Hey boarders...

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

spanky wrote:
DMC wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:As a skier I must admit I have tried and succeded on spraying,actually covering Boarders with snow who are camped out in the middle of a trail.
As a boarder I actually have done the same - if they are in my way..

You gotta be careful doing it to skiers though... Boarders take a while to stand up and start after you... Skiers are already standing and ready to get ya...
Spray them with snow? That's childs play. I've gone as far as hitting their board with my skis. :)
Oh - come on - you've hit peoples skis with your skis before..
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Atomic1 wrote:
DMC wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:As a skier I must admit I have tried and succeded on spraying,actually covering Boarders with snow who are camped out in the middle of a trail.

You gotta be careful doing it to skiers though... Boarders take a while to stand up and start after you... Skiers are already standing and ready to get ya...
I had a boarder chase after me once so I stopped and waited for him!He said"You did that on purpose" and I said YUP>move your tea party to the side of the hill before you get hurt!
He stood there dumbfounded as I skied away!
Thats actually pretty funny...
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

DMC wrote:
andyzee wrote:
DMC wrote:
andyzee wrote:
Three cheers for Atomic1!!!!
booooooooooooooooooooooooooo for andyzee!!!
Baaaaaaaaaaaaa for DMC!!!!
WTF did I do??
Man - you Plattekill skiers live up to your reputation...
WTF did I do??
Man - you Hunter skiers live up to your reputation...
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

andyzee wrote:
DMC wrote:
andyzee wrote:
DMC wrote:
andyzee wrote: Three cheers for Atomic1!!!!
booooooooooooooooooooooooooo for andyzee!!!
WTF did I do??
WTF did I do??
I know you are but what am I!
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

DMC wrote:
andyzee wrote:
DMC wrote:
andyzee wrote:
DMC wrote: booooooooooooooooooooooooooo for andyzee!!!
WTF did I do??
WTF did I do??
I know you are but what am I!
A freakin mindreader, that's what you are. I was just thinking the same thing :lol:
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
massivslinky
Green Skidder

skiers have stealth

Post by massivslinky »

Use your nice silent and stealthy skis to get up on them and let em have it with an air horn. :twisted:

Then run (ski) like hell before they kick your A** :shock:

All the while doing you're best daffy duck impression as you run.
(woo hoo! hoo hoo!)
pcgrantham
Poster Child Poster

Post by pcgrantham »

As a hard core boarder, I hate when I come across Boarders hanging out in the middle of the mountain. I usually ask them to move to the side and show some consideration, to everyone on the mountian.
pcgrantham
Poster Child Poster

Post by pcgrantham »

spanky wrote:
DMC wrote:

Spray them with snow? That's childs play. I've gone as far as hitting their board with my skis. :)
That was you?
Slap Shot
Blue Chatterbox

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Try doing that at Mountain Creek and it won't work because most of them won't know how to get out of the way.

I was there on MLK weekend, and man was it crowded! No matter what trail I took there were people all around me. There were slow skiers weaving wiiide S turns, fast riders and skiers passing them, people colliding all over the place. I saw at least five wrecks, and there were probably a lot more. The whole mountain was like Hunter's Belt Parkway.

After a week of raain followed by a freeze, I thought the crew did a great job in recovering the trails to keep them from being skating rinks. The high speed lifts are good too, because the wait time was only like five minutes. The only problem was that the trails were just too crowded with too many people with all different ability levels. I saw one guy who must have weighed about 300 pounds skiing in an unbalanced position with the toes pointing inward, and he was just flying past people. He was like a runaway bulldozer.

At Mount Snow it's a different story. Last Saturday it was really crowded at all the lifts, but the trails are so wide and there are so many of them that I had a lot of room to breath. Sometimes I rode on a main front-face trail, and had the whole trail to myself.

I also found out that on the Bronze Pass blackout dates you can ski at HayStack (the smaller mountain next to Mount Snow) for five bucks. So on the next black out day I there!

-- Slap Shot
Gr8ful4snow
Black Carver

Post by Gr8ful4snow »

A very stupid man once said "Can't we all get along" I'm a skier I'm a boarder blah blah blah.Just ride what ever is under your boots.No spraying with your skis to cover boarders.No scraping your board to get skiers to move.Infact try talking to one another on the lift you might realize the other person is actually decent.I figure even a dum man like rodney talks long enough even he'll say something smart! :wink:
No sympathy for the devil;keep that in mind,buy the ticket take the ride.
Hunter S. Thompson
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

Shoot em all, let God decide....
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Gr8ful4snow wrote:A very stupid man once said "Can't we all get along" I'm a skier I'm a boarder blah blah blah.Just ride what ever is under your boots.No spraying with your skis to cover boarders.No scraping your board to get skiers to move.Infact try talking to one another on the lift you might realize the other person is actually decent.I figure even a dum man like rodney talks long enough even he'll say something smart! :wink:
ummm... That stupid man seems pretty smart... :) I espcially like the "Just ride what ever is under your boots." part...
You know it's not like I'm constantly making scraping noises to scare every unsuspecting intermediate skiers AND riders... Only sometimes..
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

DMC wrote:
Gr8ful4snow wrote:A very stupid man once said "Can't we all get along" I'm a skier I'm a boarder blah blah blah.Just ride what ever is under your boots.No spraying with your skis to cover boarders.No scraping your board to get skiers to move.Infact try talking to one another on the lift you might realize the other person is actually decent.I figure even a dum man like rodney talks long enough even he'll say something smart! :wink:
ummm... That stupid man seems pretty smart... :) I espcially like the "Just ride what ever is under your boots." part...
You know it's not like I'm constantly making scraping noises to scare every unsuspecting intermediate skiers AND riders... Only sometimes..
I hear a scraping noise behind me, I just aim my pole in that direction, bout eye level. :lol:

Andyzone.com
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

andyzee wrote:
DMC wrote:
I hear a scraping noise behind me, I just aim my pole in that direction, bout eye level. :lol:
ummmm - goggles? hello??
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

DMC wrote:
andyzee wrote:
DMC wrote:
ummmm - goggles? hello??
Gee, how'd I know you'd reply? Hope you got strong lenses on those goggles, hello?

Andyzone.com