44%
No
56%

Total votes: 41

laseranimal
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

If you knew then what you know now.....

Post by laseranimal »

with all the information you have now would you still buy a Killington pass for the upcoming season?

I know the poll is flawed as there is no Andyzee option
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.

John Muir
whiteout
Wanted Poster

Post by whiteout »

i'm not lettin pwdr run me out of town....at least not this year.
double the powder and shorten the fuse!
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Re: If you knew then what you know now.....

Post by andyzee »

laseranimal wrote:
I know the poll is flawed as there is no Andyzee option
FU!

And in answer to your question, I didn't like it when Powdr took over, but decided to give them one more year to see what happens. I was thinking of poor ole Dr. No when I made this decision.
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
Steve
Wanted Poster

Post by Steve »

there is no option for people who had already decided not to buy a pass before K-mart gave us MORE reasons for not buying a pass.

-steve
millerm277
Postaholic

Post by millerm277 »

Assuming the information about Skyeship Stage I is correct, definitely no.
whiteout
Wanted Poster

Post by whiteout »

millerm277 wrote:Assuming the information about Skyeship Stage I is correct, definitely no.
like a broken record....you're as negative as that kid from brigewater is upbeat.....tell ya what, i'll by your cheapo, bargain basement, mid-week pass from you just so we don't have to listen to you effin moan anymore.
double the powder and shorten the fuse!
b-5
Wanted Poster

Post by b-5 »

whiteout wrote:
millerm277 wrote:Assuming the information about Skyeship Stage I is correct, definitely no.
like a broken record....you're as negative as that kid from brigewater is upbeat.....tell ya what, i'll by your cheapo, bargain basement, mid-week pass from you just so we don't have to listen to you effin moan anymore.
HEY!
roark
Blue Chatterbox

Post by roark »

Steve wrote:there is no option for people who had already decided not to buy a pass before K-mart gave us MORE reasons for not buying a pass.

-steve
In the same boat. Sneaux pass + Magic (work exchange), I'll only hit K if they're open early/late or I score a sweet deal... like there will be any of those @ K this year... :roll:
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

I love my place, and love to ski Killington. I think the dishonesty (and I don't use that word lightly) with which they've marketed their plans is appalling, and don't understand how they can expect to recover. I have always told my children the most valuable thing they own is their good name. Credibility cannot be bought, and in any tough competitive market, should not be frivolously squandered for short term gain. And that is exactly what these fools have done. Let me be clear: I do not think they have lied (but I'm sure many will disagree). However they have withheld information and allowed their customers to assume facts about how they would operate that they obviously knew to be false. Sorry, that is dishonest.
Snowjob
Poster Child Poster

Post by Snowjob »

Right down the middle! 9 to 9 before I vote. Well, it will be 10 to 9 after this vote.

I think it was Stormchaser who wrote "Killington Rocks!" Well, it does; it's easily one of the top 5 in the east. I was in then and I'm in now.

Gosh, I just wish E2M wasn't so cheap. For Pete's sake - 3 million. And Snow is just about spending double that amount. The buzzwords are they want to reduce the herd, er, visitor count and gain a greater percent per skier visit. They'll have to stick a crowbar in their wallet and pry out more to invest in the place before it gets back to where it should be so the audience they are seeking shows up.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

I actually did not buy a pass and now I'm glad that I didn't. With the ridiculous increase in the price of daycare, there is no way I would be able to make the pass pay for itself.
Wild Bill
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Wild Bill »

Not looking to good for Killington next year.
KBL Ed
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by KBL Ed »

I got the black out pass and used $120 edge dollars towards its purchase, so you can't really beat that, even with the new regime.

Ask this again next year.
Es war sehr schoen.
Over ten years... not including RSN or K-Chat. Way too much time wasted.
Smell you later.