Boarder Cross Course on Snowshed

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

jbkmart
Black Carver

Boarder Cross Course on Snowshed

Post by jbkmart »

It's on the new trail map on skier's right. (Replaces the planned one on Devil's Fiddle.)
It should provide a nice mix of never evers and reckless bombers. I think it deserves a webcam.
HelmetCam
Postaholic

Re: Boarder Cross Course on Snowshed

Post by HelmetCam »

The Beach returns...
Devils Fiddle
Black Carver

Post by Devils Fiddle »

There goes my faith in our new leadership.............

:dislike

Should be on da fiddle.
skiingsnow
Guru Poster

Post by skiingsnow »

Devils Fiddle wrote:There goes my faith in our new leadership.............

Should be on da fiddle.
The map was already designed before the leadership change, he said so when he changed the weekend opening time to 8am for the K1 that the map would say otherwise because it had already gone to print with the "all lifts open at 8:30 weekends/holidays".
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Should be on da fiddle.
Would you really want all those lower level snowboarders and skiers trying to come down DF to get to the boarder cross?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
skifaster
Poster Child Poster

Post by skifaster »

skiingsnow wrote:

Should be on da fiddle.
The map was already designed before the leadership change, he said so when he changed the weekend opening time to 8am for the K1 that the map would say otherwise because it had already gone to print with the "all lifts open at 8:30 weekends/holidays".

:like
"Audaces Fortuna Luvat” Fortune Favors the Bold...
JJR
Green Skidder

Post by JJR »

This is not a good idea. Should make for some interesting situations. I wonder if there will separate access to the condo trails or will those folks have to mingle with the bombers?
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

JJR wrote:This is not a good idea. Should make for some interesting situations. I wonder if there will separate access to the condo trails or will those folks have to mingle with the bombers?
Bubba should be able to answer this questions since he skied home when the original Beach was there.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Let me try to explain this before everyone gets worked up:

THERE IS NOT GOING TO BE AN X-GAMES QUALITY BOARDERCROSS COURSE ON SNOWSHED.

From what the map shows, it will be directly under the quad chair, making it obvious to every novice ever to come to Killington. I'm figuring that it will be a very easy course with some rolls and banked turns to allow novices to practice skiing over something that isn't entirely flat.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
JJR wrote:This is not a good idea. Should make for some interesting situations. I wonder if there will separate access to the condo trails or will those folks have to mingle with the bombers?
Bubba should be able to answer this questions since he skied home when the original Beach was there.
The original Beach area ended just up hill from the Trail Creek ski home trail and, in my opinion, created a potential hazard for folks heading for home. On the other hand, all that was needed was some orange safety fencing and the problem would have been solved.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
tellitlikeitis
Bumper

Post by tellitlikeitis »

Highway Star wrote:Let me try to explain this before everyone gets worked up:

I'm figuring that it will be a very easy course with some rolls and banked turns to allow novices to practice skiing over something that isn't entirely flat.

if they were a real ski hill , then that would simply be a maintained mogul course on some blue trails all over the hill :roll:
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

tellitlikeitis wrote:

I'm figuring that it will be a very easy course with some rolls and banked turns to allow novices to practice skiing over something that isn't entirely flat.

if they were a real ski hill , then that would simply be a maintained mogul course on some blue trails all over the hill :roll:
Moguls are played out in the eyes of the industry.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

Highway Star wrote:
tellitlikeitis wrote:

Opinion of some in the industry. If it was true why would so many people want to ski O.L. and other similar trails. Moguls on the side of Cruise Control are great in my opinion.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

biged wrote:
Highway Star wrote:
tellitlikeitis wrote:

Opinion of some in the industry. If it was true why would so many people want to ski O.L. and other similar trails. Moguls on the side of Cruise Control are great in my opinion.
If Moguls were played out, P-Okemo-N would not farm at least 3 mogul runs. If played out BMMC would not be making a come back.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?