Start the Impeachment process

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: Start the Impeachment process

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

deadheadskier wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I do find some enjoyment watching Obama struggle with Iraq. He's still "considering options", meanwhile Iran is committing troops. Obama seems to take the lead from behind approach.
You want to see him commit troops, i.e. go back to war in Iraq?

I'm sure there's an army recruitment office right around the corner. You can sign on up if you think it's what needs to be done.
Easy there killer - where did I say I want Obama to commit troops? I want to see him deploy targeted missile attacks against the ISIS. To get from city to city, as the ISIS is doing, requires them to be out in the open. Get them while we can. What else are we spending all this money on for drones, missles, etc?

I appreciate you feeling I must have skin in the game to be entitled to an opinion. I guess if you want to have an opinion on the troops staying out of Iraq you'll need to be in congress or part of our executive branch before you're entitled to your opinion. Oh wait, let me guess, it's "different" in your situation. Anyway, let me know how that works - I'm sure there is a local campaign headquarters around the corner.
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

I think that would be a waste of perfectly good warheads and money

That shitstorm in the Middle East isn't going to end no matter how many bombs we huck at it.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I do find some enjoyment watching Obama struggle with Iraq. He's still "considering options", meanwhile Iran is committing troops. Obama seems to take the lead from behind approach.

I'm sure there's an army recruitment office right around the corner. You can sign on up if you think it's what needs to be done.
Easy there killer - where did I say I want Obama to commit troops? I want to see him deploy targeted missile attacks against the ISIS. To get from city to city, as the ISIS is doing, requires them to be out in the open. Get them while we can. What else are we spending all this money on for drones, missles, etc?

I appreciate you feeling I must have skin in the game to be entitled to an opinion. I guess if you want to have an opinion on the troops staying out of Iraq you'll need to be in congress or part of our executive branch before you're entitled to your opinion. Oh wait, let me guess, it's "different" in your situation. Anyway, let me know how that works - I'm sure there is a local campaign headquarters around the corner.
Two options: 1) bomb them when they're on the move or 2) Let them build their Islamic state and then bomb it like we did German factories in WWII. Let's face it if we never got rid of Saddam Hussein Iraq would not be in this much of a mess. This is the United States fault we should help fix it. Looks like Saddam was right the only way you keep these tribal animals in Iraq from fighting with each other is to rule with an iron fist (never thought I'd say that). Obama will wait and wait and wait....
The U.S. embassy is U.S. soil. Bring in 300 Marines and if ISIS troops get within 10 miles carpet bomb them with white phosphorus. The ISIS leader says he will meet us in N.Y.? That is a threat light them up.
3223064725_e9e2846d08[1].jpg
3223064725_e9e2846d08[1].jpg (88.67 KiB) Viewed 885 times
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

freeski wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:

Two options: 1) bomb them when they're on the move or 2) Let them build their Islamic state and then bomb it like we did German factories in WWII. Let's face it if we never got rid of Saddam Hussein Iraq would not be in this much of a mess. This is the United States fault we should help fix it. Looks like Saddam was right the only way you keep these tribal animals in Iraq from fighting with each other is to rule with an iron fist (never thought I'd say that). Obama will wait and wait and wait....
The U.S. embassy is U.S. soil. Bring in 300 Marines and if ISIS troops get within 10 miles carpet bomb them with white phosphorus. The ISIS leader says he will meet us in N.Y.? That is a threat light them up.
When asked why Japan did not move to invade the US, it was stated they feared every American was armed and the Japanese could not survive an invasion. NOW? We are limited in armaments while the Illegal insurgents will have everything they need. Be prepared, bow to Islam or die.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Dr. NO wrote:
freeski wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:

When asked why Japan did not move to invade the US, it was stated they feared every American was armed and the Japanese could not survive an invasion. NOW? We are limited in armaments while the Illegal insurgents will have everything they need. Be prepared, bow to Islam or die.
Happy hour start early?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Admiral Yamamoto never said such a thing ... here all this time I thought the battle of Midway prevented a mainland invasion.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Over the weekend the ISIS claimed to have executed 1,700 Iraqi solders. There are pictures of them lining them up in shallow pits and having them lay down and shooting them; others were beheaded. These pictures were reminiscent of the holocaust of WWII. After the U.S. left the new government was not very inclusive. They did not share power nor oil wealth. There are a lot of problems in Iraq and there have been for a long time and the U.S. can not solve them all, but we could stop ISIS from taking more cities and help push them out of the cities they have taken. Obama should have known what he would do in the position we are in before we got here. It didn't happen overnight. He is not a community organizer any longer, some of his decisions need to be made in a timely manner. When he spent Sunday playing golf when Iraqis were being slaughtered he looked very out of touch and not engaged. :rant
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

The Shiite's and Sunni's hate each other. Always have, always will.

I don't see a solution to the violence until each group is given their own sovereign property.

Break up Syria and Iraq as they currently exist, redraw the map, just like has needed to be done in Eastern Europe and elsewhere around the world throughout history. The Eastern part of Iraq goes to the Shiite. Western Syria goes to the Shiite. In the middle goes to the Sunni.

Until they can come together and agree to go their separate ways instead of trying to integrate with one another, this war goes on and on.

It sucks seeing the death of the innocent as this all happens. But, they need to figure it out for themselves. US involvement will only save lives temporarily and even that is somewhat debatable.

And let's not forget our economy can't afford more war, nor is it right to put our soldiers at further risk. We don't belong in the Middle East. We can't fix the problem; only they can.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Admiral Yamamoto never said such a thing ... here all this time I thought the battle of Midway prevented a mainland invasion.
Yamamoto never wanted to invade the mainland US. His whole goal was to destroy America's Pacific fleet quickly, especially the aircraft carriers, with those losses forcing the US to negotiate peace on Japanese terms. He knew if it was a long, drawn out conflict, the US would prevail. Tojo, on the other hand, may have had other ideas. I don't think we'll ever know.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Bubba wrote:Happy hour start early?
Did (does) it ever end? Need to find better things to do with my time.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Dr. NO wrote:
Bubba wrote:Happy hour start early?
Did (does) it ever end? Need to find better things to do with my time.
Reading is Fundamental. In your case, learning is apparently optional. :wink:

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Guy in Shorts

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Bubba wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:With the list of lies and scandals surrounding Obama what is taking so long to get rid of the worst president in the history of United States ?
If you believe he's the worst in history, you need to study history.
Lets say the worst president in this century.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Guy in Shorts wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:With the list of lies and scandals surrounding Obama what is taking so long to get rid of the worst president in the history of United States ?
Obama is a new kind of worst president, kind of a religious charlatan. He claims to be a Christian, but because of his upbringing is very sympathetic toward Muslims and this has weakened the U.S. war on terror. We will pay dearly for his lack of action in the future. :|
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

Guy in Shorts wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Right now, I think it's a toss-up for worst president of this century. After the Democrats lost control of the house two years into his Presidency, Obama has merely been "ineffective". Dubya collapsed the economy and mired the US in two un-winable wars at enormous expense. Obama would have to do something truly disastrous in the next 2 1/2 years to surpass Dubya in a race to the bottom.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Geoff wrote:Dubya collapsed the economy
So it was Dubya that forced banks to make bad loans & deregulated the derivatives markets. That's news to me.