Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Watching the Marines storm the terrorist compound in LA while Jack was taking them out one by one after saving the Sec Def - made me proud to be an American...

It was a great 15 minutes of television...

They dedicated the episode to a Marine...

I love that show...
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: 24

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

DMC wrote:Watching the Marines storm the terrorist compound in LA while Jack was taking them out one by one after saving the Sec Def - made me proud to be an American...

It was a great 15 minutes of television...

They dedicated the episode to a Marine...

I love that show...
I'll have to agree....it's a great show. I work when it's on but I plan on getting the series on DVD

E
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

I haven't seen prime time TV in like 2 years working nights, But my favorite military scene is in black hawk down when The rangers run out on to the heli-pad and start loading the Blackhawks and Little birds, then they start cranking Stevie ray vaughns version of voodoo child while they are flying over the coast. A few of the guys that were in that unit were my instructors when i was in army Ranger School, they taught us a lot.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Pedro wrote:I haven't seen prime time TV in like 2 years working nights, But my favorite military scene is in black hawk down when The rangers run out on to the heli-pad and start loading the Blackhawks and Little birds, then they start cranking Stevie ray vaughns version of voodoo child while they are flying over the coast. A few of the guys that were in that unit were my instructors when i was in army Ranger School, they taught us a lot.
Dude... You would LOVE 24..... It's insane...
Hey Jude
Black Carver

Post by Hey Jude »

This show is GREAT! Pedro, if you love Blackhawk and those types of movies you'd surely enjoy 24. I know the first season is out on DVD, if you get a chance you should rent it or buy it, you won't be disappointed. It's well written & produced.
Girly, tough is not enough!
Hey Jude
Black Carver

Post by Hey Jude »

Oh, and DMC, I agree, that whole scene whent he Marines storm the terrorist compound in LA was great. Also, thanks for explaining about the dedication at the end. I had received a phone call during the last part of the show and I just caught the memorial shot, but didn't get a chance to read it, so I was wondering what it was about.
Girly, tough is not enough!
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Hey Jude wrote:Oh, and DMC, I agree, that whole scene whent he Marines storm the terrorist compound in LA was great. Also, thanks for explaining about the dedication at the end. I had received a phone call during the last part of the show and I just caught the memorial shot, but didn't get a chance to read it, so I was wondering what it was about.
Same here - saw the memorial shot, but missed the dedication, thanks DMC 8) Good show :wink:

Why is this in the political thread :?:
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Hey Jude wrote:Oh, and DMC, I agree, that whole scene whent he Marines storm the terrorist compound in LA was great. Also, thanks for explaining about the dedication at the end. I had received a phone call during the last part of the show and I just caught the memorial shot, but didn't get a chance to read it, so I was wondering what it was about.
Same here - saw the memorial shot, but missed the dedication, thanks DMC 8) Good show :wink:

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

MrsG wrote:

Why are you double posting? :lol:
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

MrsG wrote:Same here - saw the memorial shot, but missed the dedication, thanks DMC 8) Good show :wink:

I'm not sure why I posted this here... Most likely because I expect some backlash due to my anti Iraq "war" sentiment... Which I hope I don't because I'm really honoring these guys...

The dedication was for Lt. Col. David S. Greene
http://www.militarycity.com/valor/282437.html

I'm assuming that he was part of the whole Marine chopper scene.. There were a few choppers used... It was great television...
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

DMC wrote:
MrsG wrote:Same here - saw the memorial shot, but missed the dedication, thanks DMC 8) Good show :wink:

I'm not sure why I posted this here... Most likely because I expect some backlash due to my anti Iraq "war" sentiment... Which I hope I don't because I'm really honoring these guys...

I'm assuming that he was part of the whole Marine chopper scene.. There were a few choppers used... It was great television...
I think we post this kind of stuff in here because the same people tend to be interested in discussing the same stuff.... and its not really ski related
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

DMC wrote:

I'm assuming that he was part of the whole Marine chopper scene..

There were a few choppers used... It was great television...
Thanks . . . and for the pic too!! Sorry for the double post - thought you used to be able to delete in "edit" . . . but no :?: . . . maybe that is why there have been more double posts lately :?

Again, thanks DMC 8)
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

I agree - great show. Bin Laaden would be toast and we would be out of Iraq by now if we had Jack Bauer on the case. Isn't his dad the guy who owns the JB houses at Killington?

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Ty and myself never watched 24 before.

She decided to rent 3 DVD's and Friday, episodes 1 - 12 of season 4 (kidnapping of Sec of Def.)

God - we're freakin hooked. We couldn't shut the damn TV off.

It's a great way to watch the episodes, BTW.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

I just started watching it too. TiVo episodes whenever they come on.

Right now I'm going through the thread where they tried to nuke LA. Don't know where that fits in the 24 timeline........
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre