Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
freeski
Post Office

Re: Start the Impeachment process

Post by freeski »

Geoff wrote:
Guy in Shorts wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:With the list of lies and scandals surrounding Obama what is taking so long to get rid of the worst president in the history of United States ?
If you believe he's the worst in history, you need to study history.
Lets say the worst president in this century.
Right now, I think it's a toss-up for worst president of this century. After the Democrats lost control of the house two years into his Presidency, Obama has merely been "ineffective". Dubya collapsed the economy and mired the US in two un-winable wars at enormous expense. Obama would have to do something truly disastrous in the next 2 1/2 years to surpass Dubya in a race to the bottom.
I agree "W" was worse. He went along with made up WMD allegations to take revenge on Saddam for trying to kill his father. When he was elected I knew he would go after him. "W" also tried to politicize the attorney generals offices which was despicable.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

freeski wrote:I agree "W" was worse. He went along with made up WMD allegations to take revenge on Saddam for trying to kill his father. When he was elected I knew he would go after him.
"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face." --Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." --Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." Letter to President Clinton, signed by: -- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." -Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies." -- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." Letter to President Bush, Signed by: -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them." -- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..." -- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" -- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." -- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..." -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

SB1: You must be the guy who still thinks it was a good idea to invade Iraq. I knew you were out there somewhere, but I didn't think you'd be on K-Zone! :D
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

freeski wrote:SB1: You must be the guy who still thinks it was a good idea to invade Iraq. I knew you were out there somewhere, but I didn't think you'd be on K-Zone! :D
And you must be the guy that was all for it until you were against it. Same as many of those quoted above.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

steamboat1 wrote:
freeski wrote:SB1: You must be the guy who still thinks it was a good idea to invade Iraq. I knew you were out there somewhere, but I didn't think you'd be on K-Zone! :D
And you must be the guy that was all for it until you were against it. Same as many of those quoted above.
Guilty as charged.
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

I have ALWAYS been against military action in the Middle East. Even on 9/12/2001 when I found out my college roommate and dear friend died in the WTC and I was grieving with thoughts of revenge, I knew going over there was going to be a bad idea.

This war has been going on since essentially 632 when Muhammad died. I've always held the believe that there is nothing the US can do stop such a holy war among extremist zealots.

Sure, we could occupy the area indefinitely with our military. In doing so, any support we would give to the Shiite would just piss off the Sunni and vice versa. AND that problem stretches beyond Iraqi borders. Iran is dominated by the Shiite, Saudi Arabia by the Sunni.

You can't pick sides and they sure as sh*t aren't going to listen to infidels from the west trying to be mediators on how to integrate and make peace. It will never happen. So, all we do by getting involved is piss one sect off and then the other and they will want to kill people on our soil for revenge.

Then there's the wildcard of Israel. Our support of them pisses off both Sunni and Shiite sects.

As long as there is organized religion, that area of the world will always be at war. It's best to let them handle that problem on their own.

Oh right, oil. We need that. Well, the Middle East has nothing else to sell for the most part. They still sell to India and China even though they don't get involved in conflicts over there. We're still the biggest oil hog of them all, pretty sure we'd remain customers if we chose to remain neutral.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Attachments
pl_playlist_f.jpg
pl_playlist_f.jpg (75.27 KiB) Viewed 1041 times
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

House to sue Obama

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/ ... -Get-Court" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

I recall years ago when I said all these Negative things about Obama and his Administration that I had been reading on the NET and which was not being reported by the " Lame Stream Media " most of you told me to take off my tin foil hat ! Well it looks like all these rumors are coming home to roost !
Last edited by Atomic1 on Jun 26th, '14, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Atomic1 wrote:I recall years ago when I said all these Negative things and about Obama and his Administration that I had been reading on the NET and which was not being reported by the " Lame Stream Media " most of you told me to take off my tin foil hat ! Well it looks like all these rumors are coming home to roost !
Rumors roost?

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Bubba wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:I recall years ago when I said all these Negative things and about Obama and his Administration that I had been reading on the NET and which was not being reported by the " Lame Stream Media " most of you told me to take off my tin foil hat ! Well it looks like all these rumors are coming home to roost !
Rumors roost?
Rumors come and rumors go but the Roost is forever !
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Geoff wrote: Right now, I think it's a toss-up for worst president of this century. After the Democrats lost control of the house two years into his Presidency, Obama has merely been "ineffective". Dubya collapsed the economy and mired the US in two un-winable wars at enormous expense. Obama would have to do something truly disastrous in the next 2 1/2 years to surpass Dubya in a race to the bottom.
Wut???

Clinton started the pressure to reduce lending criteria for Fannie May, creating the framework for sub prime lending. Barney Frank (Chairman of Financial Services Committee 2003 on) made in indelible impression on me with his constant insistence on the fiscal soundness of Fannie May and the sub prime program.

I am not a fan of W either, and while his administration failed to grasp the impending train wreck, you can't lay the collapse at his feet. Even Wall Street just traded the instruments, the underlying lack of soundness of the mortgage market was the fault of government required sub prime lending. While there was some Republican support for the program, it was the Democrats that insisted on it, controlled congress, and headed the relevant committees.

Iraq W owns.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

9 Cases the GOP Would Love to Bring Against Obama

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/ ... inst-Obama" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Interesting article on the recent SCOTUS 9 - 0 decision on recess appointments.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mitch-mcc ... 00672.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Obama risks constitutional crisis.

http://www.newsmax.com/US/gambler-execu ... e=harsjqf6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald