FEMA

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: FEMA

Post by madhatter »

johnny the jibber wrote:This is more bad info. Fema isn't in control. PLEASE DO NOT POST INACCURATE INFORMATION
Thanks in advance
A big problem in affected areas is bad info. Rumors and speculation that get relayed as fact cause lots of wasted effort by volunteers. Shumlin was basically campaigning. his convoy would have been more useful bringing in the things people needed instead of his lame " rah rah vt strong" BS. Personally none of my properties were affected. We did however spend the entire weekend ( before and during irene) digging water bars, clearing culverts etc to prevent washouts on our roads and driveways. We have our own backup power source on site so we were also unaffected in that aspect as well. My wife and I spent the week working w state police, forest service and other officials. Most if not all of the people in stockbridge/gaysville that wanted help got it. Now we are basically dealing with people who are upset that they aren't getting the answers they want to hear. Unfortunately if you live in a remote section of town with heavy damage and few residents the priority, beyond safety and evacuation, is low as far as road repairs and power restoration goes. There just aren't enough resources to do everything at once. Crews are concentrating on getting better routes out and hopefully soon we will have some routes that can be used to come back IN on a daily basis so that residents who need to go to work outside of town are able to.
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
rubigirl
Blue Chatterbox

Post by rubigirl »

johnny the jibber wrote:This is more bad info. Fema isn't in control. PLEASE DO NOT POST INACCURATE INFORMATION
Thanks in advance
I am going to say you are wrong because my info is from a very reliable source who the FEMA people told that they were taking control. Whether or not this was temporary due to impending threat of more r*in/damage may be disputable at this time but they did take "official" control. And why would this surprise you when this power grab is what they do.......its how they justify their existence its in their genes that is why they are called the Federal Emergency "Management" Agency.......they manage things. Just like the useless college boy who manages the construction company but can't drive a firggin Bobcat to save his own life. They micromanage everything and add little in the way of substantive assistance relative to the National Guard etc.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

rubigirl wrote:
Thanks in advance
I am going to say you are wrong because my info is from a very reliable source who the FEMA people told that they were taking control. Whether or not this was temporary due to impending threat of more r*in/damage may be disputable at this time but they did take "official" control. And why would this surprise you when this power grab is what they do.......its how they justify their existence its in their genes that is why they are called the Federal Emergency "Management" Agency.......they manage things. Just like the useless college boy who manages the construction company but can't drive a firggin Bobcat to save his own life. They micromanage everything and add little in the way of substantive assistance relative to the National Guard etc.
Partially true as far as fema effectiveness. but you need to understand it is a national agency thus when we got drops they were prepackaged long before Irene existed. We got tons of MRE's and bottled water we do not need here. Most has been re distributed via truck to other towns now so it still did help someone. Local officials working w private contractors are making the most immediate impact but the long term stuff will obviously be funded w state and federal money, equipment and management.
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

madhatter wrote:
rubigirl wrote:
Thanks in advance
Partially true as far as fema effectiveness. but you need to understand it is a national agency thus when we got drops they were prepackaged long before Irene existed. We got tons of MRE's and bottled water we do not need here. Most has been re distributed via truck to other towns now so it still did help someone. Local officials working w private contractors are making the most immediate impact but the long term stuff will obviously be funded w state and federal money, equipment and management.
While it will be Federal Money and State Funds to make repairs I recall an Earthquake in California where Unions and Government got the hell out of the way and awarded contracts to private companies. They in tern rebuilt most of the California infrastructure faster than the original highways had been constructed. They also managed to do this ahead of schedules and under costs. Maybe the money is good, but the management should step away.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Dr. NO wrote:
madhatter wrote:
rubigirl wrote:
Thanks in advance
While it will be Federal Money and State Funds to make repairs I recall an Earthquake in California where Unions and Government got the hell out of the way and awarded contracts to private companies. They in tern rebuilt most of the California infrastructure faster than the original highways had been constructed. They also managed to do this ahead of schedules and under costs. Maybe the money is good, but the management should step away.
AGREED
mach es sehr schnell

johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

rubigirl wrote:
Thanks in advance
say what you'd like but the info you originally posted is largely inaccurate.
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
rubigirl
Blue Chatterbox

Post by rubigirl »

Take it up with Paul Carroccio cause that is what he told me.
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

rubigirl wrote:Take it up with Paul Carroccio cause that is what he told me.
ive taken the issue up with multiple people. thanks.
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
rubigirl
Blue Chatterbox

Post by rubigirl »

johnny the jibber wrote:
Who? Give me names otherwise I will still have to consider you wrong.
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

rubigirl wrote:
johnny the jibber wrote:
Who? Give me names otherwise I will still have to consider you wrong.
Jesus Christ, you tin-foil-hat-wearin' freak. Give it a rest, already. Get away from your computer and go help a neighbor, or something.
"Default on aug 3rd just like clown lips said."
-- Racist Maddie, finally revealing himself as the hateful racist that he really is

"The rest of your post is something my pathetic little mind can't even remotely fathom."
-- Racist Maddie: uncut, uncensored, unedited and unhinged

"when is JG gonna figure out that since i OWN HIM, there is no need to respond to him"
-- tellitlikeheiwishesitwas, stumbling into a new way to handle being publicly called out for lying: a clumsy duck and weave with a dollop of self-delusion

"blah blah Okemo is awesome blah"
-- SkippyShill, in an accidental moment of misplaced clarity

"Go f*** yourself."
-- StreetSkippy, who be hatin' on tha haters
rubigirl
Blue Chatterbox

Post by rubigirl »

Wow you libs really live in la la land. I have already helped my neighbors and friends, fed my animals, and posted all kinds of useful info on this site (if you read my other posts) and yet all I have seen or heard from you is liberal blah blah blah
Finn
Postaholic

Post by Finn »

rubigirl...oh my gosh a "know-it-all" Do give it a rest.
Madhatter, JTJ thanks for your insights.
Now rubigirl -get a grip on yourself, shut off your computer and go outside and help someone new besides your self.
rubigirl must be trying to build up her/his posts with some many postings.

I find your information useless and self serving.

By working together with everyone Vt and K will get the roads re-built quickly.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Paul is your source on FEMA? WTF does he have to do with any of this?

To be frank, Paul owns a private company that in serving their Killington Resort contract couldn't get out of its own way. They've proven themselves to be incompetent and poorly managed, at least here. The resort has moved them out of managing services at their core condo developments due to promises made but largely unfulfilled. All talk, little action. And this is your reliable source claiming FEMA has come in and taken over? Jeez..... :roll:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

rubigirl wrote:Wow you libs really live in la la land. I have already helped my neighbors and friends, fed my animals, and posted all kinds of useful info on this site (if you read my other posts) and yet all I have seen or heard from you is liberal blah blah blah
Some of the people challenging your information are far from liberal, but if that's your best epithet in defense of tripe, so be it.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
rubigirl
Blue Chatterbox

Post by rubigirl »

Jersey has always been a lib. As for Paul he is still responsible for a tremendous amount of property in the area and so, I do not see why he would make stuff up. The Federal Disaster Declaration spontaneously puts FEMA in command on September 1st. Craig A. Gilbert has been named as the Federal Coordinating Officer for Federal recovery operations in the affected area. Gilbert said that damage surveys are continuing in other areas, and additional counties may be designated for assistance after the assessments are fully completed.