market selloff

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
steamboat1
Post Office

Re: market selloff

Post by steamboat1 »

How many of these people can create a job?

* Peter Berns, The Arc
* Sister Simone Campbell, NETWORK
* Chad Griffin, Human Rights Campaign (HRC)
* Wade Henderson, Leadership Conference on Civil Rights (LCCR)
* Deepa Iyer National Council of Asian Pacific Americans (NCAPA)
* Ben Jealous, NAACP
* Marc Morial, National Urban League
* Janet Murguia, National Council of La Raza (NCLR)
* Barry Rand, AARP
* Kristin Rowe-Finkbeiner, MomsRising.org
* Rev. Al Sharpton, National Action Network (NAN)
* Aaron Smith, Young Invincibles
* Rev. Jim Wallis, Sojourners

These people were invited to the white house today to discuss the fiscal cliff.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

steamboat1 wrote:How many of these people can create a job?

* Peter Berns, The Arc
* Ben Jealous, NAACP
* Barry Rand, AARP

The White House meeting with CEOs follows a gathering of labor leaders and liberal groups Tuesday in which participants said Obama remained clear that he would push for his campaign pledge of making the wealthiest Americans pay more in taxes.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

steamboat1 wrote:How many of these people can create a job?

* Peter Berns, The Arc
* Ben Jealous, NAACP
* Barry Rand, AARP

Maybe some of them will be on the "We can CUT this program" list. Yeah, right! :D

oops, I upped my post count again, SMACK!
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Look what's making money !...Time to legalize it, tax it and move on ! http://www.marketwatch.com/story/mariju ... atest_news
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

happy days are here again, the great clown slide has ended, all rejoice and catch a rising star/falling knife... good day for the major indices, but an even better day for commodities tarnishes the glow. Rising oil prices and tensions in the mid-east loom. the future is clear as mud...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

madhatter wrote:Image

Out Of Ammo?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-12-12/out-ammo

"It has been three years and nine months since the Fed announced 'real' QE1. Presented for your convenience below is the market's reactions then and for comparison we have included today's reaction. It seems the markets - whether Gold, FX, or Treasuries - have become numb (or engorged) on the Fed's actions. This leaves us with the sad conclusion, which the Fed will be last to acknowledge: the ammo, it's gone. It's all gone."

what does this all mean? ZH'ers know...
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

oooohhhh you so smaaaaht madhatter

Best January since 1994

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 37672.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

approaching 2007 record high

yup, everyone with money has been so scared of hopey dopey.

but of course you'll argue if your boy Mittens got in, the Dow would be busting 20gs from all the cons making it r*in.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:oooohhhh you so smaaaaht madhatter

Best January since 1994

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 37672.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

approaching 2007 record highawesome almost back where ya were six years ago, woo hooo congrats. How's gold compare over that period? math ain't yer strong suit huh dumbass

yup, everyone with money has been so scared of hopey dopey.volatility makes traders money, the avg 401k? ain't done much in that period once you take out active contributions since then.

but of course you'll argue if your boy Mittens got in, the Dow would be busting 20gspretty sure QE is the driver and the reason to vote out hopey dope was specifically to stop the spending that is driving QE, but you knew that right brain dead? from all the cons making it r*in.
Kyle Bass Tells 'Nominal' Stock Market Cheerleaders: Remember Zimbabwe

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-02-0 ... r-zimbabwe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Bass starts by reflecting on the ongoing (and escalating) money-printing (or balance sheet expansion as we noted here) as the driver of stock movements currently and would not be surprised to see them move higher still (given the ongoing printing expected). However, he caveats that nominally bullish statement with a critical point, "Zimbabwe's stock market was the best performer this decade - but your entire portfolio now buys you 3 eggs" as purchasing power is crushed. Investors, he says, are "too focused on nominal prices" as the rate of growth of the monetary base is destroying true wealth. Bass is convinced that cost-push inflation is coming (as the velocity of money will move once psychology shifts) and investors must not take their eye off the insidious nature of underlying inflation - no matter what we are told by the government (as they will always lie when its critical). Own 'productive assets', finance them at low fixed rates (thank you Ben)"

The Government Generously Offers To Help You "Manage” Your Retirement Account

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-02-0 ... nt-account" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The obvious concept is that when the government runs out of money, or they face a drying up in interest for its debt, they will come for the $19.4 trillion in American’s retirement accounts. It seems that day may be finally drawing near.

I stopped contributing to my 401k back when I worked at Bernstein, and I will probably now have to give more serious consideration whether I want to take the penalty and move the funds out of my retirement account entirely. I haven’t made any decisions, but will be watching closely.

I’m sure the government is just trying to protect your retirement account from terrorists.

From Bloomberg:

The U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is weighing whether it should take on a role in helping Americans manage the $19.4 trillion they have put into retirement savings, a move that would be the agency’s first foray into consumer investments.

That’s one of the things we’ve been exploring and are interested in in terms of whether and what authority we have,” bureau director Richard Cordray said in an interview. He didn’t provide additional details.

Market's crankin' ...ALL IN!!! ( dipshits) dare to be stupid...
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

madhatter wrote: almost back where ya were six years ago, woo hooo congrats. How's gold compare over that period? math ain't yer strong suit huh dumbass[/color]

volatility makes traders money, the avg 401k? ain't done much in that period once you take out active contributions since then.
What the f*** did you expect dumbass? Worst crash since the Great Depression. And how long did it take the market to recover to Pre-Great Depression levels back then? Over 20 years. Some would argue not until 1959 when you factor in inflation.

and regarding 401Ks? were doing just fine in my household.

Face loser it, you were dead wrong. Best month in almost 20 years, yet if someone asked you back then, you would probably say come February the Dow would be well below 10K

not that I'd expect some narcissistic sociopath psycho like yourself to ever admit you were wrong.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote: almost back where ya were six years ago, woo hooo congrats. How's gold compare over that period? math ain't yer strong suit huh dumbass[/color]

volatility makes traders money, the avg 401k? ain't done much in that period once you take out active contributions since then.
What the f*** did you expect dumbass?I bought gold @sshole, compare that to the dow since 2007 and GFYS d!sh*t. Worst crash since the Great Depression. And how long did it take the market to recover to Pre-Great Depression levels back then? Over 20 years. Some would argue not until 1959 when you factor in inflation.

and regarding 401Ks? were doing just fine in my household. only cuz yer too stupid to know better. 6 years of stagnant growth? I've done MUCH MUCH better than that just with the metal, let alone other investments in hard assets. You can pretend all ya want. I don't care.

Face loser it, you were dead wrong. Best month in almost 20 yearsfor BLUE CHIPS, if ya read, yet if someone asked you back then, you would probably say come February the Dow would be well below 10K

not that I'd expect some narcissistic sociopath psycho like yourself to ever admit you were wrong.
http://www.dailypaul.com/273030/gold-si ... -dow-14000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gold/Silver Exposes 2007 Dow $14,000 v. 2013 Dow $14,000

I am just a nobody, but I thought I would just state the obvious here for the dailyPaul.

The Pump Monkeys on CNBC will declare “we are back from the brink” but what does Gold tell us about the recovery of the top in the DOW?

In 2007 it took 20 ounces of Gold to buy 1 stock in the Dow index.

In 2013 it only takes 8.3 ounces of Gold to by 1 stock in the Dow index.

The Dow is off 58% from its 2007 high in terms of Gold.

What does Silver tell us?

In 2007 it took 1056 ounces of Silver to buy 1 stock in the Dow index.

In 2013 it only takes 439 ounces of Silver to by 1 stock in the Dow index.

The Dow is off 58% from its 2007 high in terms of Silver.

Keep in mind all Metals are 2x OVER [200%] their 1980’s high with the exception of Silver which is just around ½ its High [64%].

Just to keep its current standing with the other Metals Silver right now today should be $100 per ounce.

Got Phyzz ???"

STUPID FUX again math is not your strong point is it? got metal? hahahahahahahahahaha you can only wish...
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

yup, narcissistic sociopath psycho certainly wasn't going to admit he was wrong

for the record, we own metal too. that wasn't the point of this topic. you called for a massive market sell off and plummet.

After a brief downtrend, things are rolling along at the best clip in a long time.

sorry asshole, you're not as smart as you think you are.

but everyone here knows that already.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:yup, narcissistic sociopath psycho certainly wasn't going to admit he was wrong

for the record, we own metal too. who cares? that wasn't the point of this topic. you called for a massive market sell off and plummet.

After a brief downtrend, things are rolling along at the best clip in a long time. yeah!!! 58% loss in purchasing power over the last six years, AWESOME!!!! are you really this dumb or are you just desperate to be "right"? which part of this do you not get? My contention for much longer than 3 mos has been that metals are outperforming the DOW, that QE is eroding purchasing power, that personal wealth is being stolen from the public right under their noses and that the bottom will drop out leaving many with nothing but worthless paper in their hands. If I'm wrong,big deal. I am largely self sufficient, have perpetual sources of income and food, heat etc. and numerous tangible assets, but missed out on DOW 14k oh no!!!? If you are wrong and the bottom does drop out? How long ya think yer 401k will provide food and heat? If you can actually convert it into anything tangible that people want. Risk management vs putting it all on black at roulette wheel.

sorry asshole, you're not as smart as you think you are.but you clearly are dumber than I thought you were. If you came here to gloat, it's a wasted effort, I don't feel like I'm missing out on DOW14k, I'm doing much better elsewhere. If you feel the DOW is where it's at for you , fine I'm not affected by that one way or the other.

but everyone here knows that already. yep it sux being this dumb, it's amazing that I've been able to survive this long, let alone flourish. if only I could become a braindeadskier, life would be grand!
you truly are ignorant. enjoy your wallow. Again I am far outpacing the DOW and don't give a f@ck what you do. Have fun at work tomorrow, I'm gonna go skeet shooting all the time.

PS I appreciate you being so enamored with me as to go back to dig up this thread. Love , madhatter.
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

The Market Is Not the Economy

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/20 ... ot-economy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"As everyone gets caught up in the euphoria of an ever rising S&P, remember that once upon a time, in a land far, far away, the economy was driven by goods produced and services provided instead of the amount of excess reserves banks can use to bid up market prices with.

Today however, the health of the economy seems to be lumped into the level of the S&P 500. Of course, with record deficits, and a record fed balance sheet, the message now is that everything is fixed - the economy is healed. This, as ZH readers can surmise, is complete nonsense. However, since we are ruled by a "new keynesian" elite, and they are supported by their media arms, well, they control that messageKool-Aid."

if this is incomprehensible to you, there will be major disappointment in your future.

woo hoo DOW14k!!!!!!!!!!!!! winning...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

It Is Not The United States Of Europe; Just The Opposite

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-02-0 ... t-opposite" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Round I consisted of the response of the world’s central banks which was to flood the globe with money in a bid to curtail the financial crisis of 2008/2009."

"Keep your eye fixed on the long bond and on gold as primal indicators of what is to come."

"The recent national election in the United States clearly demonstrated the oft quoted phrase that “Americans vote from their pocketbooks.”

" People just are not going to vote to cut off their own flow of funds and so the lower classes in America, en masse, have voted and will vote to keep the money coming."

"There is no way around the general conclusion that America is becoming socialized, that having money and being successful is a bad thing, which is the general philosophy in Europe"

"Votes are, in fact, bought and paid for but the money used to pay for them will begin to dry up as the Europization of America continues unabated."

"I point all of this out this morning not to state right or wrong but to state with clarity that the markets will be seriously impacted by all of this. The equity markets may be at all-time highs today as fed by the central banks but a turn is coming, a quite severe turn in my view, which will wipe the glitter from the ornaments. As Treasury yields begin to rise and as markets reassess relative value then the rose petals will begin to fall and if the central banks begin to end their monetary flood at the same time then “Katie Bar the Door” will be the result.

Later will be too late. The time to prepare is now!"

The Subsidy Addiction: Jobs Vs Foodstamps

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-02-0 ... foodstamps" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mach es sehr schnell