Killington Ministar & Superstar Ski School Prices!!!

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Chaz
Beginner On Rentals

Killington Ministar & Superstar Ski School Prices!!!

Post by Chaz »

Hi!

I saw the post that the Winter site was up and checked out the prices on Ski School for my Sons 4&7 .

UNF****** REAL

Ministars $180 on the weekend and Holiday ( was about $100 last yr)
Superstars $ 130 on the Weekend $180 on the Holiday ( About $90 last yr?)

I cant do this.

I want my kids to ski but I cant justify $360 per day.

Sorry for the rant.

Chaz
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

$180 / day????? Includes what, skis, lunch and lessons? sh*t, we go for a week to Maine for $92 includes it all for 5 days. I know we paid more for a holiday at K, but $180 / day? Another loss of business for K and the ski industry. Unreal!
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Ski-N-Sail
Wanted Poster

Post by Ski-N-Sail »

Yeah, based on what my son skied last year, it will cost about $3,600 for Ministars/Superstars and that's with their 20% discount.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Jeeez, that's a TON of money. Wonder what the profit margin is? Doubt the instructors make much more than $10 an hour ... I'll have to ask my buddy.
Ski-N-Sail
Wanted Poster

Post by Ski-N-Sail »

They say they are limiting it to 5 kids per instructor, but I don't think the ratio last year was that higher, maybe 6 or 8. Many times they would send two instructors with a group of 10 or 12.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Ski-N-Sail wrote:They say they are limiting it to 5 kids per instructor, but I don't think the ratio last year was that higher, maybe 6 or 8. Many times they would send two instructors with a group of 10 or 12.
Two years ago ... an instructor send a kid on the lift with me. Kid must have been 4 or 5, kid cried the whole time because it was so cold. I waited at the top for about 20 mins when the instructor finally came ... you won't catch me paying anyone that amount for that service. Unless, of course, it's my buddy or someone who has been recommended.
Dr Z
Powderhound

Post by Dr Z »

That is plain robbery. No way the grandkids get the benefit of lessons up there this year. Looks like I be spending ,more time locally.

These guys are out of control.

I am - entertainment for the lift line!
Chaz
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Chaz »

It's unfair.

Skiing is a great family sport.

There is only so much money.

Chaz
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Chaz wrote:It's unfair.

Skiing is a great family sport.

There is only so much money.

Chaz
Just a thought, is that the price at Pico as well? If not, put them in lessons over there. It's a nice little mountain.
b-5
Wanted Poster

Post by b-5 »

OMG killington bending the little ones over the fence and teaching them what man love feels like????
SAY IT AIN'T SO! UNREAL
Chaz
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Chaz »

I allways put my son at Pico. The ski school is much smaller.My son knows all the instructers names and the teacher student ratio is 2-3 to 1.

Last year Ski school was the same price at both areas.

Chaz
HelmetCam
Postaholic

Post by HelmetCam »

Its strange that they don't post prices for ministars (<=6 yrs old) that don't include equipment.

My son did ministars last year but brought his own equipment - I think it was roughly $100 a day.

Now that he's 7 he is in the "superstars" program. $130 a day (without rental) or $180 (with rental) .

$50 a day for rentals??? you can get a season rental for $100 at ski shops down here.

~30% increase. ouch. But in line with our season pass price increases.
pcgrantham
Poster Child Poster

Post by pcgrantham »

I would think the ideal business model is to make it reasonable for kids to learn to ski or snowboard at an early age so they have that customer for life. If it's too expensive, the parents are going to say the heck with it and go to disney.

What are the prices at nearby resorts?
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

HelmetCam wrote:Its strange that they don't post prices for ministars (<=6 yrs old) that don't include equipment.

My son did ministars last year but brought his own equipment - I think it was roughly $100 a day.

Now that he's 7 he is in the "superstars" program. $130 a day (without rental) or $180 (with rental) .

$50 a day for rentals??? you can get a season rental for $100 at ski shops down here.

~30% increase. ouch. But in line with our season pass price increases.
Thats gotta be some sort of mistake. Take a look at Mon-Fri, the "with rental" and "without rental" price is the same.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
DrJeff
Poster Child Poster

Post by DrJeff »

The no season pass issue for the kids programs is a big negative too!

I know that for my kids in the kids programs at Mount Snow, under Peaks, the daycare season pass price for my 2 year stayed the same, while they consilidated the childcare and ski school portions for my 4 year old thus SAVING me around $500 over what it would have cost me last year for her for the same program.

Last year the prices at K vs. Mount Snow for my kids would have had K being around $500 less than MS for season daycare/ski school passes. This season, if my kids were in the K program vs. Mount Snow's my wife and I would be shelling out around $3000 MORE than we will be at Mount Snow :shock: