Pay by the bed at okemo?

Post share and ski house listings, short/long term rentals and home/condo sales
TLonginotti4KTon
Blue Chatterbox

Pay by the bed at okemo?

Post by TLonginotti4KTon »

I stay at the Turn of the River Lodge and rent one bed on weekends for $32 on non holidays, which is great. This year I am going to buy the Okemo season pass, or think I am, have not decided. Anyway, does anyone know of a place where you rent a bed for the night near Okemo?
Thanks.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Re: Pay by the bed at okemo?

Post by tyrolean_skier »

TLonginotti4KTon wrote:I stay at the Turn of the River Lodge and rent one bed on weekends for $32 on non holidays, which is great. This year I am going to buy the Okemo season pass, or think I am, have not decided. Anyway, does anyone know of a place where you rent a bed for the night near Okemo?
Thanks.
How about Dr. NO's place? It's not a hotel or motel but he is located in Rutland and equidistant to both K and Okemo.
Snowjob
Poster Child Poster

Post by Snowjob »

A TORL / Killington regular bailing to Okemo? You'll have to check in during the season and report your experience as compared to the Big K.

I don't know what he's up to this year with his ski house, and you could PM Token Boarder. He has a nice place close by Okemo. He might be keeping it private this year, but you could ask.
TLonginotti4KTon
Blue Chatterbox

Well, I have been a regular at Kton for years and not Okemo. However, I want to change it up a bit this year (plus okemo is 30 min closer from Hartford, ct)(I did 30 day trips last year, so it adds up!). I used to buy the ASC pass and visit Sugarload and Sunday River every year, can't do that this year. Okemo seems to have a better value. Furthermore, I love kton and find it hard to bail, but things change.

Anyway, I spoke with Dr. No and hes not doing beds this year, just rooms, too pricey for one guy. Thanks for the responses.

Although I will ski Okemo/Stratton this year, Kton will always be my MT of choice, and I am still young......

And I feel weird posting these things about okemo on this site, but okemo does not have anything like it.....this gives me an idea.....

FYI, I have not fully decided on Okemo vs. Kton, I just need to find a deal at Okemo like the $32 a night....if I don't.....Kton it is, cause I want to do a ton of weekend trips rather than day trips.

THANKS!
Snowjob
Poster Child Poster

Post by Snowjob »

Have you tried Token Boarder?

Click on:

Find User Name
Token*

Like I said, he may tell you he's not doing that this year, but it's worth a shot. Close to the mtn., nice place, nice people. Give it a shot.
Token_Boarder
Bumper

Re: Pay by the bed at okemo?

Post by Token_Boarder »

TLonginotti4KTon wrote:I stay at the Turn of the River Lodge and rent one bed on weekends for $32 on non holidays, which is great. This year I am going to buy the Okemo season pass, or think I am, have not decided. Anyway, does anyone know of a place where you rent a bed for the night near Okemo?
Thanks.
Send me a PM
I'm just here to say things like "bling bling", and "ant no t'ang"
Snowjob
Poster Child Poster

Post by Snowjob »

Hey Token:

Can I rent by the hour if I visit Okemo and want to stop by for a snooze at the end of the day? :lol:
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Bed depends upon you wanting the Bed for the season or Bed for the night / weekend. I have available night beds, but as Ty said it is about 30 minutes to either K or P-Okemo-N.

You could join a ski club and rent a bed in one of the houses. Mt. Laural is in Proctorsville. Several club members from CT have houses and rent beds in the area. I think the council page has a chat, and I am sure some of the clubs also have chats so you could check it out. Also, watch for club Open Houses in October and November for better info.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
TLonginotti4KTon
Blue Chatterbox

Thanks for all the great info.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Sikorsky Ski Club in Ludlow accepting new members.

House holds 38 people with a full kithchen and 4 bathrooms.

$2,400 gets you a lifetime share and full year usage.

PM me if you need more info...
Where is Happy Hour ?