Restaurant.Com deals at K. $25 gift certificates for $4!

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

RENO
Whipping Post

Restaurant.Com deals at K. $25 gift certificates for $4!

Post by RENO »

$25 gift certificate for $4 at Birch Ridge Inn, Casey's, Charity's, Grist Mill, Heli's, Hemingway's, Noel's, Outback & Tabu, Sante Fe, Vermont Inn and Wally's. Most you have to purchase minimum $35 dinner...
Obviously you can punch in many places in the US. Found a bunch in my area. Normally it costs $10 for each $25 gift certificate, but I found a coupon code ' SWEET ' for 60% off! Of course you only have until tomorrow 10/19 to use the code!
Just purchased $350 of gift certificates for $56. Bon Appetit!

http://www.restaurant.com/rdc_site.net/ ... &x=30&y=11
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Re: Restaurant.Com deals at K. $25 gift certificates for $4!

Post by johnny the jibber »

you should call whatever K establishments you are considering buying these gift certs for and make sure they are accepting them. i know some places that arent, but then again i dont see them listed on the website any longer...
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

johnny the jibber wrote:you should call whatever K establishments you are considering buying these gift certs for and make sure they are accepting them. i know some places that arent, but then again i dont see them listed on the website any longer...
Pretty legit website. Used them before and the certificates always worked. Plus, it's only $4 this time and not $10 like the others I've purchased...
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Says $10 now :?c . . . still a good price :-)
roark
Blue Chatterbox

Post by roark »

Mrs. G: use the code 'SWEET"

Thanks Reno
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

johnny the jibber wrote:you should call whatever K establishments you are considering buying these gift certs for and make sure they are accepting them. i know some places that arent, but then again i dont see them listed on the website any longer...

Good idea.

I know that in the past I had some of these and one place, the Lookout, refused to honor it.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

roark wrote:Mrs. G: use the code 'SWEET"

Thanks Reno
Thanks Roark :oops: . . . and Reno too :wink:
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

SnoBrdr wrote:

Good idea.

I know that in the past I had some of these and one place, the Lookout, refused to honor it.
yeah, figured i would let people know, but then again this is a "pretty legit website".
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

MrsG wrote:
roark wrote:Mrs. G: use the code 'SWEET"

Thanks Reno
Thanks Roark :oops: . . . and Reno too :wink:
You're all welcome! Remember the code expires tomorrow. Even if I never used the website before, I would still take the chance for $4 for a $25 certificate. The website says that they guarantee the certificate for 1 year from purchase. Gotta love the internet! :D
sLoPeS
Slalom Racer

Post by sLoPeS »

good stuff, good stuff.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
ski2Bsane
Blue Chatterbox

Post by ski2Bsane »

I just got $210 worth of gift cert. for $36. Some for Killington
and NYC. Pretty cool. Thanks, Reno!
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

I looked into this a little bit.

Apparently most poeple who have used this liked it, but have a warning. Be sure you do not sign up for the trial membership in "Shopping Essentials". Apparently it will be very difficult to rid your credit card of montly fees if you do. At the end of the purchase process there is a short survey and a block that says Yes. Do not click on that block. Be sure to click on the smaller one one that says "No Thanks".

Google "restaurant.com scam" for more info.

So thanks Reno.... but be careful.
salesmanny
Green Skidder

Post by salesmanny »

Restaurant.com is a legitimate operation that has been in business for a number of years. I buy coupons from them regularly and have been doing so for several years, and I've never had a problem. My wife and I just used one of the coupons here on Long Island this past Saturday night. I've already stocked up for the winter with coupons for the Killington area. I've always used these discount certificates in the NY metro area, so this will be the first time using them at Killington, but based on my experiences on Long Island, I don't expect there to be a problem at Killington.

Restaurant.com works as follows: you can buy certificates at "full price," which costs you $10 for a $25 certificate, but just about every week they send me an email with an offer at different discounts, with special codes for on-line purchases. Once you sign up and register with them, you'll start getting weekly emails offering these different discounts. I usually wait until the discount is 80% or 90%, and then I stock up big time. At a 90% discount, I pay $1 for a $25 certificate (that's 90% off the regular $10 cost). What's also really good is that you can buy certificates without having to name the specific restaurant, and by buying them at the heavily discounted price, you can redeem them any time. Several weeks ago I bought $500 worth of certificates for $20. Each time I want to redeem any of these coupons, I can do so and from that point on I'll have one year to use the new coupon. This is the best bargain in the world, and I highly recommend it! Here's another good thing about Restaurant.com: I had a $25 coupon for a restaurant that went out of business on Long Island (The Maine Maide Inn). When I called Restaurant.com and told them, they immediately offered to issue to me a credit for the amount of that certificate. I was issued a credit immediately, which I then redeemed for a certificate at a different restaurant. It worked perfectly and without any hitches.

One time I called them and asked how the participating restaurants could afford to offer such steep discounts, and what I was told surprised me. Restaurant.com keeps 100% of the money from the sale of the certificates. The participating restaurants don't make any money from the sale of the certificates, but they take the full hit of the discount. Anything Restaurant.com sells the certificates for is their profit. The restaurants benefit by getting new customers along with lots of good publicity and advertising in the process. In one sense, it's cheaper and more effective for the restaurants to offer these discounts than the cost of adverising in newspapers, and their return on investment is immediate and direct. One of my favorite restaurants on Long Island is one that we found as a result of Restaurant.com, and we now go there regularly. Thank you restaurant.com!

You should be aware that most of the certificates say that you can't use them more than once a month at the same restaurant, but if a group goes and each time the certificate is in someone else's name, they'll honor it. In the case of groups, you're better off buying a $50 certificate or larger, since you can only use one certificate per group or party.

I have never had a problem with restaurant.com, and over the course of the past several years I've easily saved a thousand dollars. Do I recommend trying it? You bet! I assume the Killington restaurants will honor these certificates just as the ones on Long Island do. Good luck!
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Can you use more than 1 certificate at a restaurant? For instance, if the total bill is $100 can you cover it all, or just $25 worth?
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Mister Moose wrote:I looked into this a little bit.

Apparently most poeple who have used this liked it, but have a warning. Be sure you do not sign up for the trial membership in "Shopping Essentials". Apparently it will be very difficult to rid your credit card of montly fees if you do. At the end of the purchase process there is a short survey and a block that says Yes. Do not click on that block. Be sure to click on the smaller one one that says "No Thanks".

Google "restaurant.com scam" for more info.

So thanks Reno.... but be careful.
I would hope most people are smart enough to click on the " No Thanks " after completing their order. :? I see this crap on a lot of legit websites when I purchase. They always popup something at the end after completing your order. Sometimes it's a survey. Sometimes it's a credit card offer with discount on your order (amazon, ebay, etc...), etc...
Restaurant.Com is pretty legit so people shouldn't worry about it. I've used it. I also purchase a shitload of stuff on the internet and wouldn't subject people to a scam site. WorkingAdvantage.Com recomends Restaurant.Com and this 60% coupon also, but your company has to be a member for you to get the coupon through them. They are used by thousands of companies for discounts.
https://www.workingadvantage.com/produc ... .352927540