You'd be much better off reading the thing yourself and drawing your own conclusions.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

nancie2k wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:
Your post didn't comment on provisions of the bill dealing with aliens from outer space. Should I conclude, therefore, that the bill does or doesn't include such provisions?

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
nancie2k
Slalom Racer

Post by nancie2k »

Bubba wrote:
nancie2k wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:
Your post didn't comment on provisions of the bill dealing with aliens from outer space. Should I conclude, therefore, that the bill does or doesn't include such provisions?
Bubba wrote:
You really come across as a simpleton on occasion, you know that?

:roll: :twisted:
it is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it :)
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

nancie2k wrote:
Bubba wrote:
nancie2k wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:
Bubba wrote:
You really come across as a simpleton on occasion, you know that?

:roll: :twisted:
LOL.....I was only pointing out that you can't draw any conclusions from what someone doesn't say.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Bubba's new "to-do" list:

a.) Rip several bongs with XJ
b.) Drank a case of beer with XJ
c.) Repeat a and b
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Bubba's new "to-do" list:

c.) Repeat a and b
Sounds like you are maintaining the part line. When's church?

Shame, scanned this thread and seems like ...... nah, I'm not going to say anything that would get me roped into this nonsense.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
GladeMasterB wrote:70 - 80 % of the American people say STOP. This is not the bill we want passed but the know-it-alls on the hill think we are all stupid. 84 % of Republicans oppose the bill and 55 % of DEMOCRATS oppose it. It seems simple to me. All the American people are asking for is to secure the borders first and then deal with the folks here already.
At one point a large portion of the American population was for slavery. Did that make it right?
What did Lincoln say when he woke up after a three day drinking spree?
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

junior wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:
GladeMasterB wrote:70 - 80 % of the American people say STOP. This is not the bill we want passed but the know-it-alls on the hill think we are all stupid. 84 % of Republicans oppose the bill and 55 % of DEMOCRATS oppose it. It seems simple to me. All the American people are asking for is to secure the borders first and then deal with the folks here already.
At one point a large portion of the American population was for slavery. Did that make it right?
What did Lincoln say when he woke up after a three day drinking spree?
"Andrew, why is there a condom hanging out of my a$$?"
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

CAPBOY wrote:

c.) Repeat a and b

Shame, scanned this thread and seems like ...... nah, I'm not going to say anything that would get me roped into this nonsense.
Huh? "Part line"? Drinking again?
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
CAPBOY wrote:

c.) Repeat a and b

Wow, first the IGP and now the ISP shows up. That being said, check your tense in the post, future or pat bra? Put the beer bong down and regenerate some brain cells.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

CAPBOY wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
CAPBOY wrote:

c.) Repeat a and b

Wow, first the IGP and now the ISP shows up. That being said, check your tense in the post, future or pat bra? Put the beer bong down and regenerate some brain cells.
.... not following you what-so-ever man. IGP? ISP? Pat Bra? No idea what you're talking about.

Beer bong, now that I understand ... 4th is around the corner, no way I'm putting it down just yet!