oops--- wrong forum :wink:
1918 lives
DMC
Post Office

Re: 5 minutes

Post by DMC »

1918 wrote:and Randy will don the pinstripes for the first time :D

Loved the street altercation on the news last night..

Welcome to NY Mr Johnson...
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Re: 5 minutes

Post by Skibumtress »

1918 wrote:and Randy will don the pinstripes for the first time :D

WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RipeBanana
Slalom Racer

Post by RipeBanana »

Congratulations, you just overpaid for a pitcher with no cartlidge in his knee and who will be 44 when his contract expires. Nice work. All it cost you was a young pitcher with a high ceiling, and a couple of your best prospects...and any financial flexibility you had to sign anyone else (Carlos Beltran).
Two sniffs, a snort, a fly, a turn and a grunt; and it was so simple like the jitterbug it plumb evaded me.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

RipeBanana wrote:Congratulations, you just overpaid for a pitcher with no cartlidge in his knee and who will be 44 when his contract expires.
Who's probably going to get the crap kicked out of him at a NYC bar and loose more teeth then David Wells in the fight...
2pink1stink
Slalom Racer

Post by 2pink1stink »

I guess accutane & retin-a hadn't been invented yet when randy was a teenager. how bad must his acne of been to leave scars like that? scary.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

2pink1stink wrote:I guess accutane & retin-a hadn't been invented yet when randy was a teenager. how bad must his acne of been to leave scars like that? scary.
Maybe it was dioxin poisining? Like the Ukrain dude...
mogulbandit
Blue Chatterbox

Post by mogulbandit »

RipeBanana wrote:Congratulations, you just overpaid for a pitcher with no cartlidge in his knee and who will be 44 when his contract expires. Nice work. All it cost you was a young pitcher with a high ceiling, and a couple of your best prospects...and any financial flexibility you had to sign anyone else (Carlos Beltran).
DIDO!!!!!!
Go Big or Go Home
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

mogulbandit wrote:
RipeBanana wrote:Congratulations, you just overpaid for a pitcher with no cartlidge in his knee and who will be 44 when his contract expires. Nice work. All it cost you was a young pitcher with a high ceiling, and a couple of your best prospects...and any financial flexibility you had to sign anyone else (Carlos Beltran).
DIDO!!!!!!
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

mogulbandit wrote:
DILDO!!!!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock:
RipeBanana
Slalom Racer

Post by RipeBanana »

DMC wrote:
mogulbandit wrote:
DIDO!!!!!!
Haha, you beat me to it
Two sniffs, a snort, a fly, a turn and a grunt; and it was so simple like the jitterbug it plumb evaded me.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

RipeBanana wrote:
DMC wrote:
mogulbandit wrote:
DIDO!!!!!!
Haha, you beat me to it
Would you hit that?
RipeBanana
Slalom Racer

Post by RipeBanana »

DMC wrote:
RipeBanana wrote:
DMC wrote:
mogulbandit wrote:
DIDO!!!!!!
Haha, you beat me to it
Would you hit that?
Roger that
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

[quote="RipeBanana"]Congratulations, you just overpaid for a pitcher with no cartlidge in his knee and who will be 44 when his contract expires. Nice work. All it cost you was a young pitcher with a high ceiling, and a couple of your best prospects...and any financial flexibility you had to sign anyone else (Carlos Beltran).[/quote]

Um....I think you might want to check your source on the financial flexibility statement. The reason why the Yankees passed on Beltran is that he would have cost significantly more then his yearly salary which I believe would have been around 14 million a year. You need to take into consideration the Luxary Tax that the Yankees will be paying next year of 40%. That would push his salary up over 20 million.

The Yankees simply showed restraint and didn't over pay for an average played. The Mets paid 17 million a year for a 20-30HR, 100 RBI and 30SB's.

Trivia Question: Which Team had the highest salary that has won a world series?
2pink1stink
Slalom Racer

Post by 2pink1stink »

SPORE wrote:
Um....I think you might want to check your source on the financial flexibility statement. The reason why the Yankees passed on Beltran is that he would have cost significantly more then his yearly salary which I believe would have been around 14 million a year. You need to take into consideration the Luxary Tax that the Yankees will be paying next year of 40%. That would push his salary up over 20 million.

The Yankees simply showed restraint and didn't over pay for an average played. The Mets paid 17 million a year for a 20-30HR, 100 RBI and 30SB's.

Trivia Question: Which Team had the highest salary that has won a world series?
97 marlins.