Jesse Jackson: Obama's 'acting like he's white'

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
icedtea wrote:When you strip away an entire culture from a diverse group of people it is going to take time to remedy such a tragedy. You're great-grandfather was not a slave, you can probably find out where your ancestors come from. You have a basis to go on.

Of course it is always up to the individual to be responsible for their own actions, but take into account the base certain people are coming from.

You probably are not racist but you definitely are not sensitive to what other individuals go through.

I don't know what your "African-American" friends say, but my best friend found out just about 5 years ago that his last name comes from the owner of the plantation his family were slaves on. Kind of different take then what most "white" people get from their family lineage.
I'm not disagreeing with you but if you go back far enough, pretty much to the time just before the Reniassance you'll find it wasn't to terribly different for white Europeans. Hell peasants didn't even warrant last names in most cases, it was just "John from such-and-such place" or
"Gregor the miller".

that is what i was trying to get at, give it some time....in 200 years we will all be some hybrid race anyway
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

icedtea wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:
icedtea wrote:When you strip away an entire culture from a diverse group of people it is going to take time to remedy such a tragedy. You're great-grandfather was not a slave, you can probably find out where your ancestors come from. You have a basis to go on.

Of course it is always up to the individual to be responsible for their own actions, but take into account the base certain people are coming from.

You probably are not racist but you definitely are not sensitive to what other individuals go through.

I don't know what your "African-American" friends say, but my best friend found out just about 5 years ago that his last name comes from the owner of the plantation his family were slaves on. Kind of different take then what most "white" people get from their family lineage.
I'm not disagreeing with you but if you go back far enough, pretty much to the time just before the Reniassance you'll find it wasn't to terribly different for white Europeans. Hell peasants didn't even warrant last names in most cases, it was just "John from such-and-such place" or
"Gregor the miller".

that is what i was trying to get at, give it some time....in 200 years we will all be some hybrid race anyway
I agree. At some point soon no one will be pure anything anymore.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

BigKahuna13 wrote:

"Gregor the miller".
Vinny the chin?