The official KZone "Killington is Amazing" Thread

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiersleft
Powderhound

The official KZone "Killington is Amazing" Thread

Post by skiersleft »

A lot of negative vibes about k recently. While I appreciate the reasons why people are upset, I think it would be cool to create a thread that is meant to highlight the good things about the mountain we all love.

So, please, no negative comments here. There are enough threads about that.

I'll start. I had a surprisingly good day out today on the hill. Snow was firm, but edgeable. Flurries all day and a coating of snow on trees and grass made it feel like winter again. The hill was empty and you could just point them and let go. Not great, but good and fun.

Enjoying an adult beverage as we speak in an access road speakeasy. Life is good.
steamboat1
Post Office

Re: The official KZone "Killington is Amazing" Thread

Post by steamboat1 »

Bathrooms at the RUB.
jambear
Green Skidder

Post by jambear »

Killington is amazing.................Nothing like spending the day skiing thru a blizzard and catching a blue bird powder day the next morning.

1st chair powder runs thru the trees......bombing down east fall.....last one to the lodge buys a round.

2 gondolas and secret powder stashes rock. :cool

I love my mountain......1st to open and (usually) last to close.

Not to mention the great local folks and places to eat, drink, party and stay!!! :banana:

The sensual caress of waist deep cold smoke.... glory in skiing virgin snow, in being the first to mark the powder with the signature of their run. ~Tim Cahill
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Stairway to heaven, cheap way to get open early, one of the better moves Powdr has made, The umbrella bars replacing that eyesore of the Barney Room addition to the KBL.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
skiersleft
Powderhound

Post by skiersleft »

shortski wrote:Stairway to heaven, cheap way to get open early, one of the better moves Powdr has made, The umbrella bars replacing that eyesore of the Barney Room addition to the KBL.
+1,000,000

I love the Stairway and the whole early season vibe at the North Ridge with the music and the beer and food. Everybody just seems to be so happy to be skiing so early that they don't care about the lift lines. They just enjoy every minute and soak it up. Awesome.

And the Umbrella Bars are really cool. Last week with the warm weather they were amazing Thursday and Friday. Definitely much better than the Barney room.

One other thing that I like about K are what I call "stealth snow" events. We get several a year. They happen when no one is predicting snow or are only predicting a dusting or an inch and we end up getting 5 or 6 inches. Gotta love mountain weather and the Killington cloud.
tt431
Post Office

Post by tt431 »

skiersleft wrote:A lot of negative vibes about k recently. While I appreciate the reasons why people are upset, I think it would be cool to create a thread that is meant to highlight the good things about the mountain we all love.

So, please, no negative comments here. There are enough threads about that.

I'll start. I had a surprisingly good day out today on the hill. Snow was firm, but edgeable. Flurries all day and a coating of snow on trees and grass made it feel like winter again. The hill was empty and you could just point them and let go. Not great, but good and fun.

Enjoying an adult beverage as we speak in an access road speakeasy. Life is good.
Johnny, la gente esta muy negativa.
Vivan los snowmakers!
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

With "the most extensive snowmaking system in the world", Killington is the undisputed "King of Spring" and that continues to make the place super special.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Please note starting Monday, April 2 operation hours will be from 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Devils Fiddle
Black Carver

Post by Devils Fiddle »

First to open. Longest season in the east. Actual steep terrain in places. Decent trees. Umbrella bars. Plenty of access road hookers. The list just goes on.......
Stache
Poster Child Poster

Post by Stache »

Juggernaut for a peaceful private relationship with the woods and God.

Devil's Fiddle, Vertigo, Thimble, Escapade, and many others for making you think you are gonna meet him soon.
Stache

2018-19
Killington = 2
Whaleback = 1
Dartmouth Skiway =
my poor knees
Green Skidder

Post by my poor knees »

Devils Fiddle wrote:First to open. Longest season in the east. Actual steep terrain in places. Decent trees. Umbrella bars. Plenty of access road hookers. The list just goes on.......
woooooo stop everything, access road hookers ? Tell me it isn't so :shock:
skiersleft
Powderhound

Post by skiersleft »

steamboat1 wrote:Please note starting Monday, April 2 operation hours will be from 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Great news!
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

How about...
Non-stop lapping New/Old Cascade/Flume early AM, on 2'+ fresh natural tate ... until the runout throws you down in a facial.
Meeting up with pheasants/mink/fox/ermine/porkys and other assorted game at any time when side country.
Making it all the way to Wheelerville with your posse intact and having your truck start on the first attempt :like
Running OL until your body refuses to, on a fully blanketed and just opened surface of the best chalk known to man.

Just the thought of these things restores faith that the magic just got mis-placed this year.
C-est la Vie.

BEASTonished!
Forever .. Goat Path
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

I don't know how this thread has gotten as far as it has without it being mentioned...

Killington is amazing because it is the home mountain of the self proclaimed Weather God!
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Love skiing the Canyon with the steeps, bumps, trees and the best snow on the mountain. This has been my favorite place to ski for the last 34 years.
Heavenly Reverse Stairway – Our link to early season turns.
Devils Den, Centerpiece, Growler, Mark’s Woods and the Super Secret Trees. All my favorite places in the woods were I love to be.
Last as my wife reminds me all the time we are lucky to live where we can ski 180 days a year. (Most years)
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.