Damage at K

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

SkiDork
Site Admin

Re: Damage at K

Post by SkiDork »

I also heard Ravine road is washed out... Gotta think access road has problems too, although no evidence/reports as of yet...
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
skiersleft
Powderhound

Post by skiersleft »

SkiDork wrote:I also heard Ravine road is washed out... Gotta think access road has problems too, although no evidence/reports as of yet...
Friend who lives next to Grist Mill reported minimal damage to access road businesses.
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

skiersleft wrote:
SkiDork wrote:I also heard Ravine road is washed out... Gotta think access road has problems too, although no evidence/reports as of yet...
Friend who lives next to Grist Mill reported minimal damage to access road businesses.
what about the actual road?
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
Mistergiff
Black Carver

Post by Mistergiff »

They posted this on facebook too - "For clarification, K-1 Base Lodge is not destroyed. The Superstar Pub portion of the K-1 Base Lodge, which is on a separate foundation, sustained the damage seen in photos."

-Hopefully the original portion of the lodge can be cleaned up and used in time for the season.

Also, anyone up in the area of Rustic Drive & Doubleday Hill? That's where our place is, wondering how bad it got in that neighborhood.
skiersleft
Powderhound

Post by skiersleft »

skiersleft wrote:
Friend just told me access road is fine. No damage. It's passable. Good to hear some good news.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

I guess there's no shot of getting the 100N to 107 to Bethel route open any time soon
Town of Pittsfield entirely cut off; they are making do "trying to kick through to Killington"
We just spoke to Pittsfield Emergency Manager Peter Borden, who has good/bad news to report from this small town north of Killington.

"We're glad to be alive!" he said. "The covered bridge in Pittsfield is gone, relocated. There are six hiouses cut in half or pushed off foundations. Roads are washed out. Route 100 bridges - center of town was buckled. Bridge at town garage -trying to get across now, had half a house stuck under it. No fatalities. Cemetery is eroded. Major water erosion everywhere."

On the other hand, he said the town met at 7:30 this morning and organized to relocate any elderly or sick people, and Borden says, "This town is rallying together. This town is trying to kick its way to Killington."

Fairpoint is online again - he had been cut off from all communication with the outside world overnight.

"This town is destroyed," he said. "We are totally landlocked. There is no way in , now way out. No bridges. But the town organized this morning at 7:30; we're digging our way out!"
http://rutlandherald.typepad.com/vermon ... lling.html
sLoPeS
Slalom Racer

Post by sLoPeS »

Got power back about an hour ago on the access road. looks like im stuck for a bit in Killington. the phat italian and market were packed this morning, cars parked on the access road, people stocking up. looks like major damage on rt 4 (multiple spots) and ravine rd after hole 3 was taken out. east mtn road looks bad too. behind the pickle barrel was a river yesterday. im not really sure what will happen. the roads, parking lots, etc. need serious repair.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
BigAirSkier1580
Bumper

Post by BigAirSkier1580 »

sLoPeS wrote:Got power back about an hour ago on the access road. looks like im stuck for a bit in Killington. the phat italian and market were packed this morning, cars parked on the access road, people stocking up. looks like major damage on rt 4 (multiple spots) and ravine rd after hole 3 was taken out. east mtn road looks bad too. behind the pickle barrel was a river yesterday. im not really sure what will happen. the roads, parking lots, etc. need serious repair.
Glad to hear you're back online. Make the best out of your island. It's going to be rough recovery.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

sLoPeS wrote:Got power back about an hour ago on the access road. looks like im stuck for a bit in Killington. the phat italian and market were packed this morning, cars parked on the access road, people stocking up. looks like major damage on rt 4 (multiple spots) and ravine rd after hole 3 was taken out. east mtn road looks bad too. behind the pickle barrel was a river yesterday. im not really sure what will happen. the roads, parking lots, etc. need serious repair.
Slopes do you know if there is any damage to the Glazebrook condos? We've been unable to get in touch with our maintenance people and are concerned because of our proximity to the Ramshead parking lot which I hear was washed away.
sLoPeS
Slalom Racer

Post by sLoPeS »

tyrolean_skier wrote:Slopes do you know if there is any damage to the Glazebrook condos? We've been unable to get in touch with our maintenance people and are concerned because of our proximity to the Ramshead parking lot which I hear was washed away.
my buddy said they are good, no damage.
sLoPeS
Slalom Racer

Post by sLoPeS »

i would add, that our neighbors water just came out black. gonna avoid tap water for awhile.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Rt. 7 from the Boston Herald...
Where is Happy Hour ?
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

spanky wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:East Mtn Road
emr.jpg
That's the same picture Rusty posted a few pages back as West Mountain Road (and the iReport has it as West Hill Road). Which is it?
RustyK wrote:http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-664497?ref=feeds/oncnn

Poor West mtn. rd....how the heck are they gonna fix that?

My bad, its west hill road
ImageImageImageImage
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Stormchaser wrote:
spanky wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:East Mtn Road
emr.jpg
That's the same picture Rusty posted a few pages back as West Mountain Road (and the iReport has it as West Hill Road). Which is it?
RustyK wrote:http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-664497?ref=feeds/oncnn

Poor West mtn. rd....how the heck are they gonna fix that?

My bad, its west hill road
West Hill, as in the shortcut road??
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
TheLurker
Bumper

Post by TheLurker »

SkiDork wrote:
skiersleft wrote:
what about the actual road?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2d0IGtOOBg