Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

spinmaster
Bumper

Post by spinmaster »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Not that I'm for it, but I'm pretty surprised there was ever a three-strike system.

At Vail, I got my pass clipped first strike.
Season pass or day ticket? Ski with someone on a day ticket on a closed trail, and they lose their $80 day ticket while you lose your $1000 pass? How's that right?
Day pass. It sucks regardless, but you signed up for it when you got the ticket :?

Day ticket/lose it - season pass/3 strikes has always been the policy at K.
Spinmaster can you please clarify this for us? As Stormy said, previously it used to be three strikes before your pass got pulled for the season.
What is not clear?

Enforcement of the Skiers Responsibility Code will be consistent and black and white with no room for interpretation = 1 strike!
Ski/ride closed trail = losing pass!
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Not that I'm for it, but I'm pretty surprised there was ever a three-strike system.

At Vail, I got my pass clipped first strike.
Season pass or day ticket? Ski with someone on a day ticket on a closed trail, and they lose their $80 day ticket while you lose your $1000 pass? How's that right?
Day pass. It sucks regardless, but you signed up for it when you got the ticket :?

Spinmaster can you please clarify this for us? As Stormy said, previously it used to be three strikes before your pass got pulled for the season.
Tom....

If that is indeed the new policy, I suggest you put that in the FAQ on the pass web page for everyone to see.

Is there going to be a zero tolerance policy for anything else that we should be aware of before we buy passes?

Thank you.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
spinmaster
Bumper

Post by spinmaster »

Highway Star wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Stormchaser wrote: Season pass or day ticket? Ski with someone on a day ticket on a closed trail, and they lose their $80 day ticket while you lose your $1000 pass? How's that right?

Tom....

If that is indeed the new policy, I suggest you put that in the FAQ on the pass web page for everyone to see.

Is there going to be a zero tolerance policy for anything else that we should be aware of before we buy passes?

Thank you.
If this is a concern for you in buying a pass, then maybe you reconsider your options!
laseranimal
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by laseranimal »

HS its ALWAYS been that way, nothings really changing except the enforcement

Last years Pass, if you flip it over:
By use of this card, holder agrees to follow Your responsibility code. Card holder agrees to be bound by Terms and Conditions of use. This card is the property of the issuer and must be returned upon request. Going beyond any rope line, closed area, boundary or skiing not in control may result in loss of skiing privileges for the season

simmer down everyone, I'm sure Tom's not going to come in to a public forum where everyone knows his identity and position and tell us all that we can duck any rope we want and ski any trail we want regardless of its status. That'd be moronic for him to espouse something like that.

I'm sure they're just tightening up the language and trying to keep people off of high visibility closed trails like Fiddle and Ovation, and if you're going to poach something like that you really don't have any right to bitch about getting your ticket/pass pulled.

As for the inherent unfairness of pulling an $80 lift ticket or $1000 pass for the same offense, yeah it sucks royally but as a Whiteface patroller told me once "if you've got a pass, you should know the rules better then a $80 day ticket buyer" Its totally unfair but thats the way it is sometimes
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.

John Muir
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

laseranimal wrote:HS its ALWAYS been that way, nothings really changing except the enforcement

Last years Pass, if you flip it over:
By use of this card, holder agrees to follow Your responsibility code. Card holder agrees to be bound by Terms and Conditions of use. This card is the property of the issuer and must be returned upon request. Going beyond any rope line, closed area, boundary or skiing not in control may result in loss of skiing privileges for the season

simmer down everyone, I'm sure Tom's not going to come in to a public forum where everyone knows his identity and position and tell us all that we can duck any rope we want and ski any trail we want regardless of its status. That'd be moronic for him to espouse something like that.

I'm sure they're just tightening up the language and trying to keep people off of high visibility closed trails like Fiddle and Ovation, and if you're going to poach something like that you really don't have any right to bitch about getting your ticket/pass pulled.

As for the inherent unfairness of pulling an $80 lift ticket or $1000 pass for the same offense, yeah it sucks royally but as a Whiteface patroller told me once "if you've got a pass, you should know the rules better then a $80 day ticket buyer" Its totally unfair but thats the way it is sometimes
No, THAT IS A VERY MATERIAL CHANGE IN POLICY, NOT IN-LINE WITH THE NORMS OF EAST COAST SKIING.

If you're ok with a mountain treating you like a child, so be it.......that's absolutely absurd.

I see tons of kids out there poaching.....they're going to have tons of pissed off yuppie parents on you hands.

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
laseranimal
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by laseranimal »

Highway Star wrote: Last years Pass, if you flip it over:

No, THAT IS A VERY MATERIAL CHANGE IN POLICY, NOT IN-LINE WITH THE NORMS OF EAST COAST SKIING.
You can debate the norms of East Coast Skiing, and for the most part I'll agree with you, but its not a change in policy since thats last years language. Last year they just CHOSE to make the enforcement of it 3 strikes whereas this year its 1, the law hasn't changed, the penalty has

Highway Star wrote: If you're ok with a mountain treating you like a child, so be it.......that's absolutely absurd.
You use their lifts, you play by their rules......thats how it works kiddo

Thats why on the ninth day after getting tired of skiing inbounds and dealing with bureaucratic BS, God invented touring bindings and skins so he didn't have to be treated like a child.

Highway Star wrote: I see tons of kids out there poaching.....they're going to have tons of pissed off yuppie parents on you hands.
I see TONS of people in NY state driving while using cell phones or speeding in school/work zones....still doesn't change the fact that they're all breaking the law........

I'm sure killington constantly has yuppie parents all pissed off at them......comes with the territory :wink:
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.

John Muir
Clutch
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Clutch »

spinmaster wrote:
What is not clear?

Enforcement of the Skiers Responsibility Code will be consistent and black and white with no room for interpretation = 1 strike!
Ski/ride closed trail = losing pass!
The skiers responsibility code is anything but black and white. The first and second bullets in many situations contradict the third and fourth. It sounds like half the collisions at K you guys will be able to throw out both parties.

I can't wait to see the ambassadors at the top and bottom of snowshed enforcing bullet 7.

Bullet 5 couldn't possibly be more vague.

Bullet 6 is the only clear one of the seven

For reference
* Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
* People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
* You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
* Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
* Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
* Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
* Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

What's the difference between an angry yuppie parent and an angry parent?
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:What's the difference between an angry yuppie parent and an angry parent?
The size of the SUV?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:What's the difference between an angry yuppie parent and an angry parent?
The hourly rate of the lawyer they'll hire after getting a season pass pulled.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Benny Profane
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Benny Profane »

Mr Spinmaster, what will the penalty for lighting up a bong in the gondola?
Zed's dead, baby, Zed's dead.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

WHAT DO YOU CALL THIS???

FROM LAST YEAR:

http://www.killingtonzone.com/forums/vi ... sed+trails
spinmaster wrote:Sorry laseranimal, you lose!
This is really a simple question to answer. If you ski or ride on a closed trail you not only endanger yourself, but our staff as well if they have to go onto a closed trail to rescue you. Ski Patrol decides when to open and close trails. If you get caught skiing on a closed trail by a patroller, ambassador, office staff - including myself - we will punch your pass or ticket. If you already have a punch in your pass or ticket, then you day is over, and for that matter, maybe your week or season.
Yes, we will be looking for poachers on Ovation, Devil's Fiddle and other areas that are closed. So consider this a friendly reminder of the closed trail policy!
At least things were somewhat sane under ASC..... :roll:

Benny Profane
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Benny Profane »

How 'bout a few bong hits and a hummer in the gondola?
Benny Profane
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Benny Profane »

Ok, Ok, I'll get serious. What's the penalty for being some a-hole yuppie from Long Island who had 5 beers for lunch (at one of your fine mountainside dining establishments, of course), and proceeds to click into his way too big GS skis and mows down a few young children somewhere. All in bounds, of course.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Bubba wrote:
The hourly rate of the lawyer they'll hire after getting a season pass pulled.
You mean they might debate what "may" may mean?