Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Demographic / customer groups that are leaving Killington

Post by Highway Star »

- Brits
- 8 am skiers
- etc?
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Demographic / customer groups that are leaving Killington

Post by madhatter »

bumpers
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

People who enjoy snowmaking on advanced trails.

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
tt431
Post Office

Post by tt431 »

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

KillingtonZone posters named Highway Star
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

I had a hard time last year pulling the trigger on a pass for this season. Tough deciding if putting up with POWDrs shenanigans are worth it; even tougher when you own property... Somehow I know if I don't, it'll be the season to remember at K. Too bad all the passholders can't stand together to help bring change...
ImageImageImageImage
jambear
Green Skidder

Post by jambear »

I already bought my pass for next year but i am going with the wife to Sunday River this weekend since they have at least 25 full trails open and are still making snow as fast as they can.

Lift tix are $59 bucks and i found a close, cheap, clean family owned motel for $70 bucks a night. :banana:

I have not been there in years and looks like my season is yet to be over!! :mrgreen:

I will miss all my friends from the beast and everyone at Moguls, Baja Burrito and Snoop at the Pickle.

If anyone comes up ti the River this weekend see you at the Matterhorn :Toast
The sensual caress of waist deep cold smoke.... glory in skiing virgin snow, in being the first to mark the powder with the signature of their run. ~Tim Cahill
Ski_the_Moguls
Poster Child Poster

Post by Ski_the_Moguls »

Bubba wrote:KillingtonZone posters named Highway Star
I think it is very unfair of you to spread false rumors and get our hopes up like this.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Bubba wrote:KillingtonZone posters named Highway Star
I looked at the driving times/distances for a few other places this week already.

snowguy59
Blue Chatterbox

Post by snowguy59 »

jambear wrote:I already bought my pass for next year but i am going with the wife to Sunday River this weekend since they have at least 25 full trails open and are still making snow as fast as they can.

Lift tix are $59 bucks and i found a close, cheap, clean family owned motel for $70 bucks a night. :banana:

I have not been there in years and looks like my season is yet to be over!! :mrgreen:

I will miss all my friends from the beast and everyone at Moguls, Baja Burrito and Snoop at the Pickle.

If anyone comes up ti the River this weekend see you at the Matterhorn :Toast
hey, what hotel is that? i want to take a trip there next winter and was wondering where to stay cheap... thanks
Ballzout
Bumper

Post by Ballzout »

They have lost our small group this year. I guess we represent the "people-who-live-hundreds-of-miles-south-and-drive-to-Killington-for-spring-skiing/riding-when PA, WV, and MD resorts close" demographic. I usually bring a couple of people to Killington for about 7-10 days every April. We buy their day lift tickets almost the entire time. We spend our money at a local hotel (TRL). We spend a couple hundred dollars at the local restaurants and (too) many hundreds at the bars and Long Trail Brewery (as I post this I'm drinking a nice cold Double Bag). I'm gonna miss doing it all this year :cry: Instead, vacation $$$ goes to Jay Peak, Sunday River and their surrounding areas this year. Killington hasn't lost us forever though. I like the people in the parking lot there too much (you KZoners) to go elsewhere after 1 really bad season. Next year, if mother nature isn't such a bitch, and Powdr does the right things to have more terrain open in April, we'll be back for our usual routine.

I may be stopping at Killington for 1 day next Tuesday, to ski Superstar and hang out with the peeps in the parking lot. But that's a big maybe. To swing down to K between Jay and SR will add like, an extra 200 miles.

BTW, if anyone is going to Jay Peak this weekend, please check the ride share forum. I am asking for, as well as offering a ride :-)
2021-2022 season total days: 18

Killington, VT: 2
Ski Roundtop, PA: 3..........Ski Whitetail, PA: 5............Ski Liberty, PA: 3
Jack Frost, PA: 0.......... Okemo, VT: 2............Stowe, VT: 3
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Ballzout is the classic example of the demographic 'institution' (as Dis would say) that PWDR has disrupted and marginalized.
People willing to invest from a great distance to share a spirit that used to reside here. It didn't need to be this way.
( in the background, I can hear BB King and Lucille 'The thrill is gone' )

25+ years of passholder loyalty on these old legs. Now it's really hard to justify on aggravation expenses alone. Wife and daughter have also grown tired of all the mayhem. It's almost embarrasing now to have a pass here. The degradation of services is just the tip of the iceberg. Things have gone to hell-in-a-handbasket and seemingly voting with the pocketbook will be our likely choice next season. Thankfully, we have options north of the Beast. Next season could be a barometer on whether PWDR is all-in. Can they withstand 2 straight years of red on the balance sheet? If Cummings is like other B'aires, they loathe successive losses.

Many friends share the same opinion. In our posse alone, that's $10k of pass money that wont be lining any SLC lawyers' pockets.

BEASTonished!
Last edited by brownman on Mar 27th, '12, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.
Forever .. Goat Path
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

brownman wrote:Ballzout is the classic example of the demographic 'institution' (as Dis would say) that PWDR has disrupted and marginalized.
People willing to invest from a great distance to share a spirit that used to reside here. It didn't need to be this way.
( in the background, I can hear BB King and Lucille 'The thrill is gone' )

25+ years of passholder loyalty on these old legs. Now it's really hard to justify on aggravation expenses alone. Wife and daughter have also grown tired of all the mayhem.It's almost embarrasing now to have a pass here. The degradation of services is just the tip of the iceberg. Things have gone to hell-in-a-handbasket and seemingly voting with the pocketbook will be our likely choice next season. Thankfully, we have options north of the Beast. Next season could be a barometer on whether PWDR is all-in. Can they withstand 2 straight years of red on the balance sheet? If Cummings is like other B'aires, they loathe successive losses.

Many friends share the same opinion. In our posse alone, that's $10k of pass money that wont be lining any SLC lawyers' pockets.

BEASTonished!
I'm going to start asking people if they want to start a ski house at an alternate area.

Cutback
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Cutback »

For those who may be tallying lost revenue for PWDR and the access road businesses - my group is not coming up this weekend. Instead we are going to the UMD/UVA lax game and doing yard work. As of 3/17 I was planning to bring up my family and 3-4 PA ski buds this weekend who would have bought day tickets for two days. Going to FL surfing Easter week (would have skied at K, likely with paying guests if snow was good). I don't think snow making the past two days would have made much difference in our decision due to the crazy warm weather run but K not making snow makes me feel much better about not going. Hope next season it snows 300+ inches Oct-May to make up for this year!
GreenMtMan
Green Skidder

Post by GreenMtMan »

I am ready to look elsewhere after 15 years as a passholder. My beefs are its tough to bring a young family here - especially on the weekends. Tired of looking out for my life and my kids lifes on certain trails, getting high without lighting up on the gondola and explaining to my kids why I am acting weird, and the many other things many of you bring up on this forum.
Let It Snow!