FEMA

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
rubigirl
Blue Chatterbox

Re: FEMA

Post by rubigirl »

Bubba wrote:
rubigirl wrote:After 85 years of not giving it to the federal government yes I do since it is peanuts compared to $14 trillion the federal government has amassed in debt on which we the people pay 300 times that amount in interest alone annually.
We pay 300 x $14 trillion annually in interest?
Oops that was not good but we do pay $300 billion in interest annually on the national debt :beat
UVSHTSTRM
Bumper

Post by UVSHTSTRM »

JerseyGuy wrote:
rubigirl wrote:Yes they can. This sudden state dependence on FEMA is pathetic. Our National Guard is quite capable as are the rest of the people of this state. FEMA is just posturing to make the agency seem needed. Ron Paul is right FEMA does not know our towns and communities better than we do and it needs to get the hell out of the way and let those who know the area pick up the pieces.
Fair enough. You don't get any Federal money, either. Dependence on that cash would, after all, be equally as "pathetic", right? Get FEMA and their money the hell out of the way!
It's not there money..........first sign you might be a liberal.....I only kid. :lol:
rubigirl
Blue Chatterbox

Post by rubigirl »

What would expect a Jersey Guy to be a libertarian? Come on let's have a toast to our liberal friends
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

rubigirl wrote:
Bubba wrote:
rubigirl wrote:After 85 years of not giving it to the federal government yes I do since it is peanuts compared to $14 trillion the federal government has amassed in debt on which we the people pay 300 times that amount in interest alone annually.
Oops that was not good but we do pay $300 billion in interest annually on the national debt :beat
Of which most is interest we pay to ourselves. Americans, either directly or through mutual funds, hold a great portion of the debt. I don't disagree that we need to get our budget under control - and sooner rather than later - but at least let's start out with facts.

As for FEMA, they're here at the request of Governor "Toucan", with funds, helicopters, personnel, etc. Our National Guard choppers are overseas so we've had to get help from New Hampshire and Illinois Guard units, something that can only be done through the Feds. FEMA participation has its good points and bad points but they're going to pick up 75% of the infrastructure repair cost with the state and locals picking up 12.5% each.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
rubigirl
Blue Chatterbox

Post by rubigirl »

The money can still be sent without them taking control away from our local government
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

rubigirl wrote:The money can still be sent without them taking control away from our local government
You mean the local government that is doing such a great job right now? Until today, it has been private contractors making temporary road repairs and clearing paths. CVPS built the temporary road around the washout in Mendon. Are those Vermont state helicopters flying in supplies? Are MREs coming from Montpelier? Seems like you have an ideological axe to grind right now without regard to what's working in practice.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
rubigirl
Blue Chatterbox

Post by rubigirl »

I agree Mosher et al are the best. In fact, I have more confidence in myself and my neighbors than I do in the state or federal governments. But at least the local government knows us, knows the area and most importantly, because they all live here too, they have a vested interest.
rubigirl
Blue Chatterbox

Post by rubigirl »

Bubba wrote:
rubigirl wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Of which most is interest we pay to ourselves. Americans, either directly or through mutual funds, hold a great portion of the debt. I don't disagree that we need to get our budget under control - and sooner rather than later - but at least let's start out with facts.

As for FEMA, they're here at the request of Governor "Toucan", with funds, helicopters, personnel, etc. Our National Guard choppers are overseas so we've had to get help from New Hampshire and Illinois Guard units, something that can only be done through the Feds. FEMA participation has its good points and bad points but they're going to pick up 75% of the infrastructure repair cost with the state and locals picking up 12.5% each.
As lonjg as we are being accurate about the debt:

As of January 2011, foreigners held 47% or $4.45 trillion of the $9.49 trillion of U.S. debt held by the public and 32% of the total debt of $14.1 trillion. The largest holders were the central banks of China, Japan, the United Kingdom and Brazil.

The share held by foreign governments has grown over time, rising from 13% of the public debt in 1988 to 25% in 2007 not a good pattern for country the control the reserve currency of the world. Just saying.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

Bubba wrote:
rubigirl wrote:The money can still be sent without them taking control away from our local government
You mean the local government that is doing such a great job right now? Until today, it has been private contractors making temporary road repairs and clearing paths. CVPS built the temporary road around the washout in Mendon. Are those Vermont state helicopters flying in supplies? Are MREs coming from Montpelier? Seems like you have an ideological axe to grind right now without regard to what's working in practice.
I have a friend whose wife was trapped up Trailside Dr off East Mountain Road. All I've heard for the last couple of days from him are accolades for Kathleen Ramsay. Great communication. Got that road on the list to send town equipment over to repair it. His wife got out this morning. That's what competent town managers do, right? (Let's not hijack the thread....)

The other story I got is that Chris Nyberg had staff on ATVs on the ski trails checking up on the people trapped in the eastern parts of Killington. If you had a car in the driveway, a Killington employee knocked on your door to make sure everything was OK.
Finn
Postaholic

Post by Finn »

rubigirl-get a grip on yourself.
diasters are always a team effort.
Mosher and the local towns people took charge and started to get it going. K fire dept is doing a great job and all the others helping to- thank you every one.
who are you- a newbie in town that wants to control and save the world-give me a break.
Do you have the finances to save everyone-if not shut up. Idealistic view points are nice, but in a real life situation

So don't take any FEMA money for yourself..let the real people in need take it.

Have a great life somewhere else, but not in a small town like K!
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

thwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwocka
thwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwockathwocka
"Default on aug 3rd just like clown lips said."
-- Racist Maddie, finally revealing himself as the hateful racist that he really is

"The rest of your post is something my pathetic little mind can't even remotely fathom."
-- Racist Maddie: uncut, uncensored, unedited and unhinged

"when is JG gonna figure out that since i OWN HIM, there is no need to respond to him"
-- tellitlikeheiwishesitwas, stumbling into a new way to handle being publicly called out for lying: a clumsy duck and weave with a dollop of self-delusion

"blah blah Okemo is awesome blah"
-- SkippyShill, in an accidental moment of misplaced clarity

"Go f*** yourself."
-- StreetSkippy, who be hatin' on tha haters
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Geoff wrote:
Bubba wrote:
I have a friend whose wife was trapped up Trailside Dr off East Mountain Road. All I've heard for the last couple of days from him are accolades for Kathleen Ramsay. Great communication. Got that road on the list to send town equipment over to repair it. His wife got out this morning. That's what competent town managers do, right? (Let's not hijack the thread....)

The other story I got is that Chris Nyberg had staff on ATVs on the ski trails checking up on the people trapped in the eastern parts of Killington. If you had a car in the driveway, a Killington employee knocked on your door to make sure everything was OK.
Clearly, I didn't make my point clear. By local I meant the state, as opposed to FEMA which is the rubigirl point of contention. Local towns had to initially take it upon themselves to get organized and make repairs. The state was nowhere to be found, at least at first. Our governor, however, stated publicly that no Vermonters were "stranded", then had to backtrack and explain his comment by the end of the day because people just looked at him like he was crazy. Kathleen, Seth, and the rest of the town are doing a great job. The state is lending a hand as is FEMA. It's a coordinated effort, contrary to the perceived issues raised by rubigirl.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

rubigirl
Blue Chatterbox

Post by rubigirl »

I am not perceiving anything. I am simply not impressed with FEMA coming in here and insisting on managing things. They took control of the Mountain today basically saying they know more than the locals do and I respectfully disagree. I have lived in New England my entire life and I lived here for the past 10 years. I am insulted at the core of being by these FEMA fools and that is all there is to it. If you need them to help you get out of here fine but I see them as more of hinderance than a help to me. They are all about control and getting attention for themselves and their "special efforts". They are doing nothing we cannot do for ourselves.......aside from the money and they can simply wire that in without making a big scene about it.
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

This is more bad info. Fema isn't in control. PLEASE DO NOT POST INACCURATE INFORMATION
Thanks in advance
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Bubba wrote:
OMG, Bubba has been reduced to consuming MREs. What will be next, Fuel your neighbor? :violin
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?