More wonderful Killington news

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

nyc snowboarder
Green Skidder

More wonderful Killington news

Post by nyc snowboarder »

I would like to add that killington management has decided not to use the heat in the gonadlas anymore.

It is official that lower GE will be closed on weekdays. I spoke with a Lifty supervisor and he told me it is true.

Only 25 internationals will be working at K this season. Last year they had 100 .

This will be the last season of coopers cabin, and the tree from the storm is still blocking the path back to upper ridge run

Also I saw Mr Nyberg having lunch today at the peak lodge with SP land People and they werent eating the food they serve up there. He had his food brought in from Ovations Restaurant all catered. Funny that he cant eat the food that we have to eat up there.

Also Ovation has been mowed but they still left all the weeds on skiers right,
Valley Plunge still hasnt been mowed
Intercepter is thicker now then ever, not cut

http://gallery.mac.com/nycsnowboarder#gallery pictures from 10/5
Last edited by nyc snowboarder on Oct 6th, '07, 00:54, edited 2 times in total.
Gangsta Rider
Postaholic

Post by Gangsta Rider »

Destroying all the brand had going for it really quickly.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: More wonderful Killington news

Post by Mister Moose »

nyc snowboarder wrote:I would like to add that killington management has decided not to use the heat in the gonadlas anymore.

Also I saw Mr Nyberg having lunch today at the peak lodge with SP land People and they werent eating the food they serve up there. He had his food brought in from Ovations Restaurant all catered. Funny that he cant eat the food that we have to eat up there.
Killington, 3,050 feet of vertical, but only on weekends. Sigh.

I think someone should send a note to various newspapers and magazines on the management ordering out. Speaks volumes. Sort of like (I forget who it was) being the multi million dollar Pepsi spokesman, and photographed drinking Coke.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

Mister Moose wrote:
nyc snowboarder wrote:I would like to add that killington management has decided not to use the heat in the gonadlas anymore.

Killington, 3,050 feet of vertical, but only on weekends. Sigh.

I think someone should send a note to various newspapers and magazines on the management ordering out. Speaks volumes. Sort of like (I forget who it was) being the multi million dollar Pepsi spokesman, and photographed drinking Coke.

I don't know if you've eaten Ovations food. Unless the new owners have changed things, serving catered Ovations food to SP Land people doesn't exactly ensure your job security. Of course, Ovations food is at least better than the sure firing you'd get if you served them Killington cafeteria food. I've heard the guy who used to run KBL is now Food and Beverage Manager. Cullinary school grad? Nope. Any food industry experience? Nope. So much for taking the resort upscale. Deer Valley it ain't.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Was at a local ski shop yesterday.
The guy tells me that the Wobbly Barn is being torn down?

That can't be true :o
Where is Happy Hour ?
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

RustyK wrote:Was at a local ski shop yesterday.
The guy tells me that the Wobbly Barn is being torn down?

That can't be true :o
It got too wobbly ;-)
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

It is official that lower GE will be closed on weekdays. I spoke with a Lifty supervisor and he told me it is true.
heat in the gondis not a big deal.

not opening lower GE weekdays just doesn't seem right. i can't believe they would do such a thing. you want to attract ski week families (who you can gouge the hell of) and you close the best gaper family ski together run on the mtn?? say what you will but GE is one of killington's most important attractions - a 5 mile novice run from the summit. usually a bit of a nuthouse on weekends but on weekdays it can provide families a wonderful ski experience. if indeed what you say is true then these guys don't have a clue what this place is all about.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
BeantownFlyer
Beginner On Rentals

Post by BeantownFlyer »

This is from the horse's mouth:

Upper Skyeship lift starts December 21st. 7 days a week until March 30th.

Lower Skyeship Lift and Lodge will open on December 27th through January
6th, every day. Thereafter, Lower Skyeship Lift and Lodge will be open on
Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays only until March 30th (closed M-Th), but
will be open with added days of for MLK on Monday, January 21st and during
the week with President's Week (February 18-22).
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

for crying out loud, these guys have no idea what the f*** they are doing to Killington.....maybe they want to operate it at a loss for some reason.

Tom , Dave, I really feel sorry for you guys......Id hate to be the one that has to basically lie to everyone and try to put a positive spin on all this negative sh*t coming from these nimrods. Can we put a hit on these dick smacks?

Time for some bring back Pres Smith shirts to wear around the mountain...

SP land..I just figured out what the SP stands for...Sucker Punch
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

It's amazing that it's come to this (and I hope it turns around) but I'm almost ready to print up some "Bring Back Les Otten" t-shirts...

:roll:

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
skifaster
Poster Child Poster

Post by skifaster »

Do these assholes even ski?
Damn, they are making Sunapee look like Deer Valley...
"Audaces Fortuna Luvat” Fortune Favors the Bold...
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

well, arent they just a bunch of real estate dick heads from Texas? I know Powdr isn't, but E2M is. Do they even have any idea of the bad PR that Powdr is creating? I'll be amazed if they ever break ground on the village
Steve
Wanted Poster

Post by Steve »

wow..

holy sh*t, that is unreal.

T&D, whether you secretly agree with these inane actions or not, it must utterly suck to be constantly trying to put a positive spin on this disaster.

i'm really starting to feel sorry for you guys. i'm not sure i'd be able to handle it..
skifreak
Beginner On Rentals

Post by skifreak »

They sure as hell are not catering to the few faithful, here. They are catering to the masses. They'll still get the folks who make weekend trips to the great 'K'. Doubt any of those 'customers' will be as disappointed as any of the people of have been coming to the mountain with the intention to seriously ski and ride.
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

skifreak wrote:They sure as hell are not catering to the few faithful, here. They are catering to the masses. They'll still get the folks who make weekend trips to the great 'K'. Doubt any of those 'customers' will be as disappointed as any of the people of have been coming to the mountain with the intention to seriously ski and ride.
huh?

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage