Superbowl 39

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Superbowl 39

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

I'll be the first to say it.

We lost :oops: Eagles had a great chance at winning the Bowl but blew it. They easily dominated the 1st half...typical McNabb throwing bad passes when he's rushed at. Then again....he threw more than he should of. Overall, it was a great game to watch and I was happy that the game was so close considering how poor the Eagles offense played.

On another note.....if you really want to know how crazy Eagles fans are....they were out today in Eagles gear still chanting for them. Hundred's of fans greated the Eagles when they got off the plane from Jacksonville.

We truly are the best fans in football.

E
Dr Z
Powderhound

Re: Superbowl 39

Post by Dr Z »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I'll be the first to say it.

We lost :oops: Eagles had a great chance at winning the Bowl but blew it. They easily dominated the 1st half...typical McNabb throwing bad passes when he's rushed at. Then again....he threw more than he should of. Overall, it was a great game to watch and I was happy that the game was so close considering how poor the Eagles offense played.

On another note.....if you really want to know how crazy Eagles fans are....they were out today in Eagles gear still chanting for them. Hundred's of fans greated the Eagles when they got off the plane from Jacksonville.

E
I knew they were in trouble when McNabb had the happy feet thing going on dropping back for his first pass play. You can consistently judge his comfort by watching his feet on the drop backs.

Oh well, it was a good season. Remember, 29 other teams were watching the game from home. As we always seemed to be saying in Aggieland,"wait till next year".

I am - entertainment for the lift line!
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
The Patriots took away the run. It was pretty clear that their strategy was to deny the run and pressue McNabb into making mistakes. He tossed 3 INTs and had a fumble overruled and a 4th INT that was negated by an illegal contact penalty away from the play. If you watched New England play against Indy and Manning, they virtually never blitzed and lived in Cover 2. Against inexperienced and mistake-prone QBs, they tend to blitz and play man to man coverage. In New England, we had all those years of Bledsoe so we understand the agony of quarterbacks that run hot and cold.

With a more accurate passing game, the Eagles would have eaten New England alive. The Patriots had no answer to Westbrook and they were playing off the wide receivers so they were conceding the 5 to 8 yard pass.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: On another note.....if you really want to know how crazy Eagles fans are....they were out today in Eagles gear still chanting for them. Hundred's of fans greated the Eagles when they got off the plane from Jacksonville.

E
That is not unique to Eagles fans. If you are a true fan you will support your team win or lose. Note my signature even though my team did not make it to the big game.
TrailRider
Blue Chatterbox

Post by TrailRider »

It was a good day to ski the BIG K. Lots of sunshine.