Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Harpoon22
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Harpoon22 »

Geoff wrote:
Harpoon22 wrote:
laseranimal wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Harpoon22 wrote:I'm all for preferred parking for the old and handicapped. Otherwise get there early and take your chances. And don't block cars in or close off lanes because you can't walk another 100 feet. We had to "move" a car once to get someone out after some noodle head parked 5 feet off her bumpoer in the middle, Saabs are surprising light by the way. My problem with preferred anything is it leads to more and more preferred stuff. Stratton has the "i'm rich so i can cut the line pass" . Do we need more of that kind of stuff? Do we really need to give K managment more ideas on how to suck extra money out of us?
I have no problem with preferred parking or valet parking or anything along those lines that allows the person who wants to pay significantly extra to get some benefit or convenience. Why not?
because it creates a two tied system between those that can afford and those that can't

much as I understand that thats the way the world works I still don't have to like it

:lol:
Exactly my thoughts. And although I can afford it, it brings something to skiing that i don't want to see. Displacing those who can't afford it. Next it's cutting the line like Stratton or why don't we just turn K private with a 1/2 million buyin?
When do YOU get shut out? If paid parking gets popular, the price goes up , (supply and demand) . When does it bother YOU? When people are paying 50 bucks and it's you that has to go park elsewhere. I like the prime parking just like everyone else, thats why I drag my ass out of bed and get there early. Maybe I'm missing the boat . BTW, i also go nuts when healthy people take up the handicapped spaces too.
[img]http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/ ... mmer_sickl
e_clean.png[/img]

Nice touch....made me think.....still think it's wrong. tell me the free markets are really that. Corruption and influence peddling are rampant, I like simple concepts and stupidly believe that hard work should pay off. I can get you some bernie sanders stickers if you like......... :D
laseranimal
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by laseranimal »

Geoff wrote:

actually communism would give us all our own spots, but the Politburo and other important people would have Bay 1 spots :D

so it really wouldn't be any different, except that politburo leaders bribe each other. Preferred parkers just pay the mountain.
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.

John Muir
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Harpoon22 wrote:Nice touch....made me think.....still think it's wrong. tell me the free markets are really that. Corruption and influence peddling are rampant, I like simple concepts and stupidly believe that hard work should pay off.
Free markets are really that ... and I'm living proof that hard work pays off!
Harpoon22
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Harpoon22 »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Harpoon22 wrote:Nice touch....made me think.....still think it's wrong. tell me the free markets are really that. Corruption and influence peddling are rampant, I like simple concepts and stupidly believe that hard work should pay off.
I admire anyone who works to get what they want and you're right to a certain extent about free markets. Truly free markets work fairly well to regulate themselves. But if you follow business news and politics you also realize that corruption is commonplace. And everyone knows people who got jobs, not thru hard work but thru nepotism,cronyism, or some other "ism". It's not the parking deal per se that bothers me, but what it could lead to. Putting more deals in place for those willing to pay.
spinmaster
Bumper

Post by spinmaster »

millerm277 wrote:@cmfvrt...you guys still going to agressively attempt (and fail), to go after people who ski closed trails?
It is really pretty simple: Ski/ride closed trail = losing pass! What part of this is not crystal clear?
spinmaster
Bumper

Post by spinmaster »

Highway Star wrote:
cmfrvt wrote:Parking, dare I say, "etiquette," will become a much higher priority this winter than any of you are accustomed to seeing at KL. Scanning of lift tickets and passes (all over the mountain), along with management of lift mazes will also be under the microscope with expectations for dramatic improvement. And finally, enforcement of the Skiers Responsibility Code will be consistent and black and white with no room for interpretation.

These items have been communicated to me on several occaisions now by Mr. Nyberg.
Is this going to negatively effect my skiing experience Dave?

Care to elaborate on that?
It is really pretty simple: Ski/ride closed trail = losing pass! What part of this is not crystal clear?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Harpoon22 wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
I admire anyone who works to get what they want and you're right to a certain extent about free markets. Truly free markets work fairly well to regulate themselves. But if you follow business news and politics you also realize that corruption is commonplace. And everyone knows people who got jobs, not thru hard work but thru nepotism,cronyism, or some other "ism". It's not the parking deal per se that bothers me, but what it could lead to. Putting more deals in place for those willing to pay.
It wasn't easy to get where I am today and I learned a lot along the way.

Yes, the markets aren't "truly" free. We have the SEC and other organizations regulating markets/products/etc. We have Sarbanes-Oxley that help to prevent disasters like Enron, etc. In all of these cases, people are paid-off, people are bribed, etc. That's something we'll always see and while you and I don't like it, that's just a factor of our daily lives.

Favoritism is really crappy, but I don't see it too often in hiring, but more so in the promotions area. If someone is the most qualified person in the office, but everyone hates that person. Does it make sense to promote this person to manager of the office where everyone hates him? With that said, sometimes it's not favoritism, but it could easily look that way (especially to the John Doe everyone hates).

I can understand your disgust between the "can" and "can-nots", but should we make xbox 360's cheaper so the kid with the poverty ridden parents can afford one? Yes? No? Where do we stop it from here?

I'm not an insensitive person, but I just feel that if there is a market for something, you should push it to the max. If someone gave you 1,000 bottles of water and says "We've done market research and you can sell all 1,000 bottles with pricing set at $5 for each bottle", would you really turn around and sell it for $3 to be fair?
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

spinmaster wrote:
Highway Star wrote:
cmfrvt wrote:Parking, dare I say, "etiquette," will become a much higher priority this winter than any of you are accustomed to seeing at KL. Scanning of lift tickets and passes (all over the mountain), along with management of lift mazes will also be under the microscope with expectations for dramatic improvement. And finally, enforcement of the Skiers Responsibility Code will be consistent and black and white with no room for interpretation.

These items have been communicated to me on several occaisions now by Mr. Nyberg.

Same 3-strike system?
ImageImageImageImage
spinmaster
Bumper

Post by spinmaster »

Stormchaser wrote:
spinmaster wrote:
Highway Star wrote:

Same 3-strike system?
I'll make it a bit more clear!

Enforcement of the Skiers Responsibility Code will be consistent and black and white with no room for interpretation = 1 strike!
Ski/ride closed trail = losing pass!
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

spinmaster wrote:I'll make it a bit more clear!

Enforcement of the Skiers Responsibility Code will be consistent and black and white with no room for interpretation = 1 strike!
Not that I'm for it, but I'm pretty surprised there was ever a three-strike system.

At Vail, I got my pass clipped first strike.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Not that I'm for it, but I'm pretty surprised there was ever a three-strike system.

Season pass or day ticket? Ski with someone on a day ticket on a closed trail, and they lose their $80 day ticket while you lose your $1000 pass? How's that right?
ImageImageImageImage
laseranimal
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by laseranimal »

are we still considering certain "unmarked" areas that may or may not exist somewhere on the mountain to be "riding on a closed area/trail" which could theoretically if such areas existed result in loss of a pass?
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.

John Muir
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Stormchaser wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Season pass or day ticket? Ski with someone on a day ticket on a closed trail, and they lose their $80 day ticket while you lose your $1000 pass? How's that right?
Day pass. It sucks regardless, but you signed up for it when you got the ticket :?
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Day pass. It sucks regardless, but you signed up for it when you got the ticket :?

Day ticket/lose it - season pass/3 strikes has always been the policy at K.
ImageImageImageImage
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Stormchaser wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Day ticket/lose it - season pass/3 strikes has always been the policy at K.
Spinmaster can you please clarify this for us? As Stormy said, previously it used to be three strikes before your pass got pulled for the season.